• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megaman Legacy Collection |OT| One "Mighty" Collection

IronLich

Does someone know how to proceed here? Last stage. I saw on Youtube and apparently I need a suit marked as M that shoot stuff I can climb on, but how can I grab it?

It's located in Elec Man's stage. You need to use Guts Man's power to lift and break the blocks hiding the special item.

Capcom sure loves to rip of gamers of other regions with their bullshit prices, will pass until it's dirty cheap.

Have fun guys, the 6 classic games are all pretty good.

Ludens

Banned
It's located in Elec Man's stage. You need to use Guts Man's power to lift and break the blocks hiding the special item.

Thanks. I saw that item but I couldn't reach it, I didn't know suits have different powers until Ir eached Dr Wily's stage.

ibrahima

Banned
The Eclipse engine explanation never fails to set my teeth on edge. It's almost certainly a nes emulator, it looks like a really good one but why are they wrapping it in PR speak about ripping film to 4k.

I'm keen to see someone take the steam port apart and run through what it actually is.

discoalucard

i am a butthurt babby that can only drool in wonder at shiney objects
sörine;176498429 said:
Good review although Parish is wrong on Wii VC versions being darker I think. Wii VC was entirely unfiltered with true 240p output, it was basically perfect with a crt.

I could be wrong, but I thought 240p output was dependent on the platform and its associated emulator. Like, the Neo Geo games ran at 240p, certain Genesis games could be run with a code or something like that....

sörine

Banned
I could be wrong, but I thought 240p output was dependent on the platform and its associated emulator. Like, the Neo Geo games ran at 240p, certain Genesis games could be run with a code or something like that....
The only platforms that didn't were TG16 and C64 I think. NES did for sure though.

Did they really release this with sound effects and music peaking out and clipping? Do any reviews mention this? Not what I would consider a Criterion collection level release if this is true, and extremely disappointing.

That problem alone has me waiting to buy now :(

KingBroly

Banned
Did they really release this with sound effects and music peaking out and clipping? Do any reviews mention this? Not what I would consider a Criterion collection level release if this is true, and extremely disappointing.

The PC release sounds like it has a plethora of issues. People start up the game with white boxes everywhere instead of text and images, game crashes, etc. Some people have workarounds by installing random Windows updates and running the game in Windows XP/7 compatibility mode.

ToastyFrog

Inexplicable Treasure Hate
sörine;176498429 said:
Good review although Parish is wrong on Wii VC versions being darker I think. Wii VC was entirely unfiltered with true 240p output, it was basically perfect with a crt.

You're right that it was unfiltered 240p output, but the colors on Wii's NES VC were definitely too dim. If you look around online you can find a really infamous example that someone posted of Super Mario Bros. 3 long before Wii U even existed, where it just looks dull compared to the original game. Wii VC was almost perfect emulation except for that.

sörine

Banned
You're right that it was unfiltered 240p output, but the colors on Wii's NES VC were definitely too dim. If you look around online you can find a really infamous example that someone posted of Super Mario Bros. 3 long before Wii U even existed, where it just looks dull compared to the original game. Wii VC was almost perfect emulation except for that.
I was under the impression that it's only dimmed on default modes to account for the lack of scanlines while in 240p mode it's unfiltered and comparable to real hardware, perhaps slightly brighter even.

There's a good visual comparison here using a 480i rgb: http://retrorgb.com/wiivsclassic.html

Yeah I saw that.. after reading about the sound issues on xb1 I briefly considered getting it on steam but nope, don't want to deal with all that stuff either

what a shame

The PC release sounds like it has a plethora of issues. People start up the game with white boxes everywhere instead of text and images, game crashes, etc. Some people have workarounds by installing random Windows updates and running the game in Windows XP/7 compatibility mode.

I've only seen two other people mention it :(

Cmagus

Jesus. Still not up on the NA PSN store.

The PSN update isn't till later yet. It's the worst thing about PSN I pre-ordered King Quest and had to wait an entire day after buying it to play it.

It happens from time to time on the PC version but I've messed around with most of the games and completed MM1 and most of it is solid. MM1 imo is a bit rough but the rest seem fine minus a few clips here and there.

Saikyo

Yeah I saw that.. after reading about the sound issues on xb1 I briefly considered getting it on steam but nope, don't want to deal with all that stuff either

what a shame

It happened to me on steam, tried everything and I still have the blank menu options so I refunded.

Thanks Capcom, gonna remind of that when I think of buying Resident Evil 0...

Ludens

Banned
Well, I just completed Megaman 1. My praise to those who beated it back in days. I think this game with no save state would be impossible for me. I had a hard time even with save state, expecial on the sand monster near the end of Megaman 1.

I had the corrupt menus problem and installing the KB2670838 windows update fixed it for me.

That issue aside, great collection.

Well, I just completed Megaman 1. My praise to those who beated it back in days. I think this game with no save state would be impossible for me. I had a hard time even with save state, expecial on the sand monster near the end of Megaman 1.

I beat that game legit exceepppppttttt for the yellow devil. I had to use the pause glitch to get past him because holy shit that thing is impossible

VertPin

It's up on the NA PSN!!!

AND IT HAS ISSUES. WHY IS THE SOUND ALL MESSED UP?! WHY ARE THERE GRAPHICAL GLITCH ISSUES?!

CACPCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ludens

Banned
I beat that game legit exceepppppttttt for the yellow devil. I had to use the pause glitch to get past him because holy shit that thing is impossible

I was stucked more than one hour on him WITH save state. Because you can't really use it properly to dodge his...sand bullet? Whatever they are. This dude was the hardest boss in the game, for me.

Anyway this collection has a LOT of issues:

-flickering
-sometimes like enemy's sprite appear in other section of the game
-the game crashed one for me as soon as I died the first time in Megaman 2 (than I quitted because beating the first one is enough for today).
-slowdowns. Hell, a lot of them.

MattyG

Banned
Just beat Cutman (my first time ever playing a Megaman game). Quic question; how does progress work? If I die in the next level, do I lose the progress I got against Cutman?

I managed to get the game to start via a desktop shortcut, of all things. There's something worthwhile here under all the technical issues, but you're probably better off waiting for those to be ironed out if you're on the fence. Especially if you're looking at the Steam version.

Just beat Cutman (my first time ever playing a Megaman game). Quic question; how does progress work? If I die in the next level, do I lose the progress I got against Cutman?

You keep your weapons and defeated bosses after a game over. In later games (MM2), you lose collectibles like energy tanks, though.

MattyG

Banned
Nope. Cleared levels stay cleared.

I managed to get the game to start via a desktop shortcut, of all things. There's something worthwhile here under all the technical issues, but you're probably better off waiting for those to be ironed out if you're on the fence. Especially if you're looking at the Steam version.

You keep your weapons and defeated bosses after a game over. In later games (MM2), you lose collectibles like energy tanks, though.
Okay, cool. Thanks!

Gutsman's level is kicking my ass. Can't even get by these platforms at the beginning.

I haven't really played much older mega-man, i had a friend that was obsessed with it back in the day and that ruined it for me. That being said i am seriously considering getting this and proving myself wrong.

I really don't care for the title though, it should've been |OT| Feels Mega, Man.

I personally think the title should have been |OT| MEGA-DICK ACTIVATE!!!

But thats just me...

Top Bottom