• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

8 downloads so far and unable to install MM on PS4.

Going to try a 9th time. What a fucking shit show.

Edit: I guess I need to update the OS - which i had no notifications for since I was playing shit online earlier just fine. Glad to know there's no notification other than "can't install".

Uploaded a short recording of the sound issues I'm having: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFCgmM17zog

Ok....that's definitely not happening on the XB1 version. There are some sound issues but nothing like that. That would drive me nuts.

Edit - WOW Mega Man 2's audio is completely messed up on your video. What the heck?

It seems Capcom sent most (if not all) reviewers XB1 codes, so I'm wondering if they were aware of some PS4 issues beforehand?

Jucksalbe

Banned
Ok....that's definitely not happening on the XB1 version. There are some sound issues but nothing like that. That would drive me nuts.

It wasn't this bad when I played it this afternoon. There were some issues, but nothing like that. So it's likely a random issue or something. But it also doesn't disappear when I restart the game, though the MM2 intro wasn't as bad as in the video when I tried it again.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I know they wanted this to be as authentic as possible, but the slowdown, flickering and sound limitations are a real bummer for me. Have they said if they'll consider making things like this optional or is this just what the collection is going to be? Considering getting a refund on Steam but I don't want to be hasty.

(yes I'm aware I should have done more research before buying)

I can't remember - was the slowdown and flickering removed in the Anniversary Collection?

These things have never bothered me in Mega Man games, as I grew up playing them all on the NES.

Blues1990

Man, even the game's producer Rey Jimenez is avoiding the Wii U port question (in this interview provided by the Mega Man Network) by only providing a non-answer.

Why is it that a lot of game developers and producers are dancing around the subject? It would make a lot more sense by saying "We are not interested with porting 'Insert Title Here' to the Wii U, as we want to focus our resources on making the best port for the other home consoles."

Man, even the game's producer Rey Jimenez is avoiding the Wii U port question (in this interview provided by the Mega Man Network) by only providing a non-answer.

Why is it that a lot of game developers and producers are dancing around the subject? It would make a lot more sense by saying "We are not interested with porting 'Insert Title Here' to the Wii U, as we want to focus our resources on making the best port for the other home consoles."

He didn't seem to dodge the question at all. He straight-up said a Wii U version isn't in the cards.

...which is crazy, all things considered. I'm not too upset about it, as I own it on XB1 and I'll be purchasing it on 3DS as well, but it would have made perfect sense to have a Wii U version.

Tizoc

Got Steam?
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Megaman Legacy -- MB-DBBCF8454832969A - Taken by PARANO1A. 96 entrants total.

t1440552433z1.png

He didn't seem to dodge the question at all. He straight-up said a Wii U version isn't in the cards.

...which is crazy, all things considered. I'm not too upset about it, as I own it on XB1 and I'll be purchasing it on 3DS as well, but it would have made perfect sense to have a Wii U version.
I'd rather have this on the Wii U since the Wii mote is really perfect for Mega Man.

Hey guys, can we get a running list of bugs here? Will forward to Brett and Frank.

No damned plat trophy :p

Seriously, with MM2 there is a static ringing sound as you finish a boss. (Ps4) Other than that, all glitches I remember from the NES version

Taking a break for dinner, then starting MM3!

Blues1990

"What about the Wii U version?"
"Enjoy hearing more news about the 3DS port!"

Yeah, if that isn't providing a non-answer, then I don't know what is. This almost resembles the answer the developers at GameFreak had given for the game 'Tembo the Badass Elephant' not being ported for the Wii U.

Mzo

You need to defeat Gutsman and use his power in Elecmans stage to get the magnet upgrade. It's in the second half of Elecmans stage when you climb up the sides of the structure.

If you've missed it by now you can also use the Elec Beam to break the blocks.

Remember when Jeremy Parish said in the Anatomy of Mega Man that you can get stuck in Dr. Wily stage without the M Beam and there was nothing you could do, even if you die? Except that's not really true and you can game over and choose Stage Select?

That was weird.

KingBroly

Banned

Yeah, if that isn't providing a non-answer, then I don't know what is. This almost resembles the answer the developers at GameFreak had given for the game 'Tembo the Badass Elephant' not being ported for the Wii U.

