• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The Wolverine 1K because the toe isn't so bulb-y.

Fight conformity! Moc toe!

rwox-1.jpg

:3

Thanks! I like the look of both of those...

As someone who's worn the Wolverine 1K almost exclusively for the past 3 years, I can't recommend them enough. Easily the most comfortable boot I've ever worn.

Depending on your climate, you might want to get the leather soles fit with a rubber base, but if you're not somewhere where rain isn't an issue then you can just wear them out of the box for years. Definitely worth the investment.

Antagon

Yeah moc toes are cool Check out the Alden Indy for that.

Are indy boots moc toes? The nose seems to be made out of one piece of leather, with just decorative dtitching on it. Always looked a bit off to me.

Those Moc Toe Red Wings are dope though. Might look into a pair of those.

giga

Are indy boots moc toes? The nose seems to be made out of one piece of leather, with just decorative dtitching on it. Always looked a bit off to me.

Those Moc Toe Red Wings are dope though. Might look into a pair of those.
Yeah it does look like a faux moc, but that's part of the appeal for me. So smooth.

Innsbruck_Indy_Side_1024x1024.jpg

Antagon

360 for 1000 mile boots? With tax that would be around 300 euros. About thesame as what I pay for a pair of iron rangers.

Might pick up a pair next time I'm in the US.

MoodyFog

US Gaf, would you say that a ralph Lauren "kids" item size 20 (the XL kids size, to be for 13-14 year old in the US) would fit for someone that's 5"7 (174cm)?

Their website says 163-174cm

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
US Gaf, would you say that a ralph Lauren "kids" item size 20 (the XL kids size, to be for 13-14 year old in the US) would fit for someone that's 5"7 (174cm)?

Their website says 163-174cm

While I can't say specifically re: Ralph Lauren, as someone who has been able to buy kids clothing in the past, you need to consider that there's usually more to it than a simple kids -> adult size conversion. While the length might be fine, kids clothing also increases in width with bigger sizing more significantly than adult clothes. Sleeve length is also going to be quite different (much shorter than you're likely used to), neck size, etc.

MoodyFog

While I can't say specifically re: Ralph Lauren, as someone who has been able to buy kids clothing in the past, you need to consider that there's usually more to it than a simple kids -> adult size conversion. While the length might be fine, kids clothing also increases in width with bigger sizing more significantly than adult clothes. Sleeve length is also going to be quite different (much shorter than you're likely used to), neck size, etc.

Hmm indeed, I'll have to check on that to see if it'll fit.. It would be great, as kids clothing in these brands in way cheaper!

Thanks for your answer!

Need advice:
Striped shirt on a solid black suit. Yay or nay?

Also, I did some shirt shopping today. I wrnt to Banana Republic, Macy's and Bloomingdales. Out of all the shirts I got my hands on the highest quality ones were the Hugo Boss and the Tasso Elbas. Any thoughts on good quality dress shirts?

Bought my first cologne today, Tom Ford's Oud Wood (and the matching deodorant). Any recommendations for other scents to try?
you're in new york, go to barney's and chew on all the serge lutens export exclusives (only place to get them stateside retail iirc); especially iris silver mist, musc koublai khan, de profundis, and chergui. I'm assuming they at least have those.

I also like the recent l'eau series but they are super weird.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone help me find some black boots that look cool with skinny jeans and a leather jacket. Size 10

Need advice:
Striped shirt on a solid black suit. Yay or nay?

Also, I did some shirt shopping today. I wrnt to Banana Republic, Macy's and Bloomingdales. Out of all the shirts I got my hands on the highest quality ones were the Hugo Boss and the Tasso Elbas. Any thoughts on good quality dress shirts?

May I ask why you are wearing a solid black suit? Such a thing should only be worn to a funeral. IMO, it is the hardest suut colour to pull off well.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Doc Martens' Curtis:

unless, of course, your budget is much higher, in which case I'm sure Bam Bam can recommend boots that cost as much as a car.

I like those but I really want a boot with that buckle on the bottom if you know what I'm talking about

Top Bottom