• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

jesalr

Ultimately decided against getting that jacket myself since I won't wear it a lot and it's still on the expensive side for me. Love to see some pics of it though.

It's the most expensive clothing item I own for sure, but it was using Christmas and birthday money, so I felt OK with one splurge.

Will definitely grab some photos soon

Every time I'm about to buy a cold weather item I step outside and remember it's 80 fucking degrees. However, that light jacket by stephan schneider is still in play.

Largo

That was my first thought too, though I don't remember being crazy about Neil Barret suiting in the past. I like that print though.

Also I am on a buying spree and need to stop.

Largo

Actually, does anyone here have any outerwear from White Mountaineering? I got a vest from them, but I haven't really spent much hands on time with their stuff.

I meant how to dress better. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
well, do you have anything in mind, or just want to 'dress better' in the sense of how to select stuff that fits, identifying good colors, etc and not necessarily go down the rabbit hole of fashion?

if the latter, the reddit mfa (ducks rocks) has some pretty good, introductory advice.
http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashion...epbystep_guide_to_starting_to_dress_well_for/

http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/comments/ehrtv/shujins_comprehensive_fit_guide/

put this on also has a good shopping guide

http://putthison.com/post/712103418/the-essential-mans-wardrobe-perhaps-the-most

figuring out what you like/hate and what works for you will take some time, so don't rush yourself or go on a buying spree. baby steps.

So it's going to be -32°C (-26°F) tomorrow and I'm going shopping. Even when I wear longjohns underneath, I feel cold on my legs if I wear jeans/denim. Anyone got any good recommendations for fashionable things to wear below that aren't sweatpants?

giga

So it's going to be -32°C (-26°F) tomorrow and I'm going shopping. Even when I wear longjohns underneath, I feel cold on my legs if I wear jeans/denim. Anyone got any good recommendations for fashionable things to wear below that aren't sweatpants?
Get an overcoat that goes past your knees.

NinjaBoiX

Took a coat I bought years ago in to get tapered and cuffed at a tailors today. I've never worn it because it doesn't really fit (sometimes a small just isn't small enough!) but I really like it so figured it was worth the £50 (wow) to get it fitted properly.

Will post pics when it's done, I unfortunately forgot to take a before shot for a comparison though!

IronRinn

Just saw the disappointing news regarding the Epaulet x Styleforum Shell Cordovan Trainers. I know some others here placed an order as well.

Thank you so much for participating in the Epaulet x Styleforum Shell Cordovan Trainer pre-order. It was an extremely exciting project for everyone here at Epaulet, and we were thrilled to offer it to you. But sadly, I'm afraid that I have some bad news.

We will not be able to deliver the Shell Cordovan Trainers as promised.

In short: this project was coordinated through a US-based agent the samples that we received, photographed, and presented were not actual shell cordovan - but a glazed cowhide meant to look like horse leather. I discovered this six weeks ago upon my factory visit, and we've been scrambling to find some workable alternatives.

They are still doing the trainer, just in a different leather. You can cancel or change your order to the new one at a discounted price of $200.00. They also plan to do a cordovan version in the near future...for $600.00-$635.00 or $495.00 if you want to change your pre-order to that.

No burgundy in the new leather, unfortunately. Thinking I might cancel. Edit: Although, that Loden is pretty nice...

cordovan or not they look pretty dope anyway

loden does look nice but also not particularly versatile.

Anyone have recommendations for versatile sneakers? Can't wear boots all the time.
these epaulet sneaks (black, navy, brown) would fit the bill, IMO. nordstrom has a line of sneakers, the name is completely escaping me that mimic a lanvin/common projects pretty well in their more low-key varieties.

edit: the store I was at (downtown SEA) had a few variations of this iirc http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/the-rail-mateo-sneaker-men/3738274

Lotto

I finally got my union suit but it's missing a butt flap. I was thinking of using my KMW rocker hems to fashion one but i don't know if it's worth it. It's pretty comfy already.

IronRinn

cordovan or not they look pretty dope anyway

loden does look nice but also not particularly versatile.

