• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Buncha young faces in there:
tumblr_nli97tUUHn1rq9aato1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nli97tUUHn1rq9aato2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nli97tUUHn1rq9aato3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nli97tUUHn1rq9aato5_1280.jpg

Thoughts on todays wrasslin' news.

If Triple H has done another and somewhat smoothed things over between WWE and Owen Hart's wife to the point both parties can work together then thats amazing. All shouldnt be forgiven but if WWE can make a Owen documentary and a HOF induction then then well done.
I guessed something was up when they mentioned Owen during the KOTR recently.

Bill Demott is a total dipshit.

Its a real bummer if Itami and Zayn are out for months. I guess Balor would be pushed right to the NXT main event now?

New Tough Enough seems like it will be shite.

GFW is a trainwreck already.

I should really buy JTG's ebook.

klonere

Banned
Thoughts on todays wrasslin' news.

If Triple H has done another and somewhat smoothed things over between WWE and Owen Hart's wife to the point both parties can work together then thats amazing. All shouldnt be forgiven but if WWE can make a Owen documentary and a HOF induction then then well done.
I guessed something was up when they mentioned Owen during the KOTR recently.

Its a real bummer if Itami and Zayn are out for months. I guess Balor would be pushed right to the NXT main event now?

I sure hope so. Owen is easily in my top 5 favorite things so far in the WWE from 96 to 98. I'm going to be pretty sad when he stops showing up on these Raws and PPVs on the Network. When I saw he'd be 50 today really put in it context - dude could be on the tail end of an amazing career right now. Austin put him over real strong on his podcast with HHH hope he jumps in for some stuff around the DVD/HoF stuff.

Well this would be the moment of truth for Balor if he really has "It" like people think he does. If he can put NXT on his back alongside Owens and carry it for the half year then I guess yeah, he's the guy. I'm not so convinced even if I love him as a wrestler and an Irish lad done good.

Kaladin

The past couple of months for NXT are the very definition of hard times:

Loss of Neville and Lucha Dragons to the main roster.

Potential of loosing Charlotte to the main roster.

Sami Zayn potentially lost to the main roster and injured for an unknown time.

Hideo Itami out for six months.

Kevin Owens recovering from an injury, should be back soon.

klonere

Banned
Farts has to be the best/worst ongoing topic on the Austin podcast this year. Joking about Court's dog being on PEDs was also a golden segment.

Fox318

Watch the NXT injuries will be used to bump HHH out of power and Vince finally hads full control to the man he has always wanted to give control of the company.

r09smb9.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I went to the local toys r us while i was on break and walked the aisles out of curiosity. I thought, 'surely they still sell wrestling toys', but I found nothing. I had to actively seek them out as they were on the backside of the very last aisle where they keep like the shitty 'doesn't have a tv show or video game' type toys. And it was only one block of that aisle. And all the figures were of Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, and Alberto Del Rio. There was one peg of TNA toys and they were all Hernandez. There was also a bunch of framed pictures of John Cena. It wasn't a clock or anything, they just thought framed pictures of John Cena was a good toy. Meanwhile, TMNT has two aisles, Star Wars has an aisle and an island and Marvel has an aisle and an island.

Wrestling isn't just cooked, friends. It's Kilt.

Fox318

I went to the local toys r us while i was on break and walked the aisles out of curiosity. I thought, 'surely they still sell wrestling toys', but I found nothing. I had to actively seek them out as they were on the backside of the very last aisle where they keep like the shitty 'doesn't have a tv show or video game' type toys. And it was only one block of that aisle. And all the figures were of Rey Mysterio, CM Punk, and Alberto Del Rio. There was one peg of TNA toys and they were all Hernandez. There was also a bunch of framed pictures of John Cena. It wasn't a clock or anything, they just thought framed pictures of John Cena was a good toy. Meanwhile, TMNT has two aisles, Star Wars has an aisle and an island and Marvel has an aisle and an island.

I was in a target and the only figures they had were of Batista, Alberto Del Rio, and Ray Mysterio

ecurbj

I remember years back I would walk in Toys R Us and see championship belts. Did you see any at all?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember years back I would walk in Toys R Us and see championship belts. Did you see any at all?

Nope. They had a bunch of Razor figures down low that no one was buying though.

And holy shit the price of the shitty legacy Power Rangers toys was ridiculous. 15 dollars for these GI Joe quality figures.

Fox318

I never really bought any wrestling stuff growing up.

I think I got 3 autographs from a friend and I bought a Austin hat in WWE Niagara Falls

Heel

I think everyone should do a cursory search of their neighborhood toy aisle and report back with the health of the wrestling toy stock, and the worst wrestling-related item they can find.

#Safe practice: Don't loiter, try to appear lost. If you're seen, let it be known that you're shopping for a small child.

XenoRaven

I think everyone should do a cursory search of their neighborhood toy aisle and report back with the health of the wrestling toy stock, and the worst wrestling-related item they can find.

#Safe practice: Don't loiter, try to appear lost. If you're seen, let it be known that you're shopping for a small child.
If an employee asks if you need help, make sure to ask where the Skylanders or Disney Infinity stuff is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I brought my little notepad so I could pretend I was looking at a birthday list
If an employee asks if you need help, make sure to ask where the Skylanders or Disney Infinity stuff is.

#DeadGiveaway nobody buys that shit anymore. I walked by those aisles too and they were stuffed with toys no one was buying

Fox318

So its more socially acceptable to be looking for small children than be a sports entertainment fan?

XenoRaven

I brought my little notepad so I could pretend I was looking at a birthday list

#DeadGiveaway nobody buys that shit anymore. I walked by those aisles too and they were stuffed with toys no one was buying
Then now's the perfect time for WWE to do their own version.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The highest selling toys in Christmas 1992 were those old WWF action figures.

No wonder Vince doesn't want to move on. And those toys were the same quality as those Legacy Power Rangers. And they were 7 dollars.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you really want to play it safe, you act familiar with John Cena but not entirely sure what he looks like.

'Oh John Cena, I've heard of him.'

Heel

¡HarlequinPanic!;163117207 said:
times square TRU still well stocked with shelton bejamins, all.

Wow, that's going to be hard to top. Fingers crossed for a dusty Gangrel or Mr. Ass.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wii U is the only console I see myself putting any time into for the rest of the year. Everything else is handhelds or PC if I got time at home.

Top Bottom