• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Software Sales 19th-25th Dec

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
DS 597000 / PSP 161000
PS2 97000 / GC 36000

Ok can we now officially say that in Japan PSP is to DS what GC is to PS2? :p

Nice to see PSP doing that good. Its selling more than last year with the shortages no?

PS2 and GC good, less than last year but well, good numbers. GBA took a nosedive from last year, Micro isnt recovering.

But Xbox360....god...DoA4 big hit or... :/

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
We need a new thread with all the records DS is breaking in Japan:
- Number of software million sellers
- Fastest selling console
- Number of harware units sold in a non launch week
- etc.

It'd be good to see journalists use these informations as much as they reported the 10 million PSPs sold these last weeks. Factual PR FTW.

Striek

Super impressive DS, very impressive for everything else, wtf X360.
mutsu said:
XBOX numbers not tracked anymore?

Or are they combined with the XBOX360 numbers? :lol :lol
:lol

marc^o^ said:
We need a new thread with all the records DS is breaking in Japan:
The last thing we need is another circle-jerking Japan DS sales thread. Isn't one a week enough!?! :)

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
I dont know why but I just feel compelled to post in this thread. I have sweet fuck all to contribute yet I'm compelled to post. I'm drawn to these threads like a moth to flame. Accusals of fanboyism flung back and forth between both between camps and the comedy gold from people like oogami and pixelbox are what make comeback week after week, it just doesnt get old. :lol

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
At this point I don't see DOA4 doing much for Xbox 360 in Japan. If PS3 comes out in the spring Xbox 360 is dead in that market.

marc^o^

Microsoft, I'm afraid Focus Group teachings were not enough to overcome Japanese devotion to Sony and Nintendo.

mj1108

cybamerc said:
At this point I don't see DOA4 doing much for Xbox 360 in Japan. If PS3 comes out in the spring Xbox 360 is dead in that market.

I think MS is taking care of killing the 360 in Japan on their own just fine.

Striek said:
The last thing we need is another circle-jerking Japan DS sales thread. Isn't one a week enough!?! :)

For all the shit Nintendo gets from Sonybots and Xbots....one a week isn't enough.

Amir0x

Banned
jesus christ, 360 is flatlining faster than President Bush's presidency during the Katrina crisis.

yeah, if DoA4 doesn't do anything for the system in Japan... bleak would be the appropriate word.

Amir0x

Banned
Days like these... said:
Pitch black inside 28372389472389472389471238904712390 black holes isn't fucking appropriate enough to convey the situation. Fuck bleak! We're way beyond that! :lol

The fact that 360 is actually doing worse than Xbox did doesn't help my argument, but I'm willing to wait and see what DoA4 does, and later what Blue Dragon does.

If they do nothing, then yeah.

Japan is for the crows.

marc^o^

mj1108 said:
I think MS is taking care of killing the 360 in Japan on their own just fine.
At least x360 is much more affordable in Japan than in the rest of the world. MS needs to get killer apps before PS3 and Revolution get released. If they can't build a strong user base until then, it's over for them in this region, no doubt about it.

For all the shit Nintendo gets from Sonybots and Xbots....one a week isn't enough.
The purpose of a record thread would have more to deal with a deserved focus on the special/amazing achievements of the DS. We now have a new benchmark console that we can refer to when we want to put past/future successes into perspective. This benchmark needs to be bolded for the record ;-)

Andy787

Banned
mj1108 said:
Fuck that. For all the shit gaming fans have to put up with from Nbots, they shouldn't even get a day to gloat.

And I just bought two fucking Nintendo games today. :p

«þ»

Wow, Microsoft.

They're not going to need to ship any more consoles in Japan for the rest of its lifespan...

Wonder when the 360 is going to get to the sub-100 sales that the Xbox is getting now? Mid 2006?

Izzy

Banned
PSP 161000

You have got to be kidding....this is a huge increase in sales (~70%). Holiday season or not, no software sales indicated such HW sales. I thought most of the HW sales volume increase would come from the PS2, not the PSP. HW sales wise, PSP is becoming a very healthy handheld in Japan.

There are no words...

neo2046 said:
DS 597000
PSP 161000
PS2 97000
GC 36000
360 5000
SP 35000
GBM 19000

Huge sales for DS, really good sales for PSP :)

Btw. new DS/PSP LTD marketshare: 67.14%/32.86%

X360's sales are ... crazy ... 5,000 ... in the third week ... during Easter/Christmas/New Year.

AirBrian

neo2046 said:
DS 597000
PSP 161000
PS2 97000
GC 36000
360 5000
SP 35000
GBM 19000
- DS's numbers have already been commented on, so no further "WOWOMGWTF's" are necessary.

- PSP had a nice little week. Very impressive numbers. Do we have total software numbers yet (sorry if I missed it, this thread is huge)?

- The 360 is so close to being done it's not funny. I know realistic expectations were not too high, but this is just ridiculous -- and not DS-ridiculous. I don't think DOA4 will even save that ship now. So how much will it cost MS to repackage and ship that inventory to North America or Europe?

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Great numbers for both DS and PSP. PSP still seems to be seriously lacking in software sales though...but I guess it looks even worse when DS is reaching HUGE sales in software. Well, at least there's room for both on the market, and it's nice that they're distinctly different from each other.

Rock_Man

dspsp.PNG

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Don't worry, once DoA4 and Blue Dragon are released, momentum will shift towards the 360. We might see sales of 50,000 those weeks!

jarrod

Banned
Archie said:
Don't worry, once DoA4 and Blue Dragon are released, momentum will shift towards the 360. We might see sales of 50,000 those weeks!
All I'd like for 360 is enough of a userbase to keep a small Japanese hardcore audience happy (a la PC Engine or Saturn) to ensure those sorts of games continue hitting the platform. 3-6 million would be perfect... but even that's starting to look out of reach now sadly. Hopefully DOA4 and Blue Dragon really do turn things around...

ziran

jarrod said:
All I'd like for 360 is enough of a userbase to keep a small Japanese hardcore audience happy (a la PC Engine or Saturn) to ensure those sorts of games continue hitting the platform. 3-6 million would be perfect... but even that's starting to look out of reach now sadly. Hopefully DOA4 and Blue Dragon really do turn things around...
you think 360 can get that high? maybe. i was think a million would be tough.

the casual japanese gamers aren't taking risks on current software, so how many will buy a 360 just to play the exclusive japanese content? especially when ps3 will be getting major support and most probably all the big franchises.

even though sakaguchi is behind some great looking games, and the other japanese support looks strong, i think because these are new titles they wouldn't even be guaranteed good sales on a ps2 sized user base.

i like the 360 and i'd like it to do well everywhere, but i think it's going to have a tough time in japan.

Top Bottom