• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Caderfix

all of this big dog and demon kang nonsense is just killing time until they reignite the true feud
Brock-Lesnar-Vs-Jeff-Hardy-AWl129.jpg

its like poetry(in motion)

I would die a happy man.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This WWE 24 thing is weird just because you see how different the backstage seems with the guys vs. years ago.

Guys I need help... I bought another WWE shirt yesterday... Couldn't resist Hot Topic had the original Suplex City Lesnar shirt

W09629.jpg

I have 18 now (plus a Mick Foley authentic Cactus Jack shirt from when I saw his comedy tour)

So that's the second straight really good 24 documentary that'll be fumbled.

With Seth it's because they couldn't help but keep him heel, because of Roman.

With Finn it's because they couldn't help but give injured underdog Roman his win back.

I'm sensing a pattern here.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Just came back from RAW. Amazing crowd. Roman was booed the hell out of building. Seth had a nice post raw promo with the crowd.
Also some really shitty results. Sasha was buried? Enzo got the biggest pop which was expected.

Amazing crowd? On TV they sounded like the deadest bunch of jabronies this side of the graveyard. Utterly killed any energy the show may have had.

Should I even ask what it was?

A lot of variations of "stupid idiot" mainly. I also heard attempts at "ECW" "No sell" (during the cruiserweight match), "Roman sucks", "Tommy Dreamer", etc.

I've heard reports of Chris Benoit chants being started but thankfully that wasn't around me. I did hear a lot of Derek Jeter chants during the CW match though.

A lot of variations of "stupid idiot" mainly. I also heard attempts at "ECW" "No sell" (during the cruiserweight match), "Roman sucks", "Tommy Dreamer", etc.

I've heard reports of Chris Benoit chants being started but thankfully that wasn't around me. I did hear a lot of Derek Jeter chants during the CW match though.
Not bad, I thought it would've been something stupid like the one time this one idiot tried to start a chant about Bayley.

Amazing crowd? On TV they sounded like the deadest bunch of jabronies this side of the graveyard. Utterly killed any energy the show may have had.

Wow are you serious? There were chants whole night long. Even during final match. Husky Harris chants, Let's go Husky chants etc.

Also did they show the Roman Reigns alt on TV? That guy was running around in crowd with full Roman attire and had a huge poster saying It's my yard now. It was hilarious. I couldn't take a pic though. He looked like him, almost like his stunt double lol.

Edit: Wyatt was cheered throughout. Not a single boo, even kids love him. Roman has lots of fans now though. When he won there was a decent amount of pop. But majorly he was booed. Joe also got cheered even when he attacked Rollins. Miz and Ambrose both were cheered. Ending of ic match got booed. Alexa Bliss is an awesome heel. Even I got pissed and booed her lol. She is too mean.

Also did they show the Roman Reigns alt on TV? That guy was running around in crowd with full Roman attire and had a huge poster saying It's my yard now. It was hilarious. I couldn't take a pic though. He looked like him, almost like his stunt double lol.

Edit: Wyatt was cheered throughout. Not a single boo, even kids love him. Roman has lots of fans now though. When he won there was a decent amount of pop. But majorly he was booed. Joe also got cheered even when he attacked Rollins. Miz and Ambrose both were cheered. Ending of ic match got booed. Alexa Bliss is an awesome heel. Even I got pissed and booed her lol. She is too mean.

Roman has fans everywhere though. I personally think the Roman hate is unwarranted. Everyone says it's because of his booking but people would still boo him in the mid-card.

Seth Rollins is like that guy who really wants to be your friend and thinks he totally is but you can't stand him, and you're just too nice to tell him to go away.

A grade A try hard.

Just getting caught up on Raw:

Bwhahahaha a Goldust heel turn :|... That people cheered

Anth0ny

Seth Rollins is like that guy who really wants to be your friend and thinks he totally is but you can't stand him, and you're just too nice to tell him to go away.

A grade A try hard.

Just getting caught up on Raw:

Bwhahahaha a Goldust heel turn :|... That people cheered

people cheer at character development these days

of fucking COURSE he's going to get cheered after being part of a house show exclusive tag team for like two years. he's actually doing something RELEVANT on the tv show. i'd cheer too!

people cheer at character development these days

of fucking COURSE he's going to get cheered after being part of a house show exclusive tag team for like two years. he's actually doing something RELEVANT on the tv show. i'd cheer too!

I know....

I mostly just laughed because my god who the fuck cares.... Why spend any time let alone what felt like 5 to 10 minutes on a breakup angle between a, as you called it, house show tag team. Is Goldust the next challenger for Dean Amrbose?

Side note: Micheal Cole is no more annoying than when he just rambles on throughout Bray's entire entrance.... It completely kills the entrance on TV

Bray vs Seth > Roman vs Balor

You can tell this week's plans completely changed from what they had planned last week. I mean how else do you explain Ambrose vs Miz being announced for ER changed to this week and then a rematch re-announced for ER. Clearly last week the plan was to end it this week and then they said fuck it let's do a 5 way and that freed up Miz/Ambrose to have a match at ER.

