• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Sephzilla

Despite everyone complaining about how hes boring and overpowered, I have read more quality Superman comics than any other super hero.

Kingdom Come too but thats such a different thing
I guess I like a little cheese over all the angst of Batman and X-Men

Like the best Superman stuff isnt about Superman being cool or badass. It's about how superheroes work in their reality. Its about how Superman deals with the population he defends and the almighty power he possess. Most heroes are about being cool and beating the villain. Superman is about being an alien in a strange place and dealing with the fact that hes basically a walking nuclear weapon who wants to do good. Which is why the Snyder movies suck so much ass and literally go in the opposite direction. That superman game on the 360 was shit but one of the most clever things I saw them do was they gave the city a health bar instead of Superman

Ja0ZQ.gif

Jay Lethal has to be one of the more likeable people in our industry. His conversation with Bubba Ray has me dying.

Jay is recounting how Bubba helped him learn how to sell his offense and make it look real. They had a program at IMPACT and during one of their matches, Bubba kept telling Jay to hit him hard. Jay remembers "accidentally" shoot punching Bubba twice. Fearing that Bubba was going to lose his mind and knock him out, Jay hears Bubba whisper:

"Atta boy. Atta boy!"

They both break out in laughter over the story.

Braun Strowman underwent surgery following the attack by Roman Reigns last Monday on Raw, WWE.com can now confirm.

Immediately after the assault on Strowman’s injured shoulder and elbow by the former WWE Champion, The Monster Among Men left Raw in an ambulance and was able to get back to the United States for an evaluation this past Wednesday. Following the medical consultation, Strowman underwent surgery on Thursday in Birmingham, Ala. with Dr. Jeffrey Dugas. During the procedure, it was revealed, among his other injuries, that Strowman's elbow had been shattered, and he is expected to miss up to six months of action as a result.

Oh fuck. Strowman's out six months.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/article/braun-strowman-undergoes-surgery?sf78971426=1&utm_source=Direct

Despite everyone complaining about how hes boring and overpowered, I have read more quality Superman comics than any other super hero.

Like the best Superman stuff isnt about Superman being cool or badass. It's about how superheroes work in their reality. Its about how Superman deals with the population he defends and the almighty power he possess. Most heroes are about being cool and beating the villain. Superman is about being an alien in a strange place and dealing with the fact that hes basically a walking nuclear weapon who wants to do good. Which is why the Snyder movies suck so much ass and literally go in the opposite direction. That superman game on the 360 was shit but one of the most clever things I saw them do was they gave the city a health bar instead of Superman

You're a good man Data

Could be a work. The initial reports were 4 to 8 weeks, so if that's accurate, he could come back as a "surprise".

If accurate, I feel bad for the guy though. Was clearly having a great run.
Well judging by the report it gives off a type of 'worse then we thought' vibe since it was said that it was during the surgery where they discovered the elbow was shattered.

Man, this is a pretty solid Scurll Bullet Club shirt

newjapan2066_1.png

They hated her for the show because she did her job as a heel. But she was one of the nicest people outside of her job. I hated that she never got the belt. Sable can kiss my ass.

I was speaking more to fans not liking her because she wasn't racey like sable or sunny. She was the "ugly heel".

Kaladin

Well judging by the report it gives off a type of 'worse then we thought' vibe since it was said that it was during the surgery where they discovered the elbow was shattered.

Probably not a good thing to run into an Ambulance door so hard you break it off with you elbow leading the way.

All-Star Superman is terrific, as is Alan Moore's For the Man Who Has Everything.
superman-for-the-man-who-has-everything-burn.jpg

I think the most important part of superman is that he's really very happy being clark kent and only becomes superman out of necessity. Kind of the opposite of batman.

A lot of writers don't get it and screw up the character. The 90's TV series (both Lois & Clark and Superman the Animated Series) did a very good job at portraying this. Especially the STAS episode "The Late Mr Kent" with this bit:

Jonathan Kent: It's not like he's really dead, Martha. He just can't be Clark anymore.

Superman: But I *am* Clark. I need to be Clark. I'd go crazy if I had to be Superman all the time.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Worst timing possible for Strowman

Hey, at least he now doesn't have to job to Lesnar to show how amazing Reigns is when he's coronated as champion for the millionth time at wrestlemania by "doing the impossible" and "slaying the beast incarnate"

BIG DOG

BIG DOG

BIG DOG

Menome

6 fucking months? Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

In WCW watch news, I'm coming up on Halloween Havoc 95. We've got a monster truck sumo match, a match on the roof of the arena, and someone they call "The Yetayyyyy" is going to hatch from a big plastic block of ice. The carny levels are off the fucking charts, I can't wait.

It's the best WCW PPV I've ever watched.

Man, this is a pretty solid Scurll Bullet Club shirt

newjapan2066_1.png

I was speaking more to fans not liking her because she wasn't racey like sable or sunny. She was the "ugly heel".
Oh. I see. Well, that's their problem. I loved how she and Ivory was like, fuck all of this bulllllshit, I'm not showing my body to you fans.

Top Bottom