• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Doc Martens' Curtis:

unless, of course, your budget is much higher, in which case I'm sure Bam Bam can recommend boots that cost as much as a car.

I think Doc Martens' are too chunky unless you have small feet. Size 10 is pushing it.

I'm a size 13 (US) and recently got a pair of black leather boots, had to make sure I picked a style that wasn't too bulky or they'd look like clown shoes. Loving the ones I've got although I have no idea what brand etc they were (got them in a retail store).

I'm needing some advice on improving my jacket game for next winter. I have a black peacoat, a crappy light grey cotton hoodie, a very casual/boring cotton varsity jacket, a nice navy windbreaker from asos that I recently got and a somewhat poorly fitting tan cotton hooded jacket.

Was thinking of getting something that was a mix of formal/casual that I could wear out. I don't need it to be super formal (I barely use my peacoat as it is as that is too formal most of the time as a student, especially being black. It looks great on me though since it's tailored). I was thinking possibly leather. I ordered a nice navy quilted jacket from Asos when it was on sale and it seemed like a nice middle ground between formal/casual but I had to return it because it fit poorly. Not completely sure if I should just order a similar one again or get something else.

edit: Maybe I could get a navy blazer or something but it would definitely need to be in a more casual fabric. Not sure how good a 100-200$ navy blazer would look though, as being 6'3 I can run into a bit of trouble if something needs to be both long and slim fitting.

overcast

Christ, these are gorgeous.
tumblr_ngpm60ehp61qdv2tto1_500.jpg

Speaking of Common Projects, has anyone experienced theirs developing a creak when they walk? they make a bunch of noise now and I'm not sure what to do about it

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Can anyone help me find some black boots that look cool with skinny jeans and a leather jacket. Size 10

Have had my Allen Edmonds Rothsay boots for a little over a year, I think. After a good cleaning, they still look new. Very versatile boot, especially with the Vibram sole.

15866627027_d506f9fdec_b.jpg

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
tumblr_inline_ngtfbsWkvY1skuk93.jpg

I want like a suit and shoes bieber has in the third photo

NinjaBoiX

Cheers guys, I do like the simple styling of common projects stuff, it's no nonsense.

I'm getting a lot of red stuff for Christmas, I'm getting a red coat from my parents and a red watch from my girlfriend for a start.

Looking forward to seeing the community's gifts after Christmas, be sure to post pics guys!

Mumei

Have had my Allen Edmonds Rothsay boots for a little over a year, I think. After a good cleaning, they still look new. Very versatile boot, especially with the Vibram sole.

15866627027_d506f9fdec_b.jpg

Ooh. I like those, though I have a feeling I couldn't afford them. I haven't been able to find them online to check, unfortunately. :|

Edit: Wait, no longer available. Drat.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
You mean something like these?
RH-02990-1-pdp.jpg

(Red Wing engineer)

I want the buckle at the bottom but I want normal black leather boots. Not those long girl looking boots but I want the buckle

overcast

I'm probably not getting anything for Christmas unless I get some money from family (doubtful). Should have hooked up with Mac or Alucrid on Secret Santa. Could have got some CP's for a 50 dollar H&M gift card.

ekimneems

Neo Member
Finally pulled the trigger on an Inverallan 1A in Navy. Hoping it's not too big. I really wish there were legit US stockists so I could either try it on or make it easier to return, etc. But screw it, this thing is just too nice to not cop.

27-08-2014_inverallan_1a-cablecrew_navy_1_1.jpg

I use a lingerie soap I got off amazon, name escapes me but the bottle has an old timey design. Otherwise just use regular detergent but very little and you should be ok. Dry it on a towel in open air.

Pls disregard grimly shopping sweat.

NinjaBoiX

Cheers mac, the cardigan isn't my usual style but the lady is a fan so I thought I'd give it a shot. I got some bargains, that haul clocked in at just over £100. Yay for sales!

I'd have modelled the dress for you but I don't think I'd squeeze into it! She's only an 8 (4 US), I wouldn't want to rip it. :p

Top Bottom