• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 |OT| Funny as hell, we couldn't decide on a sub-title

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
NeoGANG represent!

As for the graphics debate, I think it looks pretty damn good for a PS3 game. The antialiasing isn't exactly that great, but the resolution looks about right (I'm no pixel counter) and the textures are about what you'd expect for consoles. If you're a graphics whore then you should be buying the game on a PC anyway.

Nice. Is the logo also huge on the back? That's what I want.

Lakitu

st5fu
"Right now, no one is really challenging me right now because I think everyone understands I'm alpha, you know what I mean? Right off the bat."

yeahno.gif

Where do they find these dickheads? :/

Is that Peter Dinklage? Where's that from?

Just graphically compared to the singleplayer. I don't have any beef with the gameplay of it.

*Shrug*

I can't place my finger on what exactly is different, but it just looks off.

Well there's always going to be a drop off when the game has to render up to 16 fully customizable characters, weapons, custom emblems on clothing, map lighting, particles, + all the animation + bullet time mechanics, etc. etc.

Yeah the MLG players can be pretty cringe-worthy I agree. Haha. The multiplayer footage looked pretty cool though, and I'll definitely watch on Monday so I can see how the multiplayer looks when someone actually good is behind the controller.

rdrr gnr

I haven't been able to pull the trigger -- yet. The last time I bought into GAF-hype, I ended up purchasing L.A. Noire.

The single-player length guesses seem all over the place; 7 - 12 is a pretty wide range. Some are saying up to 15?

Salsa

you know all things considered itll still feel super weird to pour 60 bucks on a game day one. Specially on Steam. Havent done that in like.. ever

it makes me doubt a bit, even with all my hype. Atleast in the way that i might wait a day to see some pc specific impressions, rockstar deserves as much

aegies

I haven't been able to pull the trigger -- yet. The last time I bought into GAF-hype, I ended up purchasing L.A. Noire.

The single-player length guesses seem all over the place; 7 - 12 is a pretty wide range. Some are saying up to 15?

I'm not guessing. It's 12-15. I'd guess it took me about 12-13. I generally finish campaigns pretty quickly, especially for review.

Nice. Is the logo also huge on the back? That's what I want.

Nope. :( It's just the emblem on the front of the Crew Jacket. It also shows up on the front of light body armor, and on the back of medium and heavy body armors. However, the emblems on the back are pretty small.
Those are the only pieces I've seen it on so far, but there's quite a lot of stuff to unlock so who knows what other Crew items are available.

Anyway, I've yet to get a MP game going on the PS3. :( Forces me to create a session and wait for no one. Dammit. Oh well, guess it's SP only until release day! lol

pre-order?

Cancelled

As far as I can tell, it's never just for the sake of it like all the visual effects in Kane & Lynch 2. I've noticed it coincides with dialogue or an event of some such. I've never seen it happen when you're firing. Not yet, at least.

Fjordson

Haha, oh man. If anyone is desperate for entertainment, check out the comments for that video. A bunch of raging about multiplayer games being played with a controller, a few people commenting back at them, and now it's a blood bath :lol

"Rockstar Games is a cancer that is killing gaming"

Lmao. Ice cold.

Those flashes really don't appear much/if at all during gameplay. When you take painkillers it does. There have been instances where I've seen it happen during gameplay, but it wasn't when there was any action going on.

Salsa

i finished alan wake in 15 hours and someone compared it to that in terms of lenght

what about difficulty, worth it to go for the hardest one at once

Synless

So I played all of Rockstar's games this generation on PS3 with no noticeable issues. Are their PS3 versions that bad or is it that they are bad if you've played the 360 version?

Read this: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-red-dead-redemption-face-off

Specifically look at the picture comparisons.

Than this:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/grand-theft-auto-iv-ps3-vs-xbox-360-special-article

Now, if you have both systems this runs off the Rage engine, the same engine those two games ran off. I would go 360, or wait and see if they are really close.

