• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

My wife wants us to get more board games, but I have no idea where to start. I picked up Cards Against Humanity for when friends came over, and that's a good laugh with a few drinks. No idea what board games they'd want to play though.

Most of our friends are girls, but they're cool about absurd things. I have a nerd friend too.

You should get Fiasco.

Or if you're feeling brave, you should get Elder Sign.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
thps5_beach_laticia_shoveit.jpg
Yukes like, 'Fuck we look awesome!'

tm24

Or if you're feeling brave, you should get Elder Sign.

Man, Elder Sign requires you to have gamed for like 2 years with all its fiddly bits and just plain craziness. You gotta start them with some basic games with fiddly bits like Eclipse or something.

Man, i really like Eclipse

Heel

"The joke is that if they really knew UFC, they’d be praising Dana for getting women to draw money in a way that’s a blueprint for them to learn from, except they don’t understand how he did it because they never followed any of it."

The joke is portraying Dana White as the mastermind behind the success of women's MMA. Did Meltzer write this?

Fox318

I want Tyler Breeze to fuck up those Japanese nerds

I really think that a heel otaku coming out with a anime body pillow he calls his waifu speaking down to the audience for their stupidity for not understanding the deep bond that his pillow bring to the world could really work.

"Don't listen to these people Kimi-sempai, they aren't sophisticated enough to watch magical pony girls x. Its too deep for them"

I really think that a heel otaku coming out with a anime body pillow he calls his waifu speaking down to the audience for their stupidity for not understanding the deep bond that his pillow bring to the world could really work.

"Don't listen to these people Kimi-sempai, they aren't sophisticated enough to watch magical pony girls x. Its too deep for them"

This would be Balor's "Adam Rose" moment

Kaladin

I think it's awesome that Tyler Breeze is the guy's own creation. Characters seem to work better when they do that......and NXT seems to be a place that allows that to happen.

Fox318

I think it's awesome that Tyler Breeze is the guy's own creation. Characters seem to work better when they do that......and NXT seems to be a place that allows that to happen.

That can work but its always helpful to have an editor or somebody to tell the artist to stop.

Kaladin

I could totally see them calling him Uhaa Nation in WWE. Uhaa is in his real name, and the One Man Nation gimmick is totally a WWE t-shirt waiting to happen.

Supposedly the are the blocks for Best of Super Juniors:

A Block
Liger
Taguchi
Komatsu
Baretta
Gedo
OReilly
Cavernario
Chase Owens

B Block
Tiger
KUSHIDA
Shelley
Dorada
Romero
David Finlay
Fish
Nick Jackson

Barbaro Cavernario and Finlay's kid are the only new comers. I had hoped they would use one or two NOAH juniors...

Edit: Here's a link with the lineups: http://www.njpw.co.jp/news/detail.php?nid=13926

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Supposedly the are the blocks for Best of Super Juniors:

A Block
Liger
Taguchi
Komatsu
Baretta
Gedo
OReilly
Cavernario
Chase Owens

B Block
Tiger
KUSHIDA
Shelley
Dorada
Romero
David Finlay
Fish
Nick Jackson

Barbaro Cavernario and Finlay's kid are the only new comers. I had hoped they would use one or two NOAH juniors...

Edit: Here's a link with the lineups.

Will eagerly watch every single Cavernario and Dorada match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
New Japan also posted the main matches for Dominion. In addition to AJ / Okada we're getting all the singles matches they've been building to:

Shibata v Sakuraba
Tanahashi v Yano
Omega v BoSJ winner (Kushida?)
Bullet Club v Kingdom
Makabe v Ishii for the NEVER title
Goto v Nakamura for the IC title

http://www.njpw.co.jp/news/detail.php?nid=13927

You sure that's not the Dontaku card? So much of it sure sounds the same...

I kid, but I might pass on Dominion. Except AJ/Okadders...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Just finished In Your House 6. Fun PPV. Cage match at the end was boring until the very end when it picked up and the actual ending is hilariously awesome.

Come to think of it though 1996 makes Bret look about as bad as you can while still being the top guy for half of it. Needs outside interference to keep his belt against Taker and Diesel, loses his title and spot to HBK at Mania.

It's nuts how many top face guys the company had at the time. The pops for Bret,Undertaker, Diesel, Shawn, and even Razor are gigantic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq6mpZHbsTc#t=894

Just finished watching this and for some odd reason I now see different. Even though I'm a big HBK fanboy I have to say this, The Montreal Screwjob wasn't bad at all (gotcha lol).

It's Vince's company so if he wanted to change the results on the fly then he can do whatever the hell he wanted to. It's not like it was written in Hart's contract that he can walk out as the WWF champion. Vince did what was best for him because how did he know that Hart wasn't going to pull a Madusa? Vince didn't want to be humiliated again.

But in the long run, it all worked its course.

scabro

There's probably some good old hollywood accounting fuckery done on the books with Oculus too. Would you put it past this carny ass business?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
He knew Bret would never do it. I truly think he saw the chance to keep Shawn happy and create some real buzz for his product and did what he did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq6mpZHbsTc#t=894

Just finished watching this and for some odd reason I now see different. Even though I'm a big HBK fanboy I have to say this, The Montreal Screwjob wasn't bad at all (gotcha lol).

It's Vince's company so if he wanted to change the results on the fly then he can do whatever the hell he wanted to. It's not like it was written in Hart's contract that he can walk out as the WWF champion. Vince did what was best for him because how did he know that Hart wasn't going to pull a Madusa? Vince didn't want to be humiliated again.

But in the long run, it all worked its course.

Actually read Meltzer's account of the screwjob instead of the WWE whitewashed history of it.

Bret was completely in the right, and Vince was completely in the wrong. In fact, Vince did know Bret wasn't going to show up on Nitro. He just wanted to force Bret to lose in Montreal to Shawn for no good reason.

Actually read Meltzer's account of the screwjob instead of the WWE whitewashed history of it.

Bret was completely in the right, and Vince was completely in the wrong. In fact, Vince did know Bret wasn't going to show up on Nitro. He just wanted to force Bret to lose in Montreal to Shawn for no good reason.

Let's get a link to it.

Sometimes Davey is onto some good stuff then sometimes he's on the low end.

Top Bottom