• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

KissVibes

Banned
Hah, I badmouthed Chris Masters on twitter and found out that lots of people actually like Chris Masters. Dude does nothing for me, other than put me off buying PCW DVDs.

I wasn't watching WWE at the time but I heard that he was pushed, flopped, and then became like some great wrestler. Not the case? I don't care for him because he has that dumb tattoo and looks weirdly shaped. It's cool he ripped a tree out of the ground to save his mom tho.

I've played this game like 6 times and I'm never the betrayer, I'm too face for this heel world.
I've been the Betrayer a couple of times, it's awesome. There was one scenario where one of the conditions was the players taking damage every turn. I couldn't hide my smile.
Hah, I badmouthed Chris Masters on twitter and found out that lots of people actually like Chris Masters. Dude does nothing for me, other than put me off buying PCW DVDs.

Masters, like most WWE midcarders, is very likeable when actually given a chance to show it. I don't remember a single match of his though, which I suspect is what you were talking about.

Yeah, pretty much. Masters was a perfectly fine wrestler, he may have even improved since leaving WWE, but good god were his matches dull. He might be good for GFW, but on the indies he's just an overpaid, overhyped ex-WWE superstar that, personally, I wouldn't ever pay to see.

Yeah, pretty much. Masters was a perfectly fine wrestler, he may have even improved since leaving WWE, but good god were his matches dull. He might be good for GFW, but on the indies he's just an overpaid, overhyped ex-WWE superstar that, personally, I wouldn't ever pay to see.

Yeah, I think that was the issue - he always seemed to be bought in as a Main Event attraction whenever I saw him booked on shows.

joelseph

Someone's been making WWE player cards for the game as well that people can print out:

http://fortressat.com/forum/34-pimp-my-game/196686-luchador-mexican-wrestling-dice-old-school-wwf

Man that seals the deal, I am buying this game.

We need more wrestling options in the boardgaming world. All we have now is Filsinger Games and this new KS game.

Does anyone play Filsigner games?

I know a large group out of the south Chicago burbs that formed playing RAW Deal and have stuck together.

I would probably buy into a new WWE TCG like a sucker that I am.

Man that seals the deal, I am buying this game.

We need more wrestling options in the boardgaming world. All we have now is Filsinger Games and this new KS game.

Does anyone play Filsigner games?

I know a large group out of the south Chicago burbs that formed playing RAW Deal and have stuck together.

I would probably buy into a new WWE TCG like a sucker that I am.

I saw a strange Wrestling D&D Style RPG on Amazon once, but the reviews slated it.

http://ndpdesign.com/wwwrpg/

Russo debuted a column on a new site "CHAIR SHOT REALITY" and said that Sami Zayn does not equal ratings and the fans are idiots who were just marking out.

Russo is the worst human being in all of wrestling.

GFW really fucked up by not having any talent you haven't heard of. I know, you want draws but I can see these guys all over the place. If you want me to take notice of your hot new wrestling company, I want to see men and women I may have never heard of in my life.

I want to see some dude running the Indiana indies get brought in to be built up and to shine. I want to see that young girl that is working MCW and training to be a wrestler when she isn't in school getting her degree.

The three most exiting announcements are Chael, Moose, and Sanada. I especially don't give a shit about PJ Black who was a 'never could, never was going to' guy in WWE. The other guys are varying degrees of good but I can see them anywhere. In the cases of Gallows, Karl, and DBS Jr. I can see them wrestling in a much better promotion.

You may like that, but you know who wants to hear about names who've wrestled in places they've heard of before - TV execs who actually greenlight TV shows.

Masters is really, really like among the ProWrestlingOnly/DVDVR corners of the Internet.

RP912

Banned
For all we know GFW could be something big. The roster is a good starting point and TNA was a success on Jeff's end (despite Dixie dragging the company in quicksand). Let's just wait and see what happens instead of making accusations.

I approve of so much competition in 2015.

For all we know GFW could be something big. The roster is a good starting point and TNA was a success on Jeff's end (despite Dixie dragging the company in quicksand). Let's just wait and see what happens instead of making accusations.

I approve of so much competition in 2015.

No, TNA would've gone bankrupt without Dixie bailing Jarrett out. TNA has always been a failure, propped up as a dim bulb scion of a rich guy's plaything.

I'll be watching GFW. New Wrestling is New Wrestling, even if it's old wrestling just being renewed to be new wrestling and not old wrestling. HH

CEV1yHEWEAA9cZp.jpg

Expected and not really that bad. If they can get NJPW guys though they should have got the Bucks and AJ too.

jmdajr

true, but on a realistic basis he'll be in the states....even though he would have to deal with that scary ass schedule :(.

Getting it...but 50 pages though :/. I guess it suits the price for it.

Totally fair. It's a fucking dollar!

If Styles is telling the truth dude is making quite a bit North of 400,000.00 on the indies and Japan without dealing with any of the BS that goes on with being involved in WWE. He'll never have a huge legacy without the WWE but I'm sure he'd rather just take the large bank account.

KissVibes

Banned
How so?

The promotion has an audience even to this very day...

The promotion barely has an audience and the company only survived because Dixie Carter was a Hulk Hogan mark and got her parents to invest in it with her. It has been an embarrassing promotion long before Dixie took over though and Double J should've known better in a lot of cases as far as booking and running the show went.

A clueless Hogan mark that wanted to be in the wrestling world is less sad than a man who has wrestled for decades and whos father was a promoter driving his company into the ground and then getting forced out.

And here we are again. Another Jeff Jarrett promotion with a "LIVE" roster reveal that is drawing a resounding meh across the internet. One that couldn't even be promoted properly with a damn live stream. People got most of the news from a guy recording Instagram videos. And this is supposed to be on TV? Christ almighty.

Jeff Jarrett is great at one thing: Parting fools like Toby Keith from their money. I give him all the credit in the world for that.

agreed, but he at least knew somewhat of the business compared to Dixie.

TNA was nothing but a vanity project for Jeff. That's the reason Jerry pulled out almost immediately, he realized Jeff wanted to relive his "glory days" in WCW, not run a financially viable business.

Alucard

Banned
The GFW roster doesn't excite me much. Thought Jeff would go for a cornerstone guy. I'm assuming he tried but likely couldn't get one. (AJ Styles or Samoa Joe, for example)

Top Bottom