• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

B.O.O.M

Guys is there any information on how long the SP campaign is? I'm hoping it's not short since that's the main reason I'm buying the game for

Simo

Guys is there any information on how long the SP campaign is? I'm hoping it's not short since that's the main reason I'm buying the game for

No doubt that will vary. Somebody in this thread said it took him 14 hours though.

:EDIT: Beaten like a redheaded stepchild twice by angrybus now! lol

B.O.O.M

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. That's fantastic news then. I usually take longer than most to complete SP campaigns cuz I spend of a lot of time just walking around and looking at stuff (Spent many hours on UC3 just to look at some of the art work used on the walls and such)

I'm glad R* made it a relatively long SP experience. If not I was gonna go over to the R* HQ with a baseball bat! (or a cricket bat! since I'm south asian)

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. That's fantastic news then. I usually take longer than most to complete SP campaigns cuz I spend of a lot of time just walking around and looking at stuff (Spent many hours on UC3 just to look at some of the art work used on the walls and such)

I'm glad R* made it a relatively long SP experience. If not I was gonna go over to the R* HQ with a baseball bat! (or a cricket bat! since I'm south asian)

Something you can not do in the first two missions.

B.O.O.M

I might be in the minority but I rarely play games again in a higher difficulty level (rare exceptions were games like Vanquish and GOW3)

But since given how much I absolutely LOVE this franchise, if this game is anywhere near as good as the previous ones, I will most probably go for a higher difficulty play through as well eventually

@Rivyn: Are you referring to UC3 or MaxPayne 3? If it's maxpayne please don't tell me why that is! :D Trying to avoid spoilers as much as I can

kaskade

Well after SP there's always score attack and also replaying the game on hard :D.

Then the seemingly great MP.

I've said it a few times but this game seems like mechanically it could be one of those to play over and over because it feels great. Arcade mode looks like it's there for that reason.

I might be in the minority but I rarely play games again in a higher difficulty level (rare exceptions were games like Vanquish and GOW3)

But since how much I absolutely LOVE this franchise, if this game is anywhere near as good as the previous ones, I will most probably go for a higher difficulty play through as well eventually

That approach changed for me as well the last couple of years. I always was this huge Hardcore gamer that did not mind a dozen extra deaths to have more suspense, but I did not play anything on Hard after I reached a 1000/1000 GS in Call of Duty 2 (Veteran mode, grrr!).

After all that I just decided that playing games on the normal difficulty featured plenty of suspense without any frustration.

I've said it a few times but this game seems like mechanically it could be one of those to play over and over because it feels great. Arcade mode looks like it's there for that reason.

The enemy AI is incredibly dynamic. Devs have stated that each time you play will different. I can only imagine how manic it will be playing on higher difficulties. It will be quite kick ass.

MercuryLS

Banned

I could see myself playing arcade mode a lot. Looks like a ton of fun trying to perfect your run.

MMaRsu

Are you the R* ninja? :p

Does anybody know if I can choose the hardest difficulty right from the beginning?

I dont think u can but Im not sure.

movie_idiocracy01.jpg

Some terrible quality Payne Killer MP vid : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUqT53MYJPw

MMaRsu

Ok guys I have found like a shitload of Max Payne 3 HQ SP vids... is there somebody who doesnt care much about spoilers to gif some of the actions in the first three parts? Or just some random action shots?

PM me for the link.. Just be sure you're no R* ninja lol.

Kud Dukan

Well I'm going to start playing through the first two games tonight I think. Finally got Max Payne to a point where it wouldn't crash when I launched it, and the sound fix seems to be working, so I'm good to go I think.

cackhyena

Ok guys I have found like a shitload of Max Payne 3 HQ SP vids... is there somebody who doesnt care much about spoilers to gif some of the actions in the first three parts? Or just some random action shots?

Hit me up, bro.

GQman2121

Banned
They have this in stock at my import store right now. I'm going to stick with my New Year's resolution and wait though. I have too many games to finish. Looking great though.

Digishine

Banned

awww :(

MMaRsu

Not to mention the way the words floating in cutscenes capitalizing what they are saying is really stupid. Either should have done no words or all words. It doesnt feel like a comic book cutscene now it just looks disjointed.

S1kkZ

Not to mention the way the words floating in cutscenes capitalizing what they are saying is really stupid. Either should have done no words or all words. It doesnt feel like a comic book cutscene now it just looks disjointed.

i think they took this from "man under fire". it seems like they took a lot of (visual) inspiration from that film.

i really hope the framerate in the game is better than in the youtube videos. its pretty bad there.

Just installed the game to my HD. Will report back with any info. Hopefully this speeds up some of the load times, cause some of them are long.

why dont they just advance the launch date and thats about it. PC version too (onecanwish). No problem of going on sale the same day as diablo 3... if it's days prior >:3

Digishine

Banned
Why is it necessary to delete all videos like this, even if they come from legit copies I might ask? :)

I didn't do nothing Just said it was dead as I wanted to download.

and the awww is for it was single player and I don't want to spoil the story for me.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
To think I have to wait to play this until June is freaking killing me. JESUS.

LuchaShaq

Banned
First Rockstar game this gen I haven't bought Day 1.

Even if the multi is great I have no interest in it.

Replaying on hard/arcade isn't appealing either.

Still will definitely be grabbing it from redbox Wednesday.

Vire

The game is 12-15 hours, depending how much you die. And you will die a lot.

Right, but is it any good? The quality of the story is probably more important to me than the gunplay, but I'm looking forward to both.

I trust your opinion.

Mr.Fresh

Anyone know if the PS3 version has an install? And does this one have a previously on video like Max Payne 2 and the Yakuza series?

Top Bottom