• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter |OT| of Knock Knock, it's Tier 1

Aspiring

Well after the first few missions and a few hours of multiplayer I have to say I love it. Sure the single player has faults and is generic, but man this game is being held a scapegoat. Call of duty is just as bad with its infinite respawns, grenade spamming and checkpoint gameplay, yet gets a free ride.

And the multiplayer is great.the menu is confusing as hell but when it clocks it clicks. The actual gunplay is great and if you team up with an actual friend the buddy system is to die for. I never ran into any faults or bugs and it ran smooth as.

I would not say its better than battlefield, but the 3 and 4/10 scores are unjustified. People may be getting sick of the modern shooter and they are using this game to prove their point and its wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dear Medal of Honor Warfighter AI,
I would appreciate if you could take some time away from staring into the nothingness to actually shoot at the enemy who's trying to flank me. You don't have to do it all the time. Once would be nice though.

XOXO,
Dragonzord

Sethos

Banned
Dear Medal of Honor Warfighter AI,
I would appreciate if you could take some time away from staring into the nothingness to actually shoot at the enemy who's trying to flank me. You don't have to do it all the time. Once would be nice though.

XOXO,
Dragonzord

PS: Stop pushing me away from my cover.

nashb81

Neo Member
Well after the first few missions and a few hours of multiplayer I have to say I love it. Sure the single player has faults and is generic, but man this game is being held a scapegoat. Call of duty is just as bad with its infinite respawns, grenade spamming and checkpoint gameplay, yet gets a free ride.

And the multiplayer is great.the menu is confusing as hell but when it clocks it clicks. The actual gunplay is great and if you team up with an actual friend the buddy system is to die for. I never ran into any faults or bugs and it ran smooth as.

I would not say its better than battlefield, but the 3 and 4/10 scores are unjustified. People may be getting sick of the modern shooter and they are using this game to prove their point and its wrong.

This is pretty much what I've been thinking. It's not the best shooter in the world but it certainly isn't the worst. Also the game sounds great. Someone needs to give the audio guys an award or something.

Oh and I've been playing the game on the PC so far and haven't run into any crazy glitches/game breaking bugs yet. MP used to crash a lot but that stopped once I booted the game up from Origin instead of Battlelog.

Choc

Banned
This game is so incredibly shit. I am playing on PC and have had significant problems such as checkpoints not saving etc

journalist gave me a tip off to plug 360 controller in and it fixes everything. Guess what, he's right.

Amazing.

I think it's much better than 2010's MOH.

I just completed it and I do think that it's at least close to MoH 2010 (and I loved its single player campaign). Bump in the Night is an absolutely fantastic mission. And it's when these modern MoH games are at their best.
No set piece bullshit. It's just about working your way slowly through the level. And the sound design is absolutely amazing in that level.

Nizz

I was watching a youtube video of someone playing this and he mentioned how he had to get used to the controller layout. It's the same as the default COD setting with crouch on circle (I guess B on 360) and melee on the right stick.

Is there an option to switch to a tactical style layout with crouch on the right stick instead? It would be pretty messed up if there was no option for that layout.

tatsuki

I was watching a youtube video of someone playing this and he mentioned how he had to get used to the controller layout. It's the same as the default COD setting with crouch on circle (I guess B on 360) and melee on the right stick.

Is there an option to switch to a tactical style layout with crouch on the right stick instead? It would be pretty messed up if there was no option for that layout.

Yup, The layout is called Battlefield.

Sethos

Banned
Even Multiplayer is a turd fest of epic proportions.

Every server is laggy as hell, so much 'stuck' rubberbanding going on it's insane. Nobody can hit anything. The only decent mode, Home Run which had the potential to be somewhat tactical is just a rush fest on these tiny, shitty maps.

And my game volume keeps turning itself down because some people are 'talking' apparently ( You see their mic. activate but no sound OR you just have the game echoing through their cheap setup ) but muting them takes a goddamn fortnight through the shitty UI.

HOW CAN A GAME BE THIS BAD?!

zedge

Even Multiplayer is a turd fest of epic proportions.

Every server is laggy as hell, so much 'stuck' rubberbanding going on it's insane. Nobody can hit anything. The only decent mode, Home Run which had the potential to be somewhat tactical is just a rush fest on these tiny, shitty maps.

And my game volume keeps turning itself down because some people are 'talking' apparently ( You see their mic. activate but no sound OR you just have the game echoing through their cheap setup ) but muting them takes a goddamn fortnight through the shitty UI.

Weird, none of those issues here. Enjoying the multiplayer quite a bit.

Sethos

Banned
Well, that's rude.

ibx6z4dVA7ivz0.png

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me

If you're having trouble toggling mute, you can find that option in the "social hub" screen where it says "toggle voip". Turn it off and you shouldn't have problems.

As for the rest of your issues, they're not mine, so I can't really speak to any of them. There are issues that pop up occasionally, but not often enough for me to really feel bad over them.

Cudder

If you're having trouble toggling mute, you can find that option in the "social hub" screen where it says "toggle voip". Turn it off and you shouldn't have problems.

As for the rest of your issues, they're not mine, so I can't really speak to any of them. There are issues that pop up occasionally, but not often enough for me to really feel bad over them.

Umm I never said that, how come my name is in the quote?

Sethos

Banned
Yeah the faces in those CGI cutscenes are pretty bad ... Why do they even bother spending all those resources on trash like that.

