• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

I've been wanting Kofi to turn heel for a long time and I'm glad that it's finally happening. Many people may not like his style but I've always been a fan.

Honestly, the entirety of New Day is talented and I am happy that they're getting time to shine.
Oh so now it's about what YOU want?

#blocked
Apparently Vincent Kennedy McMahon teaches, or taught, the promo classes at WWE.

I would love to sit in on one of those.

Here's the full list of announced names per Alverez. The only surprising name is Moose:

Chael, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Lance Hoyt, Davey Boy Smith Jr., former Chris Masters, PJ Black, MOOSE~!, Lei'D Tapa, Thea Trinidad.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm thinking of picking this up off of Amazon:

iDgn8gE.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's the full list of announced names per Alverez. The only surprising name is Moose:

Chael, Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Lance Hoyt, Davey Boy Smith Jr., former Chris Masters, PJ Black, MOOSE~!, Lei'D Tapa, Thea Trinidad.
Nice to see Hoyt and DBS Jr there. Do we know if Prince Nana is coming with Moose? If so that's a huge get. Prince Nana is money, and absolutely entertaining.

Apparently Big Show & HBK didn't like talent taking advantage of the free massages WWE used to provide and JTG made a big stink about it. This book is so damn hilarious.

Also WWE one year only paid talent for the work visa(s) for an international tour. As in the talent made zero profit from working the shows.

joelseph

I'm thinking of picking this up off of Amazon:

http://i.imgur.com/iDgn8gE.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I am going to pick it up as well. Missed it on KS originally.

Here is my boardgame collection if anyone wants to share theirs that would be cool

[url]https://boardgamegeek.com/user/joelseph[/url]

I am going to pick it up as well. Missed it on KS originally.

Here is my boardgame collection if anyone wants to share theirs that would be cool

https://boardgamegeek.com/user/joelseph

My wife wants us to get more board games, but I have no idea where to start. I picked up Cards Against Humanity for when friends came over, and that's a good laugh with a few drinks. No idea what board games they'd want to play though.

Most of our friends are girls, but they're cool about absurd things. I have a nerd friend too.

My wife wants us to get more board games, but I have no idea where to start. I picked up Cards Against Humanity for when friends came over, and that's a good laugh with a few drinks. No idea what board games they'd want to play though.

Most of our friends are girls, but they're cool about absurd things. I have a nerd friend too.

BETRAYAL AT HOUSE ON THE HILL

GET IT NOW

wwe_mn_pr_web.jpg

XiaNaphryz

Some decent lightweight games to start out with that I'd suggest:

Dixit
Saboteur
High Society
The Resistance: Avalon
Sushi Go!
Any of the Ticket to Ride games

Those are pretty simple to explain and can play pretty quickly once people get the hang of it.

RP912

Banned
I'm still waiting for Vince to say fuck it and create a WWE Land before he books in the upper room.

I would take the family to WWE Land.

joelseph

Party games are good intros into the hobby:

Wits and Wagers - numerical trivia game for people that suck at trivia. Always a good time with gamers and non gamers alike.

Snake Oil - A better CAH. This one is hit or miss with the wrong crowd. Works great for imaginative groups that are okay with acting silly. You act out commercials for made up products.

Coup - The next step up the party games ladder. This one is more for gamers but can be palatable with concentration. This is a great intro game to bluffing mechanics.

Resistance - More abstract than Coup, another bluffing game. With the right crowd this game and similar (Avalon, Werewolf, etc.) can be amazing.

If you keep going down the rabbit hole you get into gamey games for gamers that will have regular joe plumbers rolling their eyes and reaching for their smartphones.

Betrayal at House on the Hill is a good start to those gamey games. Excellent choice.

Some decent lightweight games to start out with that I'd suggest:

Dixit
Saboteur
High Society
The Resistance: Avalon
Sushi Go!
Any of the Ticket to Ride games

Those are pretty simple to explain and can play pretty quickly once people get the hang of it.

Party games are good intros into the hobby:

Wits and Wagers - numerical trivia game for people that suck at trivia. Always a good time with gamers and non gamers alike.

Snake Oil - A better CAH. This one is hit or miss with the wrong crowd. Works great for imaginative groups that are okay with acting silly. You act out commercials for made up products.

Coup - The next step up the party games ladder. This one is more for gamers but can be palatable with concentration. This is a great intro game to bluffing mechanics.

Resistance - More abstract than Coup, another bluffing game. With the right crowd this game and similar (Avalon, Werewolf, etc.) can be amazing.

If you keep going down the rabbit hole you get into gamey games for gamers that will have regular joe plumbers rolling their eyes and reaching for their smartphones.

Betrayal at House on the Hill is a good start to those gamey games. Excellent choice.

I've added Coup, Resistance and Pandemic to the list. I'll add Snake Oil too, as that seems like the right thing for our group of friends. We're all daft... daft still after a drink.

King of New York
Resistance: Avalon
Small World (I really liked it but it isn't for everyone)

Dixit is a super fun game. It is like a visual version of Cards Against Humanity.

I choose to believe that JTG remained in WWE's employ stealthily to dig up as much dirt as he could before they remembered he was there and gave him the ol' future endeavouring, he's got all the scoops now.

BETRAYAL AT HOUSE ON THE HILL

GET IT NOW
I've played this game like 6 times and I'm never the betrayer, I'm too face for this heel world.

I checked out Resistance: Avalon earlier, but I think the fantasy setting will instantly cause a few friends to switch off.
Well the standard version is vaguely sci fi if that helps, think it has less gimmick options.
Really the theme doesn't matter much, I just remember getting to be MERLIN in Avalon which was fun.

somedevil

Some stuff on Zayn:

There's still no official word on Sami Zayn's shoulder injury but PWInsider notes that WWE sources belief Zayn suffered some sort of rotator cuff injury, possibly a tear, on Monday at RAW. As noted, the injury came as Zayn was making his entrance for the match against John Cena.

I hope its not a tear.

XiaNaphryz

Yeah, it is a fun one as well. Tons of games and choices to go from. I'm still trying to make it to a friend's house so we can play Dead of Winter.

KissVibes

Banned
GFW really fucked up by not having any talent you haven't heard of. I know, you want draws but I can see these guys all over the place. If you want me to take notice of your hot new wrestling company, I want to see men and women I may have never heard of in my life.

I want to see some dude running the Indiana indies get brought in to be built up and to shine. I want to see that young girl that is working MCW and training to be a wrestler when she isn't in school getting her degree.

The three most exiting announcements are Chael, Moose, and Sanada. I especially don't give a shit about PJ Black who was a 'never could, never was going to' guy in WWE. The other guys are varying degrees of good but I can see them anywhere. In the cases of Gallows, Karl, and DBS Jr. I can see them wrestling in a much better promotion.

Okay, I finished the JTG book. It's only about 50 pages and the front half is a lot more exciting and absurd than the back half, but for a dollar it's so worth it. Really wish that dude all the best. I just wish he went over how he got fired and over how he managed to stay employed for so long.

Hah, I badmouthed Chris Masters on twitter and found out that lots of people actually like Chris Masters. Dude does nothing for me, other than put me off buying PCW DVDs.

Top Bottom