• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

MercuryLS

Banned
I think I'm going to get the Xbox 360 version over PS3. I got burned on RDR, the differences in resolution, picture quality, framerate and world complexity was pretty big. It's a shame that we still can't blind buy PS3 version of many games without trepidation.

MMaRsu

Ok lol I've watched enough to know this game is gonna be fucking amazing, I'm not too worried about old Max Payne nods etc. If you want to know something very cool but it might be cool to learn this on your own :
You can watch TV, and there is an episode of Captain Baseballbat Boy playing
< this says enough for me and I wont need to watch anything else.

The gameplay looks amazing, and yes there are a few annoying things there like the Mann style flashes during gameplay that honestly serve no purpose but I guess it's to remind us that A : max is drunk and on painkillers or B: that we are playing a videogame :p.

I think I'm going to get the Xbox 360 version over PS3. I got burned on RDR, the differences in resolution, picture quality, framerate and world complexity was pretty big. It's a shame that we still can't blind buy PS3 version of many games without trepidation.

No joke. I have both systems and love them about equally but I have a lot more 360 games due simply to porting incompetence. In fact I only recently got a new 360 because of the Skyrim PS3 debacle. And Bayonetta.

Ended up not liking Skyrim very much though. Oh well, still plenty of great reasons to own a 360.

MMaRsu

Also I would have to say it sucks the story is in Brazil for the most part because I feel it's a missed opportunity for bad guy comments. I mean I can't understand what the enemy's are saying but I liked all the stuff they would say in previous games. Sure in the NY parts you'll still get that but I don't like Brazilians screaming all over the place that much.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Correction: Post Red Dead they have been amazing...

But yes, truly fantastic stuff.

No matter the negativity on GTA4, that game alone was a crafted (and technical) masterpiece, and even LA Noire had some revolutionary things going for it. Rockstar has been god tier this generation.

Vire

No matter the negativity on GTA4, that game alone was a crafted (and technical) masterpiece, and even LA Noire had some revolutionary things going for it. Rockstar has been god tier this generation.

GTAIV had a host of technical problems which were greatly improved and refined in Red Dead.

Can't wait to see how that tech works with GTAV...

I'm one of the few who actually rather enjoyed LA Noire. Don't hurt me GAF.

Awesome game so far. The PS3 version looks pretty good to me, if it's not 720 then it's close. I've noticed slowdown in cutscenes, but thankfully never during gameplay (so far). Can't wait to put more time into it later.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Redbox is only giving out 1 disc. The SP is covered in 2 discs on 360.

Single player, pretty cool bit, I have no idea how far in but it's not close to the beginning, no spoilers really.

...will it be separate rentals or you just can't get past the first disc? Lolwut.jpg

Guess gamefly it is or just suck it up and use the dualshock which I hate.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Awesome game so far. The PS3 version looks pretty good to me, if it's not 720 then it's close. I've noticed slowdown in cutscenes, but thankfully never during gameplay (so far). Can't wait to put more time into it later.

Awesome news on the PS3 version. Let us know if the performance keeps up. Is there an install?

...will it be separate rentals or you just can't get past the first disc? Lolwut.jpg

Guess gamefly it is or just suck it up and use the dualshock which I hate.
If you rent the 360 version you can only play disk one.

newsguy

Eew, that pro exhibition is like a huge Rockstar blowjob. "Oooh I can't wait to see how deep this game is." R better be paying MLG big bucks for this cause it oozes of a long ad.

ezekial45

Banned
Just curious to anyone who has played or seen enough footage of the game. Do nightmare sequences make a return? They were all very well done in past games. If you're gonna answer, just put ........ before and after your text in the spoiler tag.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just curious to anyone who has played or seen enough footage of the game. Do nightmare sequences make a return? They were all very well done in past games.
SPOILER TAG ANY ANSWER TO THIS POST

Same goes for anything about the return/absence of TV shows.

Fjordson

Just curious to anyone who has played or seen enough footage of the game. Do nightmare sequences make a return? They were all very well done in past games.
Fairly positive they aren't. Haven't seen anything to suggest it from the hours I've watched.

I could be alone on this, but I always thought those were kinda shitty to actually play, so I can't say I'll miss them much.

GeoramA

I see you playing, damn it. And here I am playing Dead Island like a sucker...

Thanks for the impressions, hopefully Rockstar gets it 100% right on PS3 for once.

mudkyp

I see you playing, damn it. And here I am playing Dead Island like a sucker...

Thanks for the impressions, hopefully Rockstar gets it 100% right on PS3 for once.

So I played all of Rockstar's games this generation on PS3 with no noticeable issues. Are their PS3 versions that bad or is it that they are bad if you've played the 360 version?

GeoramA

So I played all of Rockstar's games this generation on PS3 with no noticeable issues. Are their PS3 versions that bad or is it that they are bad if you've played the 360 version?
GTA IV and RDR were sub-hd on PS3, so they looked a little better on 360. Nothing huge, but I'd like some parity already from this company.

iMaWxKC7zSHQc.JPG
NeoGANG represent!

As for the graphics debate, I think it looks pretty damn good for a PS3 game. The antialiasing isn't exactly that great, but the resolution looks about right (I'm no pixel counter) and the textures are about what you'd expect for consoles. If you're a graphics whore then you should be buying the game on a PC anyway (which I will when it's released - damn staggered releases!).

Deadbeat

Banned
"Right now, no one is really challenging me right now because I think everyone understands I'm alpha, you know what I mean? Right off the bat."
This person would be the first to go if stranded in the wilderness.

So in regards to the mp customization, how much does light and heavy body armor reduce damage?

Top Bottom