• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

MMaRsu

cddf4a2742414e37afd9c18ae33835df65761520_128.png

Almost there!

So good!

Angry Fork

Singleplayer: I'm not going to include any plot spoilers, so don't be afraid to highlight if that's what you're worried about.

-Maybe the best looking game on 360. I haven't spent enough time with it yet so far to be 100% sure. All the youtube and streams you've all seen do not do this game justice. It looks amazing in motion on your own tv.
-Framerate has been very smooth so far.
-Minor pop ins. Haven't installed it yet.
-Game is extremely cinematic. Gunplay is silky smooth (free aim or die)
-Melee kills are brutal and very satisfying.
-Playing on medium difficulty and like other people have said the game is not just run and gun.
-The AI is VERY smart. I've had enemies sneak up on me that I had no idea were coming and just put a bullet into the back of my head.
-Unique deaths when you die.
-Animations might be some of the best I've ever seen. The look, feel and weight to Max when he's running down a hall carrying a shotgun in one hand and an uzi in the other is perfect.
-They nailed bullet time. Feels just like it did back in the day, but better.
-Difficulty can be changed on fly.

Again I've only spent maybe an hour, if that with the single player, so there is still a lot I don't know yet. I don't know if there is any sort of exploration within the level. It's been linear so far. Not that I expected it to be open.

Nothing on the writing and atmosphere? Does the noir narration remain? The metaphors Sam Lake always put in? Is there any sense of tension or dread since the sun is everywhere?

Well I did see this great Virtua Tennis 2 score attack video..

http://youtu.be/FgZX6IfgHQI

Beware of spoilers as you dont wanna know who wins the tennis scoring match in the end.

The animation of those tennis players is pretty fantastic. The way they leap and twist and run... after the ball, you know. Visuals are gorgeous. I just hit random bits and skipped around. The way that the points show up after striking each ball if neat, very stylish.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The animation of those tennis players is pretty fantastic. The way they leap and twist and run... after the ball, you know. Visuals are gorgeous. I just hit random bits and skipped around. The way that the points show up after striking each ball if neat, very stylish.
Agreed. This is the next generation of tennis games for sure.

Simo

Well still he hangs back a bit too much waiting for the balls to come, I like tennis players who are a bit more on the agressive side.

True but at least he's on target with his swings and not completely missing the ball or getting outmatched by the opponent like the others.

The other guys were trying to play like it was a game of badminton.

Well still he hangs back a bit too much waiting for the balls to come, I like tennis players who are a bit more on the agressive side.

He's a bit ball-shy. I mean, missing the balls or getting hit by a tennis ball (ow!) would cause him to lose points, I'm sure he's just trying to err on the side of caution.

But it's great to see the player actually expressing his athleticism with leaps and dives and such. Makes it much more exciting, more than your average tennis game. The tennis player's uniform is quite nice, he cleans up nicely.

That new feature, Ball-Time, is impressive... the balls in slow motion look fantastic, especially as he dives to strike a ball back.

He's a bit ball-shy. I mean, missing the balls or getting hit by a tennis ball (ow!) would cause him to lose points, I'm sure he's just trying to err on the side of caution.

But it's great to see the player actually expressing his athleticism with leaps and dives and such. Makes it much more exciting, more than your average tennis game. The tennis player's uniform is quite nice, he cleans up nicely.

That new feature, Ball-Time, is impressive... the balls in slow motion look fantastic, especially as he dives to strike a ball back.

I love how they implement new technology in these tennis games now, like using Hawkeye to track the balls and see where they hit precisely.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Any chance the multiplayer fanbase will stick around for a while or will it just fizzle out after a couple months?
People still play Red Dead online and this seems to have a more focused multiplayer mode than that so it should be decently active. People seem to play R* games forever.

Tattooth

Is there any way to block someone on Social Club, this guy has sent me about 40 crew invites and there doesn't seem to be anything in place to block them.

angrybus

Banned
Top Bottom