• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

purg3

slept with Malkin
qdYbQFM.jpg

Just came in and I'm in love with these lol. They are pretty damn nice and super comfortable right out of the box. Did pretty well on sizing too without trying them on, and these are my first pair of Alden's. Went with same size as Redwing/Chippewa and it worked out well. Can't wait to see how these develop with some good wear.

I found this website called rynfashion.com that sells pretty nice looking jackets. Only issue for me is it seems like one of those Asian sites that sells you trash that looks nothing like the jacket that you saw online. But, I like the style - does anyone know a site that sells similar modern/stylish jackets?

Can't for the life of me find one. Thank you

NinjaBoiX

Jacket still not ready from the tailors, he said it's "more work than I thought", I hope he's not fucking it up! Will post pics Monday hopefully.

In lieu of jacket pic, new jeans:

hYww3YO.jpg

- Filippa K

NinjaBoiX

I prefer simpler camp mocs.

qTMsztw.jpg
lol at the "OK/not OK with socks" instructions, I think if you're willing wearing shoes like this you have more pressing fashion woes than whether or not to wear socks.

Good lord those ones at the top are particularly hideous. Dye them pink and they could be granny slippers.

MoodyFog

lol at the "OK/not OK with socks" instructions, I think if you're willing wearing shoes like this you have more pressing fashion woes than whether or not to wear socks.

Good lord those ones at the top are particularly hideous. Dye them pink and they could be granny slippers.

image.php

giga

You must be 10. Let me know when you start filling out your dresses.

NinjaBoiX

Mocs are classic americana casual shoes. It's an LL Bean staple. If you don't like them, whatever, but to classify them as "granny slippers"is another level of dumb.
Literally the very first result for "women's slippers" on Google shopping:

pVO5TtC.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Yes, mocs come in all shapes and colors and have been repurposed for indoor slippers too. Doesn't mean anything.
Apart from the fact that they look exactly like granny slippers.

Wish was apparently "another level of dumb".

Just sayin'.

giga

Apart from the fact that they look exactly like granny slippers.

Wish was apparently "another level of dumb".

Just sayin'.
Apart from being a moccasin, they don't. The soles, materials, and construction are completely different. You're basically classifying all mocs into one category--indoor slippers. Yes, that is truly another level of dumb.

Oh you live in the UK. No wonder you're clueless about american casual wear.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slip-on_shoe

tumblr_naj7figG5F1rf1jvro1_1280.jpg

NinjaBoiX

Apart from being a moccasin, they don't. The soles, materials, and construction are completely different. You're basically classifying all mocs into one category--indoor slippers. Yes, that is truly another level of dumb.
Yeah, I'm really not. I was simply pointing out the uncanny resemblance to granny slippers, right down to the way the laces are stitched around the top of the shoe.

They basically look exactly the same dude, but that's cool, wear what you like innit.

giga

Yeah, I'm really not. I was simply pointing out the uncanny resemblance to granny slippers, right down to the way the laces are stitched around the top of the shoe.

They basically look exactly the same dude, but that's cool, wear what you like innit.
These shoes were born in the early 20th century by norwegian fisherman. Your experience is limited to what you see around you.

NinjaBoiX

Giga, I poked fun at your shoes because:

a) they look like granny slippers

b) the pic you posted had the audacity to recommend whether or not one should wear socks with them (FYI, they look even worse without socks)

I had no idea it would be met with such vitriol, it's just an opinion mane. It's kind of the whole point of the thread.
People wear boat shows in the UK as well. I've never liked them tbh
Yeah, not sure what the "lol, UK cretin doesn't know shoes" comment was all about.

giga

People wear boat shows in the UK as well. I've never liked them tbh
I don't either. I prefer loafers, driving mocs, or espadrilles.

Giga, I poked fun at your shoes because:

a) they look like granny slippers

b) the pic you posted had the audacity to recommend whether or not one should wear socks with them (FYI, they look even worse without socks)

I had no idea it would be met with such vitriol, it's just an opinion mane. It's kind of the whole point of the thread.

Yeah, not sure what the "lol, UK cretin doesn't know shoes" comment was all about.
1. I don't agree.
2. Wearing socks with boat shoes would be ridiculous. It defeats the purpose.

And it's okay to live in the UK. But it seems like you have different stylistic choices for casual wear. That's fine, but your comments are clearly ignorant.

CatPee

I prefer simpler camp mocs.

http://i.imgur.com/qTMsztw.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The lack of a vamp on camp mocs never sat right with me. :P

Actually, it's also the close resemblance to plain loafers that makes it feel a bit off for me as well. The camp mocs look as if they can't decide whether they want to be a boat shoe, with all the lacing details, or a loafer with the sleek aesthetics.

OlympicTechno

Neo Member
Does anybody know of a service which sends email updates for certain brands of your choosing?

I'm looking for a good missoni polo shirt but am too late as all of the good polos from last year are completely sold out. So I'm looking for a service which will update me via email whenever new items get released or items come back into stock.

What's with the judgemental attitude? Different people have different tastes. If someone likes granny slippers, that's their taste.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
LOL @ the back and forth between Ninjaboi and giga

Ninj' didn't lie though, those shoes look vile

overcast

WTF, I had no idea the site had this feature. I am freaking out
Yeah, it's pretty cool. I've definitely considered it, but I'm scared it'll look bad or something.

Side note, is that what I should do to emphasize my high tops? I love them when they're covered but would like to show em off too ;]

LJ11

Yeah, it's pretty cool. I've definitely considered it, but I'm scared it'll look bad or something.

Side note, is that what I should do to emphasize my high tops? I love them when they're covered but would like to show em off too ;]

NikeIds are returnable, so you can always send them back. Nike's customer service is fantastic, shame they don't have better quality control.

Hello Manshion-GAF, first post in here.

A little bit about me: This is a little embarrassing to admit, but I've barely ever gone clothes shopping for myself. I usually get my clothes from bday or Xmas gifts. I'm 25 and I recently broke up with my gf of 5 years, so I've decided that I should probably start caring a little more about fashion (especially if I want to land a hot rich cougar). I've never been a sharp dresser. In high school I wore "surfer" brand (Quiksilver, Hurley, Billabong, O'Neill) shirts and Dickies pants every single day. In college and presently I mostly wear jeans and plaid shirts. I still have a lot of surfer brand t-shirts though. Shoes-wise I pretty much only wear Vans and occasionally my Adidas turtle shell Superstars. Here's some pics:

My typical, everyday look

Untucked "business casual" look

More formal tucked look
(Sorry for the lame filter, I had to scrounge for this pic from Instagram because I deleted most of the ones with my gf in them from my personal library)

My ex-gf was kind of a hipster so she loved how I looked in plaid, but I'm trying to branch out from that look because I figure it's good to have some more variation. Plus, I'm getting tired of my family joking about how I always look like a lumberjack. Here's the thing though — I absolutely hate how those guys in the OP look. I would never catch myself dead looking like this. This guy looks pretty good, but I'm not going to be dressing up like that unless I have some formal outing to attend. What I'm mostly looking for is a simple casual style that fits in with my personality. Maybe you guys can help me with that? I live in SoCal (Los Angeles area), and style-wise I mostly identify as a surfer. I drive a bright red Honda Element. I don't ever see myself being comfortable wearing tight nuthugging jeans and boots.

For Christmas I got $300 worth of gift cards to KOHL'S so I'm gonna be looking for some casual wear from there. From some preliminary browsing, I think this looks kinda nice. And maybe a simple striped shirt like this. KOHL'S has so much shit it's kind of overwhelming.

Top Bottom