Makoto

projected sales im guessing

also, i was watching this on youtube and saw his daughter i think, she freaks me the fuck out

http://i.imgur.com/yD6y5.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
The hair on both the wife and daughter looked ghastly. Almost as if the developers were intentionally trying to scare me.

Is long, straightened, normal-looking hair really hard to do in Frostbite? Is this why we saw no on-screen female characters in BF3?

antitrop

Some of the CG actually looks rather good, while other stuff (like the train station early on in the game) looks laugh out loud embarrassing.

Activist reviewers...
Ya, that's not it at all. The game is really just that bad and the reviews are, on the whole, accurate and fair.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
They looked like scarecrow people. I know "Tom" was supposed to be staring longingly into the distance about how much he likes killing Arabs, but goddamn. He stared longingly into everything. Awful modeling. Can't believe EA paid to have those scenes created; they are so uncanny valley that they actively dilute the drama of the narrative.

And goddamn Mother's wife is fug.

:(

Yours was one of the opinions I was waiting on since we had very similar opinions of 2010. Welp, guess I should see if I can find Spec Ops for cheap.

They basically don't do any of the things I liked in the first game well. The campaign is mostly lacking in variety with simplistic and uninteresting level designs. The game takes place mostly at night, which is frustrating because it made it very challenging to see anything. Each encounter became an exercise in frustration as bad guys would pour in from every ledge or crevice; monster closets in a faux realistic setting are annoying and should have been ditched after CoD4. The globe trotting manages to make the settings less interesting than the routinely gray and yellow mountains and caves that made up the first.

The game has no signature moment. There is no Last Stand equivalent. Which might be good since the checkpointing in the game is terrible.

Some of the systems amount to nothing. The Breach and Clear system allows you to choose how you'd like to breach a room, but as far as I can tell, there's no difference between them. I don't understand what this was for in the game. Seemed like it might have been something that got yanked.

The shooting does not feel satisfying and the AI is awful and behaves confusingly. All I wanted in this game was a gun that felt somewhat accurate. I never got one until the very end when I just started using the pistol. Your partners are useless and at times actually somewhat destructive, pushing you out of cover and allowing enemies to run straight at you while you are reloading.

The game looks quite good (when you can see what you're doing). One mid-game mission in the Philippines is one big soggy mess visually. The music is understated...if it is even there. Hard to tell at times as the game is way too quiet. The story is confusing and the family stuff feels forced at best (sometimes it just feels like pandering). The game just doesn't feel reverent of the soldier in the way the first one tried to be. Sure, it was over the top, but this one makes them out to be action heroes. There's a scene mimicking the end of Modern Warfare 2 exactly, with the raft and everything.

The Osama Bin Laden mission is weak. How you take a super stealthy, dangerous op like that and turn it into a big bad bombastic assault on 900 billion Muslins in a Hut takes a lot of guts.

The screen turns green when you are shot for absolutely no discernible reason. I feel like you take very little damage before going down. It's very frustrating.

It's buggy and glitchy.

On the plus side, the driving is actually great. I kind of want Need for Speed now.

iNvid02

i dont have a problem with the cgi (looks fine on youtube), its just the girl looks so fucking odd. and the cgi attempts at realism combine to create something quite freakish

Sethos

Banned
The funny thing about the game is that for every CG shot that looks as good as yours, there is another one that looks horrible.

You mean for every CG shot that looks good, there's a hundred that looks bad. The CG cutscenes in this game are horrible, the animations, the faces in motion ... everything just looks bad.

demolitio

The AA-12 is everything I hoped it would be in some of the objective modes. Defending a point? Wait for the enemy, pop around the corner and unleash hell. Rinse. Repeat.

One of the AUG variants is amazing too. I was doing well until my fireteam buddy decided to keep spawning in on me and rushing by without rearming me, so I was down to my handgun trying to get the last reward. :p

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
This isn't even the worst part. The worst part is that when the time comes for reviewers to give CoD and the like its due, they'll more than likely turn around and parrot how brilliant and refined it is, even if very little has actually changed in the last eight years. If they get called out, they already slammed MoH, so why would they need to slam CoD too!?

Seriously, these reviews are disgusting, and not even because of the number, it's because of the response to similar games in the genre.

projected sales im guessing

also, i was watching this on youtube and saw his daughter i think, she freaks me the fuck out

yD6y5.png

5yRkF.gif

antitrop

Anyone who has the balls to give Call of Duty a fair review in a few weeks will definitely move up the list of my "preferred gaming sites".

Who am I kidding, though, we all know it's going to be 8s and 9s.

Dennis

Banned
So far it feels like a 7/10 game to me. The beginning was shockingly weak and felt like it barely earned a 5/10 but later levels pick up.

hamchan

Anyone who has the balls to give Call of Duty a fair review in a few weeks will definitely move up the list of my "preferred gaming sites".

Of course, since it'll probably be a good game.

antitrop

Of course, since it'll probably be a good game.
I haven't played a good Call of Duty game in five years. Why will this one be any different?

I thought Call of Duty post 4 sucked before I played Spec Ops: The Line. I can't even imagine how much I'll think it sucks now AFTER playing Spec Ops: The Line.

Anyone with the balls to give Call of Duty a fair review in a few weeks will definitely move up the list of my "preferred gaming sites".

Call of Duty is a legitimate quality franchise. Should blops II be docked points just to stick it to the man?

Those 8s and 9s are deserved every year

Top Bottom