• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |BO-T| It's hard for a post to become a thread

strobogo

Banned
Things Bray needs to do:

Get as far away from Cena as possible
Get more than one old timey nursery rhyme song to sing so shit isn't completely run into the ground in typical WWE fashion

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
People don't like Wyatt promos now?

I've never liked them. The character is a mix of the Joker and Mankind. Problem is, because the WWE is so PG, this has no teeth to it. He isn't scary, or weird, just rambling to me. He isn't great in the ring either, just average from all of the matches I've seen.

Being paired with Cena hasn't helped at all either.

GQman2121

Banned
The Wyatts / Cena have jumped the shark. Someone mentioned WCW last night which is an astute callback. The shit is just stupid.

Showaddy

Man, you guys would have hated it back in the attitude era or previously. You guys can't stand feuds that last longer than a month now.

Wyatt/Cena is fine. They just need to stop with this "whole world" sing along.

It's really not fine with the way Cena's shitting all over them in and out of the ring. He's not going to put Bray over clean so better to kill it now before any more damage is done.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing. John Cena was getting heat in 2005 as a babyface, and they continue to keep him as a babyface in 2014.

The worst part? It's not like he's a Bret Hart or Stone Cold face. He's a fucking Bob Backlund face. Goofball shithead who's so incompetent at his job and so paranoid at his spot that he cannot let anyone else even start to get momentum for fear that their merch might outsell him.

Imagine if Hogan had Warrior heel turn within the first year because he was getting too over like Cena did with Ryback
Man, you guys would have hated it back in the attitude era or previously. You guys can't stand feuds that last longer than a month now.

Most Attitude Era 'feuds' were shit outside of McMahon/Austin. Does anyone seriously fondly remember Triple H/Rock? No.

The argument I never get is when people say 'oh, old school fans would appreciate these longer feuds.' No, because old school wrestling didn't have fucking three shows a week touching on the same feud AND a PPV that doesn't even blow off the feud.

slit

Forget Attitude era, people that complain Cena never loses would have blew their brains out during Hogan's heyday.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I liked him being thrown off the stage in a wheelchair, yes.
Hcv1m.gif
the best

C.Dark.DN

Banned
The whole world sing along is just being overused at all the wrong times. It was pretty hype in the middle of the WM match. But not after gimped promos.

strobogo

Banned

I don't think that's the case, but the longer Bray is with Cena, the more really stupid shit is going to happen and the worse he's going to look. Bray has quickly gone from legit creepy to full on Wrestlecrap in the 2 months with Cena, and it is only going to get worse as long as the feud goes. Which will no doubt end in Cena vanquishing the demon(s) and Bray being sent to the mid card. An actual feud with Cena has been death for everyone except Punk since 2007.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It's amazing. John Cena was getting heat in 2005 as a babyface, and they continue to keep him as a babyface in 2014.

The worst part? It's not like he's a Bret Hart or Stone Cold face. He's a fucking Bob Backlund face. Goofball shithead who's so incompetent at his job and so paranoid at his spot that he cannot let anyone else even start to get momentum for fear that their merch might outsell him.

Imagine if Hogan had Warrior heel turn within the first year because he was getting too over like Cena did with Ryback

But Backlund turned heel , you plebeian

The term "burial" gets thrown around alot in these threads, but that period where he was involved with Cena, Kane, and Eve was probably the best example of an on-screen burial anyone has ever seen.

Cena stole his woman and Kane kicked his ass consistently for 2 months. I'd say that's a burial if I've ever seen one.

Top Bottom