• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

picked up some new MJ glassses just in time for summer.

jbyuzHXIzf9y92.jpg

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
How is Nordstrom Rack btw. One just opened up pretty close to my house. Well not "just", but I haven't bothered.

I've shopped there before, but wasn't able to find any shirts that really fit me well without tailoring.

Old Navy online Slim Fit Talls have worked much better for me.

overcast

hit or miss, ime saks off 5th is much better

I've shopped there before, but wasn't able to find any shirts that really fit me well without tailoring.

Old Navy online Slim Fit Talls have worked much better for me.
Alright. Wouldn't hurt to stop by one day, but I won't be expecting much.

Alucrid lighting that fashion flare up in GAP. Just grab the 2 dollar socks on sale, I like doing that.

rokkerkory

Considering Nordstrom's return policy, there's no harm in trying.

If you are asking in general about Nakes & Famous, you will not be dissapointed in regards to quality and fit. I personally cannot give you any opinions regarding the Skinny variation, as I only buy the Weird Guy models...since I have big thighs :"(

yeah i love nordy's... ordered!!! Hope they fit well! My first pair of N&F.

I am pretty slim even though I work out my legs are skinny :(

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Alright. Wouldn't hurt to stop by one day, but I won't be expecting much.

Alucrid lighting that fashion flare up in GAP. Just grab the 2 dollar socks on sale, I like doing that.

Don't go to Old Navy store. The odd sizes are only available online.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I was wrong about being an XL is an advantage. There's too many fat people out there snatching them all up. XS is probably better luck.

lol no not even

Any time I'm looking for an XS (boyfriend wears an XXS, mull that over for a second) I have to sift through a literal sea of XL.

zeopower6

They probably only stock like 3 XS/S for every 20 XLs lol... and I didn't even know some places stocked men's XXS. :|

The small size life :( It's also rough finding mediums sometimes since they go really fast.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh good, we have a fashion thread.

Can I get some recommendations on stores that sell both trendy AND affordable (cheap) clothing? It's been a while since I went shopping.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I don't know about "trendy" but Uniqlo would be the only affordable place I'd go.

That store doesn't exist in Los Angeles. :(

Oh and by "trendy" I just meant whatever guys are wearing nowadays that don't make them look like geeks/hobos. Nothing fancy.

costco is target tier imo, you can find stuff but it will require more sleuthing.

re: internet shopping, it will definitely take a couple return/exchange cycles, but once you zero in on your size for most brands, you're gold. You can get $250+ shirts for target prices fairly often, especially if you seek out labels that nobody has heard much about.

zeopower6

That store doesn't exist in Los Angeles. :(

Oh and by "trendy" I just meant whatever guys are wearing nowadays that don't make them look like geeks/hobos. Nothing fancy.

It will this fall! >( Maybe ask someone in NorCal to pick up a few things for you in the time being to see how their sizing works? I hear it is a bit tight.

Isn't there a Topman in LA now? Also a bunch of Zaras.

Costco isn't really that trendy but if you need basics they're there. (same goes for Sam's Club and other club stores)

Oh shit, they opened a Topman in LA? Never been to one, but it seems appealing.

In the grove apparently.
Topman is cool if you're built like a tiny British kid. Basically if you have even an ounce of muscle on you, you can kiss their fits goodbye.

APC Croft II jacket?
Looks dope. Did you not end up getting that leather one?

Willis & Geiger Leather Bomber? 499 or so though...
Classic style but the fit looks terrible. You should be able to find that look in a much better cut.

NinjaBoiX

Not keen on that leather jacket, looks like something my dad would wear.
APC Croft II jacket?

apc-black-mens-black-croft-ii-bomber-jacket-product-1-18766365-2-613600626-normal_large_flex.jpeg
Pretty smart, simple classic styling. But £350 seems way too pricey for a fairly plain, run of the mill, black bomber jacket. I'm sure you could get one just as cool for like £100.

I'm sure it's fine Peruvian cashmere tailored by the fair hands of virgins or whatever, but it's just an overpriced jacket to me.

Pretty smart, simple classic styling. But £350 seems way too pricey for a fairly plain, run of the mill, black bomber jacket. I'm sure you could get one just as cool for like £100.

I'm sure it's fine Peruvian cashmere tailored by the fair hands of virgins or whatever, but it's just an overpriced jacket to me.

Sweet bro tell me more.

AxeMan

Anyone know where I can get a decent garment bag?

Ideally something that can hold 2 x suits, 2 x shirts, shoes along with some jeans and t-shirts

Am I asking too much?

NinjaBoiX

Sweet bro tell me more.
I don't actually have any suggestions, sorry! I've seen very similar ones in Bank and such for around £70-80, but I guess the quality wouldn't be comparable.

It is a really nice jacket though. I suppose a couple of hundred isn't a crazy amount to pay, but it's out of my price range.

eh if you want an ervell jacket like that you can probably wait until sale season and get it for much less. same with apc. you could probably find something from herno, stone island, or cp company for $400 on the innanets

Top Bottom