• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

DMczaf

These WWE 24 specials make the company and wrestlers feel like actual stars and a big deal...and then it's all thrown away once the TV writers and producers get their hands on them

Anth0ny

These WWE 24 specials make the company and wrestlers feel like actual stars and a big deal...and then it's all thrown away once the TV writers and producers get their hands on them

What you need to understand is TV is a Brand Vehicle that has a specific format to push our Brands forwards. We need to adhere to a specific format for that Vehicle to prosper here at WWE.

DMczaf

This should have been the logo for WM this year

http://shop.wwe.com/wrestlemania-33-junk-food-black-t-shirt/EE079.html?dwvar_EE079_color=Black

EE079.jpg

Pikma

Banned
What you need to understand is TV is a Brand Vehicle that has a specific format to push our Brands forwards. We need to adhere to a specific format for that Vehicle to prosper here at WWE.
This is spot on, WWE wants their brand to get over, they want people to pay a ticket to watch the WWE, not to watch any of the wrestlers, and the less over the performers are the less leverage they have to ask for more money or to go work somewhere else

This is spot on, WWE wants their brand to get over, they want people to pay a ticket to watch the WWE, not to watch any of the wrestlers, and the less over the performers are the less leverage they have to ask for more money or to go work somewhere else

Don't mistake malice for stupidity.

WWE would bend over backwards to have another Rock or a Conor McGregor. They just don't know how to do it anymore.

cordy

Banned
Jinder's the only reason this Orton storyline is interesting. Nobody's caring for Orton although he's always doing his thing, he's consistent. Jinder needs to be given full credit for keeping this shit on a roll. We don't care if Orton loses, we just wanna see if Jinder wins. He's a great character. I say if it doesn't work out then fuck it, take the US title off of Owens, give it to Jinder and put Owens and Styles in the mix with Orton.

cordy

Banned
I didn't realize how much Miz made SDLive. This shakeup was a huge mistake.

Ambrose and Miz carried the guys side while Alexa carried the women's. Yeah you had Becky and Styles too though. I've say these 5 were the ones who made the brand what it was. You take away 3 of the 5 then you've got Styles carrying the load on the guys side and Becky, well, for some reason she's playing backseat to these women she's better than. They can't do it themselves though. Notice how Miz and Ambrose are carrying Raw right now to a certain degree. Ambrose was the lynchpin weeks ago all through the show with the IC title thing, last week he and Miz were GM and were carrying the show and this week they had the best match with their IC title match. They took them to help Raw out.

Styles wasn't lying when he said "SD makes em and Raw takes em."

Jinder's the only reason this Orton storyline is interesting. Nobody's caring for Orton although he's always doing his thing, he's consistent. Jinder needs to be given full credit for keeping this shit on a roll. We don't care if Orton loses, we just wanna see if Jinder wins. He's a great character. I say if it doesn't work out then fuck it, take the US title off of Owens, give it to Jinder and put Owens and Styles in the mix with Orton.
100%. Everyone they are gung ho over, just shits the bed.

Cody announced he will be here in Austin in August at Wrestle Circus. I'll be there to see that one.

Good ideas.

I think there is merit to the thought that WWE are more focused on their brand than specifically promoting and building talent that is over. The product or event itself (like Mania) is the draw itself, over who is main eventing or how the build has been. Its safer for them as a business but is frustrating to see.

Depending on how the women's tournament turns out Im pretty close to not caring about WWE anymore. I'll just watch more AJPW and BJW and pay more attention to that stuff. Its too bad they have a lot of talent I want to see but I cant force myself to care.

ReiGun

I know the Usos vs Breezango is just a filler feud until New Day is ready, but I wish it could last at least till Money in the Bank. Both teams are doing great right now.

I didn't realize how much Miz made SDLive. This shakeup was a huge mistake.

Losing Miz and Ambrose kneecapped the hell out of the show.

Getting Jericho would have made up for that if he wasn't on tour. As is, it's going to take a while for the show to really find its footing again. Though, I think they've been doing a decent job thus far.

ultraviolent june is coming...

Savage Dragon ain't scared to bleed, son...

Also , i am in love with Maria Manic...she will be my manager when i go to GWF...

30524237986_12f3694fa0_b.jpg
The filth on the bottom of her wrestling boots bother me...
Always had a dislike for Ryan Smile the bloke does whatever he can to be noticed, desperate as fuck but him thinking his new 'black dives matter' t shirt is hilarious is just scummy

https://twitter.com/adsryansmile/status/864121234623279105

I'm pretty sure that one was a response to Randy "All Lives Matter" Orton.

I'm sure someone is making a "All Dives Matter" already.

Pikma

Banned
Metalik vs Dar was a good match

But

BUT

I don't fucking get how someone can see a Metalik match and say "yeah this guy is a jobber"

HHH is really stupid and even he could see talent in the guy.

Anth0ny

Metalik vs Dar was a good match

But

BUT

I don't fucking get how someone can see a Metalik match and say "yeah this guy is a jobber"

HHH is really stupid and even he could see talent in the guy.

but does he speak english pikma?

he's in the big leagues now. you can't get over if you can't speak english.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Meltzer is all concerned that Shirai is so small.

I'm pretty sure she can't physically be smaller than Nikki Cross who is doing great.

Adree

Farpoint is super awesome but after an hour I feel like someone put me inside a human sized dryer for a day. The controller gimmick is incredible though.

Who would take over as the news grump then? Wade Kellar?
Don't know and don't care. I want them all gone even though I don't mind he, Johnson, or Satin. Hell Satin is the most bearable because he only reports every do often. But the business would be better without the leaks.

Adree

Don't know and don't care. I want them all gone even though I don't mind he, Johnson, or Satin. Hell Satin is the most bearable because he only reports every do often. But the business would be better without the leaks.

I don't mind the leaks since I know by now that it doesn't matter what leaks out they will change it on the day of the show because McMahon. What really irritates me is when they try to predict how things should go when it never ever happens that way because also McMahon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Catching up on SD and I'm weirdly happy about Breezango v. Usos. Feels fresh.

Top Bottom