• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max: The Curse of Brotherhood |OT| No purple markers

sangreal

Um no. It starts the download once you have turned the 360 on since it will already be in your download list but it doesn't wake up the 360 from standby to initiate the download.

Neither the PS3 nor the 360 had this feature. Only the PS4 has for now.

Yes, if the 360 was on it would start the download. XB1 is always on and even if it weren't, it does not start the download automatically when the XB1 is on so it is an old 360 feature that is missing.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Ya, didn't think about the dying parts. Probably not the best then.

You might want to watch some peoples videos. The deaths, at least so far, are not graphic in any way and he restarts from the last checkpoint right away so I don't know that it's traumatic.

Lima

Yes, if the 360 was on it would start the download. XB1 is always on and even if it weren't, it does not start the download automatically when the XB1 is on so it is an old 360 feature that is missing.

Gotcha. As explained on the last page I meant something different.

I had no idea this existed. Is this a sequel?

They call it a "re-imagining of the original idea behind the previous title, rather than an actual sequel". via Major Nelson's blog in an interview with the developers.

I guess I'm just curious why they chose to stealth release it, when they gave it a great spotlight during their E3 conference. I hope they promote it on the main dash at least.

Reviewers are doing a good job spreading the word though!

They call it a "re-imagining of the original idea behind the previous title, rather than an actual sequel". via Major Nelson's blog in an interview with the developers.

I guess I'm just curious why they chose to stealth release it, when they gave it a great spotlight during their E3 conference. I hope they promote it on the main dash at least.

Reviewers are doing a good job spreading the word though!

Probably just wanted to get it out during the holidays and didnt want to hurt the release of spartan ops, i would guess.

They are already failing in this sense imo...a stealth release from a game at one of their own studios isn't the best way to market a game. They should have announced it sometime earlier this month like they did with Halo: SA. Not sure why they didn't try and generate at least a little bit of hype pre-release.

It's not like its going to get lost in a deluge of Xbox One releases or anything.

Caayn

Wasn't planning to buy digital games for my One, but the game looks so appealing that I wanna buy this.I live in the Netherlands, is it possible to DL this to my Xbox One? I own Paypal and my region is set on England. Any help would be appreciated :)
I don't think there's any option to add a paypal account to your gamertag on the Xbox One. At least it never gave me the option to pay with paypal, and under payment&billing it doesn't give me the option to add a paypal account.
I use a CC myself.

If you've got a paypal account tied to your gamertag on the 360 it will carry over but only for the region your account had on the 360. So that won't help much.

Alternatively you can buy a pre-paid card from the region that your console is set to. Also I advise you to switch to the US marketplace it is way cheaper than every other marketplace with difference of up to 50% in price.

sangreal

Question to those who have played most of the game. Is it something you think a 2 or 3 year old would enjoy watching?

i.e. are there any "scary" scenes or monsters that might freak them out?

My kid loves Toy Story and most of the pixar movies, so "scary" scenes like that he is ok with.

the game is obviously very kid-friendly, though for a 2-3 year old I don't know if they'd get scared by the troll chases (boss scenes)

I don't have kids, so I have no idea but those are the only sequences I think could be classified as "scary" in that there is imminent danger

ahartig

You might want to watch some peoples videos. The deaths, at least so far, are not graphic in any way and he restarts from the last checkpoint right away so I don't know that it's traumatic.

I'll give it a whirl one of these night and see if it passes the wife approved test.....

Gowans

I don't think there's any option to add a paypal account to your gamertag on the Xbox One. At least it never gave me the option to pay with paypal, and under payment&billing it doesn't give me the option to add a paypal account.
I use a CC myself.

If you've got a paypal account tied to your gamertag on the 360 it will carry over but only for the region your account had on the 360. So that won't help much.

Alternatively you can buy a pre-paid card from the region that your console is set to.
I use PayPal, it's an option on store.xbox.com

ahartig

the game is obviously very kid-friendly, though for a 2-3 year old I don't know if they'd get scared by the troll chases (boss scenes)

From the video I have scene it doesn't seem that bad, my kid loves monsters inc and LOVES the nightmare before christmas, he thinks the skeleton Jack is the best thing since sliced bread. He was also a "scary" keleton (skeleton) for halloween.

So is this game about 5-6 hours long?