Not really. The reason for Tembo was 'oh, it didn't fit on the poster' or something asinine lie that. I'm guessing they don't think it'd sell enough, despite Platformers selling well on Wii U, Mega Man being represented in the 2 biggest games on the platform and lots of Mega Man games already on the system. Game Freak burned bridges, these guys haven't...yet.

That's not everything he said though:

Ray Jimenez said:
While we don’t have plans for a Wii U version, we do hope that Nintendo fans will keep on the lookout for additional news on the upcoming Nintendo 3DS version in the coming months.

I mean, it's a non-answer in the sense that he didn't go into any detail as to why it's not coming to Wii U, but he did very clearly state there's no plans for it.

mulac

Never played MM and thinking of adding this to the weekly-growing list of games across platforms I have to wade through...

What's the best platform for this? PC/XBONE/PS4?

If you've missed it by now you can also use the Elec Beam to break the blocks.

Remember when Jeremy Parish said in the Anatomy of Mega Man that you can get stuck in Dr. Wily stage without the M Beam and there was nothing you could do, even if you die? Except that's not really true and you can game over and choose Stage Select?

That was weird.

Holy s...I had no idea you could do this. Nice!

I know they wanted this to be as authentic as possible, but the slowdown, flickering and sound limitations are a real bummer for me. Have they said if they'll consider making things like this optional or is this just what the collection is going to be? Considering getting a refund on Steam but I don't want to be hasty.

(yes I'm aware I should have done more research before buying)

They said any slowdown or flickering that was a part of the original code will remain intact, but any of the same caused by the NES hardware itself would not.

Blues1990

I mean, it's a non-answer in the sense that he didn't go into any detail as to why it's not coming to Wii U, but he did very clearly state there's no plans for it.

Fair enough. Sorry, but as someone who can't afford an Xbox One or PS4, you don't know how frustrating it is that a lot of awesome third party releases are not being released for the Wii U system. I mean, I have a Nintendo 3DS & the portability sounds nice & all, but I would rather play the collection on my Wii U & on a big screen.

Fair enough. Sorry, but as someone who can't afford an Xbox One or PS4, you don't know how frustrating it is that a lot of awesome third party releases are not being released for the Wii U system. I mean, I have a Nintendo 3DS & the portability sounds nice & all, but I would rather play the collection on my Wii U & on a big screen.

I completely get where you're coming from. This seems like such a no-brainer for Wii U.

Nose Master

Jumping on this. Got the PS1 collection ones on PS3 a while back, but the input lag in those is fucking terrible. Still beat a few of them, but it felt gross.

No input lag and being able to easily stream? All day. Here's hoping PS4 store doesn't immediately shit itself like usual.

Tain

Brief impressions: The PC version is nice! Tasteful menus, nice extras, good visual options. Glad to support it.

The only issue I have is that, with vsync off, you get double tear lines like in RetroArch. This doesn't bug me personally because I normally use gsync, but this would be a shame if I had a traditional monitor and wanted to ensure as little lag as possible. HAVING SAID THAT, the game still seemed pretty responsive with vsync on. Far better experience than you'd have with the PS3/PS1 releases, and a better experience than I've had with some emulators.

I enjoy the Mega Man games, but I forgot that the only Mega Man games I'm alright at are 2 and 9.

That's an odd combo to be good at, as 2 is one of the easiest and 9 is one of the hardest. If you're good at 2, 3 shouldn't give you TOO much trouble (except perhaps the doc robot stages before the wily castle). 3 has the easiest wily castle and final boss of the series too, plus a super jump out of pits by pressing on the control pad of controller 2. So I'd try 3!

8 downloads so far and unable to install MM on PS4.

Going to try a 9th time. What a fucking shit show.

Edit: I guess I need to update the OS - which i had no notifications for since I was playing shit online earlier just fine. Glad to know there's no notification other than "can't install".

Last time that happened to me a quick press of the options button and the (I think) "more info" prompt informed me my firmware was old. It certainly didn't require multiple installs, though I see your point of confusion.

Coupled with the constant notification on the top of the screen made it pretty obvious, but then again Sony probably changed their presentation after years of endless bitching over mandatory firmware updates. Can't win 'em all over no matter what you do, really.

Top Bottom