• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Big One

Banned
GFW roster is meh as hell. Like who exactly are you going to build your company around? Justin Gabriel?

Needs El Patron, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Adam Cole, etc. Top guys in the indies plus the mainstays of NJPW would be fantastic.

KissVibes

Banned
Matt Sydal would've been a guy to get.

Known WWE star
US-based
Great wrestler
Very attractive
Well-liked and doesn't seem like a politician

Pretty sure Styles or someone else already went on record that Styles would've had to take a huge paycut compared to even TNA if he had signed with NXT.

Plus I think the travel was another deal breaker for him, he does have a family
Matt Sydal would've been a guy to get.

Known WWE star
US-based
Great wrestler
Very attractive
Well-liked and doesn't seem like a politician
There's still time

Good job on getting the worst tag team in Bullet Club though, Jeff

GFW roster is meh as hell. Like who exactly are you going to build your company around? Justin Gabriel?

Needs El Patron, AJ Styles, Jay Lethal, Adam Cole, etc. Top guys in the indies plus the mainstays of NJPW would be fantastic.

Most of the ROH roster likely has contracts that stops them from appearing on companies that have TV contracts.

Fox318

Na3neIE.jpg

http://www1.play.it/audio/wooooo-nation/

dakun

Adam Rose and his kid. Goddamn.

seriously.. the WWE would be smart to create more of these backstage stories about their wrestlers for the network.. but keep it grounded and real.. none of the Total Divas bs..

I liked their approach for the backstage doc they did with Wrestlemania 30 and Reigns journey to WM.. stuff like that is creating a better "story" for the wrestlers than any writer could ever do.

seriously.. the WWE would be smart to create more of these backstage stories about their wrestlers for the network.. but keep it grounded and real.. none of the Total Divas bs..

I liked their approach for the backstage doc they did with Wrestlemania 30 and Reigns journey to WM.. stuff like that is creating a better "story" for the wrestlers than any writer could ever do.
Wait what's up wuth Adam?

tm24

I missed the boardgame talk earlier, but Gale Force 9 who has made pretty decent games based off of licensed properties such as Firefly and Spartacus is making a WWE game:

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/31505/professional-wrestling-comes-tabletop

Interesting that it uses minis, as there aren't any/many wrestling tabletop games I know of that take spatial positioning into account.

Spartacus is pretty great, Firefly is very meh so this can go either way

Regarding the 2014 movies, “Scooby Doo! WrestleMania Mystery” cost the company $1.2 million and it has already generated $2.2 million. They project another $400,000 in future revenue from the movie and they project in the end they will turn a $1.4 million profit on it. “Oculus” cost the company $3 million and they project losing $1.3 million on it. “Road to Paloma” is projected to lose $100,000. “Leprechaun” Origins” cost the company $1 million and has generated $300,000 in revenue, but they projected in the end it will turn a $100,000 profit. “See No Evil 2" cost $1.1 million and has generated $100,000 in revenue thus far, but they have not projected how much it will earn or lose yet. “Jingle All the Way 2" cost the company $1.6 million and there is no projection on how well it will do. “The Flintstones & WWE: Stone Age Smackdown” cost the company $900,000 and there is no estimate on how well it will do

KissVibes

Banned
How are they LOSING MONEY on Oculus when it made $44 million dollars, $27 million of it domestically? This fucking company.

The entire total production cost, with marketing, was five million. The other two million came from the other production companies involved. HOW DID THEY FUCK THIS UP?

Heel

Before people start in with "that money could've went to (something wrestling)" I'd just like to say Oculus deserved better. I didn't even know it was a WWE film. Very serviceable.

KissVibes

Banned
It was a fun movie that made almost 9x its entire budget. The fact that WWE is going to post a loss on it, when they fronted majority of the cost, is absolutely mind-boggling.

Doombear

Wasn't NJPW on AXS season 2 supposed to start in late May?

I looked, but didn't see anyone mention it. I am showing the second season starting this Friday (the 8th) if my DVR is to be believed. Airing from 6-7pm PST (and again 10:30-11:30pm) on AXS.

EDIT: Bleh, looks like it is actually a re-air of Season 1, episode 10 this Friday, and other episodes this weekend. Hopefully that means Season 2 starts soon?

Top Bottom