• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Where the fuck was Eddie keeping this chair?!

giphy.gif

ElRenoRaven

You know. I'm listening to the Eric Bischoff podcast episode with Al Lenhart who owns WrestleCircus. Gotta say Bischoff is right on about the indie scene. Find myself nodding in agreement a ton.

You know. I'm listening to the Eric Bischoff podcast episode with Al Lenhart who owns WrestleCircus. Gotta say Bischoff is right on about the indie scene. Find myself nodding in agreement a ton.

I listened to it. He was kind to Al overall. Al and Lexi have the benefit of being in business for several years before starting wrestlecircus and it shows.

Holy shit, a friend of mine from America sent me Pallbearer's Heartless double LP as a surprise present. What a fucking legend.

I'm feeling feelings in my heart.

ElRenoRaven

I listened to it. He was kind to Al overall. Al and Lexi have the benefit of being in business for several years before starting wrestlecircus and it shows.

Yup. I actually just got up to the interview. Bischoff talking about indies and how they're at the point that the music industry was is on point. Same with his point about the Logos and tshirts etc and how some of this stuff has a chance to really transcend wrestling. But yea Al And Lexi were smart. They didn't just go oh gee we like wrestling so lets jump in. Having a business based background helps a ton if you're gonna get something like that off the ground.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Did you guys know that Suda51 wrote the story for a SNES Fire Pro Game in which Rick Flair murders your coach, murders your tag team partner, then after you beat him and win the championship, you're so dejected over everything you lost to get there that your character commits suicide?

Cause he did and it's fucked up.

Yup. I actually just got up to the interview. Bischoff talking about indies and how they're at the point that the music industry was is on point. Same with his point about the Logos and tshirts etc and how some of this stuff has a chance to really transcend wrestling. But yea Al And Lexi were smart. They didn't just go oh gee we like wrestling so lets jump in. Having a business based background helps a ton if you're gonna get something like that off the ground.

Yes, and a vision. So the vision is my concern , right?

Like, we are way past the point where, here stateside at least, many feel WWE is the destination. It isn't and it shouldn't be. But that requires these gals and girls to take risks, stay the course and help be a part of what wrestling is at large which I think Eric did a great job of trying to nail.

The question is what's next? Eventually money is going to give and many are going to take Vince's paycheck . Al needs to figure out what the next step is and it simply cannot be "hey here's this superstar known from promotion x y or z".

So I don't know what Al does next. We have, I think, two schools here in Austin. Something needs to be done to get these institutes to work side by side not just here in town but all over.

But yes, it's a slow process because if you don't have the business sbackground, shit resorts to territorial "I made you! " bullshit.

If Al and Lexi can simply build a platform to launch home bred talent and not expect anything in return, the dividends pay off much later.

But first, they should curb the length of a show that has no snacks to offer XD

Zach

Did you guys know that Suda51 wrote the story for a SNES Fire Pro Game in which Rick Flair murders your coach, murders your tag team partner, then after you beat him and win the championship, you're so dejected over everything you lost to get there that your character commits suicide?

I want a good, fun wrassle game with an outrageous, dark story mode. v_v

Yup XD

Man I miss those wacky storylines of the old SD vs Raw games... Showcases were fun but those made for the game storylines were even better and now even Showcases are gone lol.

ElRenoRaven

Yes, and a vision. So the vision is my concern , right?

Like, we are way past the point where, here stateside at least, many feel WWE is the destination. It isn't and it shouldn't be. But that requires these gals and girls to take risks, stay the course and help be a part of what wrestling is at large which I think Eric did a great job of trying to nail.

The question is what's next? Eventually money is going to give and many are going to take Vince's paycheck . Al needs to figure out what the next step is and it simply cannot be "hey here's this superstar known from promotion x y or z".

So I don't know what Al does next. We have, I think, two schools here in Austin. Something needs to be done to get these institutes to work side by side not just here in town but all over.

But yes, it's a slow process because if you don't have the business sbackground, shit resorts to territorial "I made you! " bullshit.

If Al and Lexi can simply build a platform to launch home bred talent and not expect anything in return, the dividends pay off much later.

But first, they should curb the length of a show that has no snacks to offer XD

Vision wise I think they've got a decent one. I really don't think they're aiming to be the largest out there. Nothing wrong with that either.

I think they'll figure it out. The snacks problem is more the venue. I heard Emo's was better in that regard for the SXSW show. I figure that at some point they're gonna have to find a bigger venue. They're starting to regularly sell out. When they do I see the snacks issue being solved with that. I know Al mentioned on twitter though that they're working on ideas to solve said snack issue though.

When it comes to the shows I'm ok with the length personally as long as it's as good as their cards are. I'd rather a show run longer then run short. I know I'm not the norm though. I do think that over time they will get the length right though. It's gonna take time. That's the big thing we forget. They've not even been around a year. So to come as far as they have in such a short time is pretty amazing.

Vision wise I think they've got a decent one. I really don't think they're aiming to be the largest out there. Nothing wrong with that either.

I think they'll figure it out. The snacks problem is more the venue. I heard Emo's was better in that regard for the SXSW show. I figure that at some point they're gonna have to find a bigger venue. They're starting to regularly sell out. When they do I see the snacks issue being solved with that. I know Al mentioned on twitter though that they're working on ideas to solve said snack issue though.

When it comes to the shows I'm ok with the length personally as long as it's as good as their cards are. I'd rather a show run longer then run short. I know I'm not the norm though. I do think that over time they will get the length right though. It's gonna take time. That's the big thing we forget. They've not even been around a year. So to come as far as they have in such a short time is pretty amazing.

I was mostly joking about the snacks. The outcry on Twitter was something.

ElRenoRaven

I was mostly joking about the snacks. The outcry on Twitter was something.

I know. I was shocked at the couple folks just getting so angry about that. I don't go to a wrestling show for snacks. If anything I might buy a drink but that's it because I don't wanna miss any of the action and the more you drink or eat the bigger the chance you have to go to the restroom is.

Top Bottom