• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

So dont buy this game, so much for the digital eclipse engine...

I wouldn't say that. Everything on XB1, as far as I'm concerned, is completely stellar sans the sound clipping issue, which can be easily patched I imagine.
This collection still smokes the Anniversary Collection.

Saikyo

I wouldn't say that. Everything on XB1, as far as I'm concerned, is completely stellar sans the sound clipping issue, which can be easily patched I imagine.
But the guy who asked dont have a xbone.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The Eclipse engine explanation never fails to set my teeth on edge. It's almost certainly a nes emulator, it looks like a really good one but why are they wrapping it in PR speak about ripping film to 4k.

I'm keen to see someone take the steam port apart and run through what it actually is.

It's not like there's even a difference for consumer how they did it. End product is still a one-system software. It could be really good emulation and no one would care.

Cool ! I'm thinking of getting the game for Xbox One, good to know it's a great version.

Okay, cool. Thanks!

Gutsman's level is kicking my ass. Can't even get by these platforms at the beginning.

You're going to love Elecman's stage, haha. Keep playing and you'll eventually get the hang of when to jump on those platforms.

MM1's level design is weaker than the rest (understandably) but it's still a really good game. Capcom quickly figured out what it did wrong in MM1, so if you are liking what you see, you'll love MM2 and MM3.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So months of preview coverage, hours of streaming on the Capcom youtube channel. Things look fine, nothing too broken, a safe day 1 bet.

And here we are and there are reports of the game being fucked on PS4.

So months of preview coverage, hours of streaming on the Capcom youtube channel. Things look fine, nothing too broken, a safe day 1 bet.

:(

Oddly enough, everytime I saw it demoed, it was on PS4 too boot

User1608

Banned

Damn it.:/ Pretty disappointing. No excuse for incompetence.

VertPin

I dashed three times on Top Man's stage and everything started flickering constantly for five seconds.

As far as that..it still plays like Mega Man. It's fun. It's fantastic...aside from the weird glitches.

PS4 version if it matters.

MattyG

Banned
You're going to love Elecman's stage, haha. Keep playing and you'll eventually get the hang of when to jump on those platforms.

MM1's level design is weaker than the rest (understandably) but it's still a really good game. Capcom quickly figured out what it did wrong in MM1, so if you are liking what you see, you'll love MM2 and MM3.
I gave up on Gutsman and tried Elecman for a bit. JEEEEEEESUS.

But I just beat Bombman and am back to Gutsman. I got past the platforms, so I've finally got the jumping down. I'm really loving the game so far, so I can only imagine how much I'll like the later ones.

Edit: GOT EEEEEM. That's Bombman, Cutman and Gustman down.

Comet

Annoyed that it hasn't been on PS store yet or that we don't get a platinum. This is one game I'd love to crush and get a platinum trophy.

robot

In later games (MM2), you lose collectibles like energy tanks, though.

This isn't 100% true for all games. The series is weird in that there's inconsistency with etanks through Game Over's and passwords. I want to say MM2 is the only one you lose them in during a Game Over, and MM3 is the only one that saves the etanks in the password. I'm almost positive you keep etanks during a Game Over in 3-6.

I just played through 1-9 and the etank situation was all over the place. My one piece of advice is stock em all up for the Castle bosses, specifically Wily since he's multiple forms.

Whats maddening is all the glowing reviews that fail to mention any of this.

This isn't 100% true for all games. The series is weird in that there's inconsistency with etanks through Game Over's and passwords. I want to say MM2 is the only one you lose them in during a Game Over, and MM3 is the only one that saves the etanks in the password. I'm almost positive you keep etanks during a Game Over in 3-6.

I just played through 1-9 and the etank situation was all over the place. My one piece of advice is stock em all up for the Castle bosses, specifically Wily since he's multiple forms.

Yeah, my memory was pretty hazy regarding them, sorry about that. It's been a while since I've played the games past 2 and 3, and I knew for a fact you lost them in 2.

S1kkZ

which reports? the one guy who posted here?

sw26

Bought the PS4 version on EU PSN, and there is indeed some sound clipping (playing MM2 if that matters).

I have no idea if this is what people were mentioning earlier or if it is one of the 'NES glitches' that were preserved in this version as while I played the game on an NES in the distant past my most recent experience with the game was on Wii VC.

Not enough to detract from having a competent MM2 port I can play on my PS4 for me but I can see why some may find it irritating.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Yeah, I played through Mega Man 2 on PS4 and apart from some sound issues, I didn't notice anything wrong with it.

Edit: See my video below, those "some sound issues" got way worse.

What...

...the...

FUCK?!

Finally, got a chance to buy and download the game on my PS4 when I get this error message:

"Megaman Legacy Collection - Cannot Install".

No error code or anything! Has this happened to any other users in the States as well?

Yasawas

What...

...the...

FUCK?!

Finally, got a chance to buy and download the game on my PS4 when I get this error message:

"Megaman Legacy Collection - Cannot Install".

No error code or anything! Has this happened to any other users in the States as well?

I got this because there was a system update I needed to do first.

Anyone else try the collection out on PS4? That's the platform I'm planning on getting this on but the only impressions in this thread are one guy saying it's a bad port.

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Guess I'll finally give the Mega Man series a shot.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Hmm...playing Mega Man 1 and the sound is really messed up, constant crackling. And now it's happening in Mega Man 2 as well, but not as much. It wasn't this bad when I played through Mega Man 2 the first time, so I'm not sure what's happening here.

But honestly, in this state, I can't recommend this collection. There seem to be some serious issues that desperately need a patch.

Matticers

Ugh, I wanted to get this on the PS4 but I might just save my money with these issues. If they were on top of this and patched it super fast, I'd buy it tomorrow but you know that's not happening. By the time it's fixed, people will be moving on to the new games that are out like MGS.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
HELP. The game won't boot on PS4.

Purchased it, it has the locked symbol. When I go to boot it it says "cannont use content, purchase if from PS Store."

I have my receipt.

PS4 has some sound issues (mm2) for everyone, Steam its works or doesnt/glitched menus, Xbox is fine I think.

Xbox One version has some sound/music glitches and slowdown as well.

Nothing that will seriously take away your enjoyment of the games though.

Lyonaz

Oh my god fuck these shooting platform guys in Iceman's level.

OMFG this shit right here, I downed Cutman, Gutsman and Bombman and was enjoying it, but because of the beginning of Elecman stage and this Iceman stage bullshit I saved the game and called it quits. Maybe tomorrow again.

First time I'm hearing the PS4 version has issues. What happened, what did you all noticed?

Also isn't all the slowdown you guys are seeing completely normal and intentional since that's how these games ran on the NES?

Just finished mm1 with only 1 life lost.

On to 2!

So far no big PS4 issues with me. Sound does glitch a bit, but then again I'm using my gold headset

Laws00

im not sure i want this

i have the ps2 anthology and i have all the udon books.

fuck man and the damn ps retro sale too

Top Bottom