Wyatt as the I'll take anyone out tweener is pretty great. Between taking out Miz a few weeks ago and then Joe this this week. I like it, dude shouldn't work with anyone that isn't in his "family"... Wonder if we'll get another family... seems not

Raw was alright... It hurts not having Strowmanaround... Jericho/Owens too for that matter. I like Balor fine but he's clearly not going anywhere for a while other than maybe Suplex City...

Reigns came off really heelish this week, bitching about having to be in a 5 way and taunting Balor during their match. I'd have hopes that that meant it was going somewhere but I doubt it.

Browny

Banned
Did I read correctly...

Did Alicia hit a Northern Lights this week? If so, I may watch Raw.

I'm not going to watch Raw. Maybe that 2 seconds of Fox - Banks.

UberTag

I hope with so much good female talent going to WWE we get a lot of single womens matches instead of so many multi woman matches.
That would require the WWE's booking philosophy to change.
That shit ain't happening.

Perhaps if one of these female talents was built like Awesome Kong. The way they built up Kharma was she was the Brock Lesnar of the division who wouldn't team with anyone.

And then she broke down and cried.

That would require the WWE's booking philosophy to change.
That shit ain't happening.

Perhaps if one of these female talents was built like Awesome Kong. The way they built up Kharma was she was the Brock Lesnar of the division who wouldn't team with anyone.

And then she broke down and cried.

Like I said, I hope. Even if it is a stupid hope.

It will be shit to see Io Shirai and Kairi Hojo taken from Stardom just to put them in 4 way matches with Charlotte/Sasha/Bayley or whoever the fuck.

NJPWworld overhaul is done:

Search seems slightly easier, google translate is now happening in the background as a result of a global site option, so the toolbar is gone.

Nowhere near as good as actually having someone translate the site, but a bit better then before.

NJPWworld overhaul is done:

Search seems slightly easier, google translate is now happening in the background as a result of a global site option, so the toolbar is gone.

Nowhere near as good as actually having someone translate the site, but a bit better then before.

ROH Hammerstein Ballroom show is now region free on NJPW World it seems

Actually all of their Japan only stuff (ROH and CMLL) are now region free so I'm guessing in converting to the new site they forgot to geolock those videos so they might only be region free for now.

Never noticed that the further back you go the less complete shows NJPW World has... lots of shows are just one match only or the last few matches only... except the big Jan 4 shows... those are almost always (if not always) complete

That said the series list page is great if a bit basic. You get a list of every show in reverse chronological order that has at least one match on NJPW World. Click on show and you'll get a list of individual matches (ranging from 1 to the complete show)... most of the stuff from now until say 2015-2014 is complete with every match and most of the latest stuff (again till about 2015) has an option to watch the complete as one file. It makes finding a complete event pretty easy.

Their oldest dated match

Antonio Inoki & Seiji Sakaguchi vs Lou Thesz & Karl Gotch

Holy shit... Thesz and Gotch are on NJPW World

They also have Thesz vs Inoki one on one and Karl Gotch vs Fujiwara one on one...

I know what I'm doing when I have some free time

Striker

The only way the psychology of the Roman/Finn match makes sense is if you assume Roman is the face and Finn is the heel.

Which almost makes it even worse.
Same SuperCena stuff.

The Cena wins were so over the top. He even beat a red hot, undefeated Muhammad Hassan just because. I haven't seen all of Roman's stuff but his selling can't be as bad as Cena's.

So Io is unofficially officially signed after the rumor of that meeting not going "swimmingly" from her end? Not surprised, if WWE wants someone they have the money and resources to make it happen, I hope she gets paid.

Losing Kairi, Io and likely a bunch of outside talent that comes in to work for them is gonna suck... Mayu about to become a double champion, hope Stardom makes it.

Someone needs to retweet that article to big e just for a funny reaction.

http://m.tmz.com/2017/05/14/ariane-andrew-cameron-dating-black-guys-wwe/

Isn't she like half Korean or something? Is this common because I've had a couple friends over the years who were half black (one half white, the other Filipino) who also weren't interested in black men. I get preferences but it's shitty.

So Io is unofficially officially signed after the rumor of that meeting not going "swimmingly" from her end? Not surprised, if WWE wants someone they have the money and resources to make it happen, I hope she gets paid.

Losing Kairi, Io and likely a bunch of outside talent that comes in to work for them is gonna suck... Mayu about to become a double champion, hope Stardom makes it

I mentioned this earlier, but apparently Undertaker and Shawn were at the PC when Io was there in March, and they were telling people they were very impressed by her.

She's got a real bright future in that company if she's got those two vouching for her after a few days of basic work.

And considering Io was the first one to commit to WWE before Kairi back in the fall (before they both changed their minds the first time), I'm guessing the long drawn out process was just confliction on her end over whether or not to leave Japan.

If they don't do something with the Hardys soon I'm over them...

Unbroken Hardys are dull

Hardys beating any combination of Sheamus/Cesaro over and over again is dullllllllllll. They need to figure out a way to build this feud without having them just fight each other.

Hasney

If they don't do something with the Hardys soon I'm over them...

Unbroken Hardys are dull

Hardys beating any combination of Sheamus/Cesaro over and over again is dullllllllllll. They need to figure out a way to build this feud without having them just fight each other.

Should be on the program guide entry for RAM

Top Bottom