Yeah, I'm still going to grab a pair of the new ones. You think the green is really less versatile than the navy? I really like the Loden, but I don't want them to become that item that I love but never find the opportunity to wear.

well i suppose if you wear green complimentary colors it would be ok; i'd just think with a lot of basic blues, dark greys, and etc it would look a little intense.

you could always get both :p

well i mean, you have to consider the possibility that this is a one time run and there won't be more in the future. so it makes sense to buy a few, if not all of them. and maybe even multiple pairs of the same color so you can switch when they wear out ;p

Lucario

Just a heads-up for anyone here with a Nordstrom Rack near them:

These pants are marked down to a penny. There was also an absurd amount of Bugatchi on the shelves at the Danvers store, which was surprising considering that Massachusetts Racks are normally filled with utter garbage like Lucky Brand and Ed Hardy. Saw some other decent looking high-end brands, but they were all either returns or barely marked down from Nordstrom sale prices.

Potato pic of receipt for proof:
0Nvk88e.jpg

overcast

My national standard shoes are pretty tight at the toes. Wondering if I'll work into them or if I should see if I can get them exchanged for a size 13.

Anyone have any experience with the corner or national standard?

Alucrid

Banned
size up on a pair of pants

wear them

feel like you could size up again

feel fat

in what fucked up world am i a 50

dammit zam b

alucrid on that american sizing tip

overcast by tight do you mean stiff or inflexible; or are your toes getting crunched up? my cps are usually pretty stiff out of the box but work in like butta after a day or so.

alucrid on that american sizing tip

overcast by tight do you mean stiff or inflexible; or are your toes getting crunched up? my cps are usually pretty stiff out of the box but work in like butta after a day or so.
also my cps came with the laces by the toes super tight, needed some loosening up before they were comfortable

overcast

I'm gonna try them right now, wear them out for a little and see. I think they're crunching my toes. I have sort of wide feet though. So I doubt a size 13 would be any different.

CFMOORE!

Just saw the disappointing news regarding the Epaulet x Styleforum Shell Cordovan Trainers. I know some others here placed an order as well.

They are still doing the trainer, just in a different leather. You can cancel or change your order to the new one at a discounted price of $200.00. They also plan to do a cordovan version in the near future...for $600.00-$635.00 or $495.00 if you want to change your pre-order to that.

No burgundy in the new leather, unfortunately. Thinking I might cancel. Edit: Although, that Loden is pretty nice...

that was some bullshit, and while i can't blame them for falling victim, i don't think he should have let 6 weeks pass in a mad dash scramble to try and save the day while keeping everyone in the dark.

i opted to cancel and get a refund on the two i ordered. i do like 15% personal discount code though. just need to figure out when to possibly use it. holding out for a cool Alden or Carmina makeup I suppose.

I've lurker here for a while, maybe posted once or twice, but I need some advice..

I have this date with a girl tomorrow, and my fellow posters in WrestleGAF
-waves-
are making fun of the fact that I wear skinny jeans. So I'm here for some kinda confirmation that it's actually fashionable/ a good look from people who actually know how to dress.

I need some positivisty and confidence, friends..
ip2gAw8.gif

giga

I've lurker here for a while, maybe posted once or twice, but I need some advice..

I have this date with a girl tomorrow, and my fellow posters in WrestleGAF
-waves-
are making fun of the fact that I wear skinny jeans. So I'm here for some kinda confirmation that it's actually fashionable/ a good look from people who actually know how to dress.

I need some positivisty and confidence, friends..
ip2gAw8.gif
How skinny we talking? Can't judge without a fit pic.

Alucrid

Banned
that was some bullshit, and while i can't blame them for falling victim, i don't think he should have let 6 weeks pass in a mad dash scramble to try and save the day while keeping everyone in the dark.

i opted to cancel and get a refund on the two i ordered. i do like 15% personal discount code though. just need to figure out when to possibly use it. holding out for a cool Alden or Carmina makeup I suppose.
Eh 6 weeks ain't that long in the mto world. People only put in a deposit and it sounds like what they're offering more than makes up for their initial stumble.

overcast

Don't take it offensively man. They don't look bad, I would just make them a little less tight. It'll be fine for a date.

Btw my shoes are actually fine. Fit nice :]

CFMOORE!

Eh 6 weeks ain't that long in the mto world. People only put in a deposit and it sounds like what they're offering more than makes up for their initial stumble.

it was months before he knew of the problem. then it was six weeks from finding out before he told customers. he should have let people know there was a problem as he was working to source new stuff to keep it together. i trust they had ZERO intentions of doing wrong by their customers, but the circle jerk love for them in the respective thread on styleforum is nauseating. the fact that most people are buying something they didn't want is a little weird just to show their sense of support.

Alucrid

Banned
Well, apparently Patrik ervells Web store is run entirely by interns, which explains why I had to file a charge back yesterday

Top Bottom