• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Is there anywhere I can buy laces for my Common Projects (Achilles)? If not, anyone got a recommendation for a brand that looks good with them?

overcast

kapital photoshoot

fzY1crB.jpg

lcTSc6D.jpg

RosdzoX.jpg
Fashionable eagle trainers.

#FashionGAF

purg3

slept with Malkin
Damn this thread. I'm close to pulling the trigger on a pair of Alden Indy's now after that post on the previous page. I'm just a little worried about sizing as I would like to get these in one shot and not have to worry about exchanging. I know they are popular on here so maybe someone can help or confirm.

I wear a 9 us in most tennis shoes (onitsuka tigers)
8.5 in clarks db
8.5D in chippewa boots
pretty much all of my shoes besides tennis shoes are 8.5

So would I be safe going with an 8.5D(medium) with Indy boots?

Thanks!

Shun

v6jaq74ulagrj6hf.jpg

Thinking of picking a Herschel Supply Little America bag to replace my worn out rucksack.

Thoughts on this color way? I was also thinking of getting the Houndstooth color way but I wasn't a fan of the navy on the smaller pocket and would rather have the entire bag be Houndstooth.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
v6jaq74ulagrj6hf.jpg

Thinking of picking a Herschel Supply Little America bag to replace my worn out rucksack.

Thoughts on this color way? I was also thinking of getting the Houndstooth color way but I wasn't a fan of the navy on the smaller pocket and would rather have the entire bag be Houndstooth.

A little too LV looking IMO

leroidys

v6jaq74ulagrj6hf.jpg

This could just be me but I find that there are so many awesome looking bags out there that I wouldn't go with something as currently ubiquitous as Herschel. My recent trip to Japan really alerted me to what a sorry state (man)bags are in in this country.

Shun

This could just be me but I find that there are so many awesome looking bags out there that I wouldn't go with something as currently ubiquitous as Herschel. My recent trip to Japan really alerted me to what a sorry state (man)bags are in in this country.

I've used Herschel for years and it's a brand I'm comfortable with.

I mean I would get the Commes des Garcon x Beatles rucksack, but I don't have the disposable income for that right now.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free.

NinjaBoiX

v6jaq74ulagrj6hf.jpg

I think this is great, I love the colours.

purg3

slept with Malkin
My Chippewa Homestead boots arrived, and I'm super impressed with them. The leather is really nice and they are extremely comfortable right out of the box. Glad I bought these, will definitely be my go to boot for quite a while.

will post pics soon

edit: pics (taken with phone camera)

comes in a nicer retro box than their standard line
EwC585Q.jpg

rFOxYoE.jpg

and on with a pair of jeans
wvAVlDz.jpg

Hey GAF, what color Everlane Snap Backpack should I get?

I'm torn between... every single choice. :((
Love the reverse denim/leather combo, but if you're looking for one of the more standard colors then I'd go with Fig or Green.

Depends on what colors you have in your wardrobe of course and whether or not they'd mesh well together.

My Chippewa Homestead boots arrived, and I'm super impressed with them. The leather is really nice and they are extremely comfortable right out of the box. Glad I bought these, will definitely be my go to boot for quite a while.

will post pics soon

edit: pics (taken with phone camera)
They look beautiful. Hopefully they maintain their shape nicely.

overcast

You're a braver man than myself Mac. Black jeans do me in.

Any good looking leather bombers under 120 you guys can find? Need it.

NinjaBoiX

Fall/Winter are my favourite seasons fashion wise. I get to wear my coats, hats and scarves, and I have some brown leather dress gloves I bought a few months ago that I've never even worn.

Bring on the cold!
Apolis wool blazer is good.

Am prevaricating about taking the cuffs up a half-inch or so.
Welcome to my world buddy!

Anyone ever see Barney's Helmut Lang stuff in person. I've been keeping an eye on a specific jacket, and it just hit the warehouse. Problem is, all sales are final and I can't decide whether to order a Medium or small. Does their stuff run super tiny like some of the other notable fashion designers?

They Jacket VV

thanks VV

LJ11

Anyone ever see Barney's Helmut Lang stuff in person. I've been keeping an eye on a specific jacket, and it just hit the warehouse. Problem is, all sales are final and I can't decide whether to order a Medium or small. Does their stuff run super tiny like some of the other notable fashion designers?

They Jacket VV

Tried on a couple of things and items ran true to size. Cardigan in S for example was pretty true to size, maybe a bit bigger for a S but not anything out of the ordinary. That jacket looks pretty cropped though. Tough to tell.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Pretty sure I ran into this same problem sometime last year: saw a jacket in GQ, says it's available from Topman, go to website, jacket is nowhere to be found.

Is there a general timeframe when retailers' fall collections tend to show up online?

IME, spring summer usually drops january-march, fall winter august-october; often sooner than later. I've noticed over the years of online/retail retailing the drops are coming much earlier. back when I first started paying attention to and buying shit it in 2001 would be crazy to see spring summer stuff on the rack in january.

Men's Fashion GAF,help, I need you guys!!!

I would like to buy my partner a nice cashmere sweater and I have NO idea where to begin.

Information.

Budget: $300
Colors preferred: some shade of blue, grey, or maybe a muted red
Size: I think a M in US? 6'0", 175~ pounds?
Material: 100% cashmere, or perhaps a cashmere/wool blend as long as it is really soft.

Can I find a good sweater at this price? Where do I even begin to look? I don't know anything about men's fashion. Please, please, help me out.

$300 is plenty of money to go get a good cashmere sweater. Yoox actually has a ton of good cashmere sweaters at that price point.

http://www.yoox.com/us/men/shoponli...s={'ctgr':['mglr'],'mtrl':['cshmr']}&season=X

Men's Fashion GAF,help, I need you guys!!!

I would like to buy my partner a nice cashmere sweater and I have NO idea where to begin.

Information.

Budget: $300
Colors preferred: some shade of blue, grey, or maybe a muted red
Size: I think a M in US? 6'0", 175~ pounds?
Material: 100% cashmere, or perhaps a cashmere/wool blend as long as it is really soft.

Can I find a good sweater at this price? Where do I even begin to look? I don't know anything about men's fashion. Please, please, help me out.
Something he could wear to work over a button up?

re: size, I'm 5'9" and 160lbs, and a medium in just about everything. I would assume your boy would be a large, mostly so the sleeves would be a good length.

but to throw out a rec, right now on yoox you can get cruciani cashmere for $295 (free shipping over $200), and that shits usually $800 or so at retail. Pretty much some of the best cashmere you can get, period.

http://www.yoox.com/us/39423465AH/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=39423465XW&sizeId=4

He's probably a 40, maybe even 42, i'm usually a 38, fwiw. what's his suit size?

Desi

wasn't impressed with what I saw. Tried on that denim trucker and the nylon bomber; both run true to size. I am a XS normally and I wore a XS in both jackets.

Alexandre Plokhov is reusing a lot of old silhouettes from his mainline just under the Lang label. Kind of a cop-out if you ask me.

wasn't impressed with what I saw. Tried on that denim trucker and the nylon bomber; both run true to size. I am a XS normally and I wore a XS in both jackets.

Alexandre Plokhov is reusing a lot of old silhouettes from his mainline just under the Lang label. Kind of a cop-out if you ask me.

fair enough, and thanks! I actually chickened out anyway because of the previous poster's mention of the cropped nature of the piece. I ended up ordering this jacket from schott nyc instead

Top Bottom