Also, out of curiosity, what does it take to become an actual GAF "member" and not a "junior member". I know my actual registration to the site took a good 4-6 months.....

sangreal

I use a CC myself.

Alternatively you can buy a pre-paid card from the region that your console is set to. Also I advise you to switch to the US marketplace it is way cheaper than the every other marketplace with difference of up to 50% in price.

you can add paypal at billing.microsoft.com

the game is available on UK marketplace btw

I use a CC myself.

Alternatively you can buy a pre-paid card from the region that your console is set to. Also I advise you to switch to the US marketplace it is way cheaper than every other marketplace with difference of up to 50% in price.

Thanks! So if I use my CC it'll all work fine ( although I'm from the Netherlands )?

Caayn

Thanks! So if I use my CC it'll all work fine ( although I'm from the Netherlands )?
Yes, just enter a fake billing address from the country that your One is set to. Don't worry I'm from The Netherlands to and have been using my Dutch credit card since launch on the US store via this trick ;) And apparently paypal is an option, didn't know that sorry for that misinformation from my side.

No it will not work. Check out this video how to buy games from the US Store.

http://youtu.be/AMSlx1olGOg
Yes you can. I've been using my dutch credit card since launch. Without any problems. John Caboose even made a guide on how to use a credit card in a foreign marketplace.

Yes, just enter a fake billing address from the country that your One is set to. Don't worry I'm from The Netherlands to and have been using my Dutch credit card since launch on the US store via this trick ;) And apparently paypal is an option, didn't know that sorry for that misinformation from my side.

Yes you can. I've been using my dutch credit card since launch. Without any problems.

Thanks for helping me out Caayn! Wasn't aware of the replys of Sangreal and Gowans but will look into this asap. I'd rather use Paypal instead of my CC so it's nice to have that option :)

Rey

Yes you can. I've been using my dutch credit card since launch. Without any problems.

Ok. I thought that the creditcard was supposed to be from the US to be able to buy from that region.

Caayn

Going of the collectibles I'm about halfway through and if I may believe the timer on the achievement page I've played it for 3+ hours so far.

So looks like 6~7 hour for a playthough.

Really enjoying it - though seems a little on the easy side so far. Cutscene stutter is really off putting though and can't see how it got by QA like that.

sangreal

Just finished my first playthrough

EI6YGVq.jpg
Clearly not my finest performance. Thank god there is no loading between deaths

Caayn

Just finished my first playthrough

Clearly not my finest performance. Thank god there is no loading between deaths
328 deaths O_O Pretty fun statistic for a game were you would not expect it. Can you tell us how many chapters there are in total?

Caayn

Just created a small compilation showing of some of the game element. Don't expect to much I'm not great at editing videos and deciding what to show of. But I thought that these pieces give a good impression on the game.

From 1:20 it's basically my first time trying to solve a puzzle. You can see me failing for 2 minutes orso before I finally figure it out.

Keep in mind that GameDVR butchers the quality.
Video #1
Video #2

Lima

So the final boss is one if the most frustrating boss battles I've ever played.

Dude.

Like dude.

Ugh I had to do that many times to get the achievement for beating him without dying.

1000/1000 done. Great game. Played this for like 12 hours straight today with only a few bathroom breaks.

Spades

Dude.

Like dude.

Ugh I had to do that many times to get the achievement for beating him without dying.

1000/1000 done. Great game. Played this for like 12 hours straight today with only a few bathroom breaks.

Any tips on beating him? I'm about to rage.

Spades

Seriously, the last boss is so bad, it's ruined the game for me.
It feels so out of place. What a shame that my last memory of this game will be this utter shit and not the great level design that came before it.

Lima

Any tips on beating him? I'm about to rage.

Last boss spoiler

Are you at the part where he punches the shit out of the ground? If so you just need to evade the punches 3 times and shoot some fireballs on him once he tries to puke that green stuff on you.

After one hit from each side he will fall down and you have to attach the electric vines to his head.

Spades

Are you at the part where he punches the shit out of the ground? If so you just need to evade the punches 3 times and shoot some fireballs on him once he tries to puke that green stuff on you.

After one hit from each side he will fall down and you have to attach the electric vines to his head.

Just beat him, thanks.
Terrible, terrible design.

Top Bottom