Vire

Shit just got real folks! Haha
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com...irst-days-of-crews-at-the-new-rockstar-s.html

NeoGANG represent and proof that yes *R are watching us like a hawk.

Haha that's fantastic.

Well there's always going to be a drop off when the game has to render up to 16 fully customizable characters, weapons, custom emblems on clothing, map lighting, particles, + all the animation + bullet time mechanics, etc. etc.

Yeah, I understand. It's just that the singleplayer looks so good.

Anywho, I'm sure it'll be a nice little timesink especially now that I got a posse to roll with.

Pranay

Hall of shame

User Name Posts
JumpingTheGun 177
NotTheGuyYouKill 80
Simo 77
Fjordson 73
Pranay_ 65

jumpingthegun really helping out everyone ;p

Fjordson

Hall of shame

User Name Posts
JumpingTheGun 177
NotTheGuyYouKill 80
Simo 77
Fjordson 73
Pranay_ 65

jumpingthegun really helping out everyone ;p
Haha, figured I'd be high up. This and the Diablo III OT are like the only topics I've been reading this week.

Sweet, more people must be getting the game because I was finally able to join a game. It was a simple match of DM but I won. Not a fan of shotguns in MP, though - I found handguns to be more useful in that one round. In any case, I'll be holding down the NeoGANG fort til the rest of you join me.

EDIT: Oh, and the winning shot of me aiming down the sight at the camera with the NeoGAF logo in full view was a thing of beauty.

Simo

actually we are also the official Crew for GTA 5 right ?

Yep and any other Rockstar game that comes out with multiplayer, like say Agent.

Also MMaRsu minor little non-story spoiler about a nod to past games is fucking awesome.

I was talking to my buddies today about plans for Monday night when one of them brought up Diablo releasing too and how it took him an hour and a half after midnight to get out of there with Skyrim and doesn't even want to think about what it would be like for Diablo. Totally forgot about this so I'm thinking we may have to be there actually at 10pm instead of rolling in close to midnight...=/

Looks like there's more DLC in addition to the ones outlined previously for the Rockstar Pass. In the in-game PS Store (which came back with an error less than an hour ago - must have just gone up), there's mention of a "Gorilla Warfare Pack", with a picture of a dude going akimbo handguns while wearing a Gorilla mask. lol

Amir0x

Banned
look man i hope you guys are right i'm just sayin'.

but yeah it definitely will be multiplat if it ever comes out

which it won't

but if it did!

Fjordson

Looks like there's more DLC in addition to the ones outlined previously for the Rockstar Pass. In the in-game PS Store (which came back with an error less than an hour ago - must have just gone up), there's mention of a "Gorilla Warfare Pack", with a picture of a dude going akimbo handguns while wearing a Gorilla mask. lol
Really? Damn. If I like the multiplayer, I might actually buy the season pass. Sounds like they're going to support it heavily.

Really? Damn. If I like the multiplayer, I might actually buy the season pass. Sounds like they're going to support it heavily.

It seems like the stuff they previously outlined was the meaty content (maps, etc.), but there's going to be some cosmetic stuff as well (Gorilla Warfare Pack - gorilla masks). I'll probably pick it up as well because it seems like a lot of extra shit, but for PC.

zychi

Banned
You must not of played any multiplayer. Sometimes it takes me over a minute just to load the menu. Also, was talking about the main menu.
besides not having gold, i avoid multiplayer before the street date, my first xbox account got banned for playing halo 3 two days early. My second got banned for a black ops le bs problem with "free maps."

Basically i dont play xbox online anymore, let alone buy many xbox games now. All pc since my ps3 died. Saw max at kmart, figured
Id buy it, beat it, sell it, and rebuy on pc during a steam sale. :)

Wondering if I should go ahead and order it for PS3... I know performance will probably be worse, but weren't people saying the difference didn't look as bad for this game as previous Rockstar games? Can anyone with the game for PS3 already say how it looks? Plus, my other Rockstar games are all on PS3 and I like that it's only one disc.

Top Bottom