• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

McCain: Trump never apologized for saying I wasn't a war hero

"he just had a different upbringing, that's all" is one pathetic ass excuse for trump from mccain

I guess that's what you have to tell yourself if you can't accept the realization that you've been fighting for a bunch of scum your whole life (the republican base). That scum tossed him aside and backed Trump. How fuckin sad is that?

VariantX

Dude will read a prepared statement when he can't wiggle his way out of the situation. Trump has and never will apologize for anything.

Maybe if you didn't bend the knee the minute he came knocking.

Don't wanna hear it. You knew what he was, you know what he is, you're dying and you're still towing the fucking line.

Grow a pair, Senator.

I mean while Trump is a scum, McCain isn't a war hero either. He was a spoiled little rich asshole who got shot down and was tortured, a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone. Thlhen switched to supporting torture when it seemed convenient during his presidential campaign, so yeah.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/make-believe-maverick-20081016

One part you forgot and is pretty important and character defining, he was offered early release because of his status as an officer and declined. His positions on the whole over the years have been rather shitty but he is a war hero.

lush

The guy clearly has zero self-respect so why should Trump have any for him. He took it on the chin and fell in line like the rest of his peers.

But yeah, those comments were especially disgusting from Trump and it still blows my mind that Republicans were just totally fine with someone talking so badly about a vet/POW like that.

Morat

Banned
One part you forgot and is pretty important and character defining, he was offered early release because of his status as an officer and declined. His positions on the whole over the years have been rather shitty but he is a war hero.

I fail to see how this makes him a hero.

It was his status as the son of a 4-star admiral, really, but he is certainly a hero for doing so.

Xe4

Banned
Historians will remember Senator John McCain well.

They will try to pretend Trump never happened.

McCain is going to win this one in the end.
Trump is a horrible person and shit president, but this presidency is going to be remembered for a long, long, long time by historians (and not kindly). The most remembered leaders are the ones that were the greatest and the most notorious. And Trump is certainly already very notorious.

I mean while Trump is a scum, McCain isn't a war hero either. He was a spoiled little rich asshole who got shot down and was tortured, a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone. Thlhen switched to supporting torture when it seemed convenient during his presidential campaign, so yeah.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/make-believe-maverick-20081016
That was made during the 2008 presidential election by what is widely regarded as a pretty left leaning (by US media standards) tabloid magazine. It's hardly what I would call a credible source on the matter.

Top Bottom