• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| May I Fancy You To A Nice Arse Whipping?

Raw64life

What?

Bayley's finisher is literally a Belly to Back suplex

Which is why it's also a dumb finishing move that's been criticized heavily since the day she started using it. It's an even worse finisher than a DDT. I never said anything to the contrary. But at least Bayley can do her finish from the top rope when necessary in a big match though. I certainly wouldn't trust Bliss to do a top rope DDT.

Name 5 other hug-performers on the roster. I'll even allow Bryan and Kane even though one's retired and one's going to be when he's a mayor May 19, 2018

It's still a basic move... I'm not even criticizing it.

It's a good finish for her when it's sold well.

My whole point was to reject the argument that a basic move (DDT or Belly to Belly Suplex) can't be a finish post women's revolution (which is a very odd argument to begin with... but unsurprising as the idea of the revolution is constantly invoked to try and argue that Bliss has no place being where she is and trying to lump her in with the "Divas" of the late 2000s)

Adree

Are you guys seriously arguing about a ddt that actually finishes matches?

K55M1qx.gif

Which is why it's also a dumb finishing move that's been criticized heavily since the day she started using it. It's an even worse finisher than a DDT. I never said anything to the contrary. But at least Bayley can do her finish from the top rope when necessary in a big match though. I certainly wouldn't trust Bliss to do a top rope DDT.

So two out of the 5 most successful women in the revolution have basic finishers. Another has a modified version of the figure four, another a crossface and the last one a a seated armbar.

Include Naomi and we got a hip attack and a whatever submission.

Not all of them are common moves but they aren't doing Styles Clashes or Diamond Cutters either

In a world where the overdrive was a recurring finisher, where the worlds strongest man performs a finishing move that was part of WWF No Mercy's weakest "a" button light grapples and where I've watched a decade of main events ending in Cena just kinda tossing a dude off his shoulders to a just about impactful enough landing I just don't really have any beef with a belly to belly finisher.
Ties into the actual characters hug gimmick, can be performed without much setup and also flung from top ropes for a super variation, seems solid to me.

jmdajr

If HHH was a video game, what would it be? Brutal Legend?

Brutal Legend was a great game. Shame it was an RTS in disguise, but I still loved it. Amazing this even got made. I mean, Lemmy even did voice acting for it, not to mention Ozzy and Rob Halford.

Hex

Banned
Paige's Ram-paige (ugh.. enough of the pun names WWE) was a better DDT than Bliss's.

And that's a shoot.

Didn't they straight out say that Bliss's capitalized on the turnbuckle hit moments before and multiple head shots that Bayley took?

Caderfix

Brutal Legend was a great game. Shame it was an RTS in disguise, but I still loved it. Amazing this game even got made. I mean, Lemmy even did voice acting for it, not to mention Ozzy and Rob Halford.

I agree with that, brother! I didn't mean it as something bad, the game's opera rock visuals actually reminds me of HHH.

jmdajr

Rayman Legends is a good game. Didn't even know it was 4 player co-op. Glad I found something me and the kid can enjoy together. As well as reluctantly, the wife.

I don't know who the Rayman Legends of wrestling is.

Caderfix

Kenny Omega is like Mother 3, it's apparently great but nobody that matters knows because it's not here

That's a solid post, imBask, very solid.

Rayman Legends is a good game. Didn't even know it was 4 player co-op. Glad I found something me and the kid can enjoy together. As well as reluctantly, the wife.

I don't know who the Rayman Legends of wrestling is.

Rey Mysterio. One of the very best and doesn't receive as much praise as it deserves.

Didn't they straight out say that Bliss's capitalized on the turnbuckle hit moments before and multiple head shots that Bayley took?

I hope you're not referring to Payback Hex, because if so you took a wrong turning friend - there's a thread for that over in OT.

Love you really

Top Bottom