• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Heroman

Banned
He's not as big as Okada or Naito, but he can be a very important part of the company. I still say the one thing that's holding Omega back in NJPW is that he's not speaking Japanese. For all the talk about NJPW being more global, they're still a Japanese company so why not have the one foreigner who can speak and connect with the Japanese audience speak Japanese. Especially if they're planning on putting the IWGP Heavyweight belt on him.
Speaking Japanese never held Hogan or hansen back. They just want good wreslters.

Zach

Man, how good is the end of "Half Measures"?

post-10402-walter-white-RUN-gif-breaking-Q6G7.gif

So their plan is to release the entire tournament except for the finals at once but have the finals be live...

That sounds incredibly dumb compared to just doing a weekly episode leading up to the finals.

Ehh, they might as well experiment with different ways of putting stuff out, see how a Netflix binge model works for them. That was the rumor for the UK show, that they were going to release like blocks of 4 at a time or something

Menome

I've been calling you Crandall.

Easy mistake to make. All forgiven.

I still have a fear of men with long grey hair dressed from head to toe in blue denim to this day....

I too fear Status Quo.

But worry not, this isn't my first watch-through, so I'm prepared. Well, aside from Laura's scream in the final episode probably still being fucking terrifying.

Oh my, I won't be able to say that's the final episode soon.

Zach

Hey, wait. I remember this guy. It's Alex RAAAGE Riley Reilly O'Reilly, whatever. He's The Miz's apprentice or something in 2010. Heh.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Speaking Japanese never held Hogan or hansen back. They just want good wreslters.

Promo ability is a definite plus in NJPW, especially these days. It's not the most important thing like in WWE, but it can really help. People popped HUGE when Kenny was speaking Japanese at the G1. I'm sure he'd have a lot more people behind him if the audience knew what he was talking about.

He's not as big as Okada or Naito, but he can be a very important part of the company. I still say the one thing that's holding Omega back in NJPW is that he's not speaking Japanese. For all the talk about NJPW being more global, they're still a Japanese company so why not have the one foreigner who can speak and connect with the Japanese audience speak Japanese. Especially if they're planning on putting the IWGP Heavyweight belt on him.

Wouldn't him speaking Japanese go against the Bullet Club angle?

RBH

BirdieJoeAnnouncement2--2548b7e736e99bfc08cb10f20e75e9fd.jpg

Brie Bella and Daniel Bryan welcomed daughter Birdie Joe Danielson to the world on Tuesday, May 9th at 11:58 p.m. The healthy baby girl came into the world at 8 pounds, 10 ounces and 21 inches.

"There is no better feeling in the world than meeting your daughter," a jubilant Brie said. ”I can't even express the overwhelming joy and love that Bryan and I are feeling. Now we know what parents mean about the love you feel when you first meet your child. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers on the safety of Birdie coming into this world."
https://twitter.com/wwe/status/862427762283433984

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
The guys running VGCW got Justin Roberts for their final episode to close out the series:

http://compete.kotaku.com/ex-wwe-announcer-emcees-video-game-wrestling-league-fin-1795105195

The VGCW hosted its finale show ”End Game X3" yesterday, a few months after announcing that its current showrunner would be stepping down. The grand finale match, the championship feud between Zabuz and Ganondorf, had been hyped up for some time. Due to a chance meeting at Wrestlemania, the VGCW staff managed to get in touch with former ring announcer Roberts and set up an entrance worthy of the video game wrestling league's final moments.

A post from VGCW's Discord server went into detail on how a member of its production staff set it up with Roberts.

Initially, he thought I wanted him to record something on my phone (for zero charge too I think) but I later explained to him it was for VGCW, even explaining to him what the stream was and what not. Once he parsed my garbage talking into ”Oh you wanted something professional" he told me to get in contact with his manager if I wanted to pull this thing off. At the end of the encounter, I immediately messaged TOH this insane idea, he told Kryptik, and both were onboard.

Roberts even recorded a second take with ”arena effects," and he was commissioned using donated funds from fans accumulated throughout the league's run.

Though VGCW could theoretically return under a new director, End Wars X3 is the conclusion of an era for the community. What better way to send it off than by getting a famous ring announcer to say ”Ganondorf"?

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Wouldn't him speaking Japanese go against the Bullet Club angle?

Not really. Yujiro still cuts promos in Japanese from time to time. I think the problem is that if he starts cutting Japanese he's going to get cheered and BC are supposed heels. Then again Naito is heel and he still gets cheers and sells a ton of merch.

Jamie OD

What are the background checks for? To make sure they don't sign liberals or feminists?

Medical histories, contract statuses, social and online behaviour, stuff like that. If there is record of a person sending offensive tweets for example then they can kiss tgeir opportunity goodbye. WWE also wants to avoid getting caught with any contract tampering accusations. That's why they removed all evidence of Io Shirai in articles of their recent tryouts.

DJChuy

A WWE Smackdown house show just got announced for my city....on a Monday. Hopefully Nakamura shows up; his name wasn't listed in the press release, but Mojo was.

Top Bottom