• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

knicks

Where do we buy shirts that don't have to be tucked in? Anyone know of any place where shirt length is short enough for this?

I got some Nikes for cheap at Nordstrom but they're a little too big. When I tried to get a replacement online, the next available size was 2 sizes below what I need...

Am I fucked? There's like no way the Nike Outlet Store or another store would just let me switch a size would they...?

FoxDie

So, I am going to need some serious help here, I am starting a job in a hospital soon, I will be an intern. Used to be kind of guy that will wear anything that looks "fine", didn't care that much.
I am looking to buy some dress shirts, dress pants, and ties. I am skinny, 5,11" height, and I am not sure what will suit me regrading solid color shirts or stripes, slim or regular tie?
Any general ideas? any reasonably priced dress shirts? I used to buy mine from express (1MX Fitted shirts), I want to try something else, or maybe just stick with those ?!

cosmic they seem to have added a size 8 to availability... somehow?
Jesus. I hope you bought those.
i'm a 9 so i fall in the middle somewhere. sad.

I've been looking at jackets recently and I really like the looks of this All Saints jacket. However it seems All Saints isn't best quality from what I've been reading? Is this really the case? And if so does anyone have suggestions for good quality leather jacket in similar style? My budget is flexible.

Thanks.
how flexible are you? all saints is fine but blk dnm (~$900) is great for the $, tho they don't have anything quite like your all saints number save this

http://www.blkdnm.com/menswear/leather-jackets/p/mkl17201/leather-jacket-81

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/blk-dnm...tualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=469

SourBear

Banned
how flexible are you? all saints is fine but blk dnm (~$900) is great for the $, tho they don't have anything quite like your all saints number save this

http://www.blkdnm.com/menswear/leather-jackets/p/mkl17201/leather-jacket-81

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/blk-dnm...tualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=469

My absolute maximum budget would be $2k. But finding something for cheaper would be better obviously as long as I'm not sacrificing on quality too much. I'm looking for best bang for the buck. If that means a $1500 jacket then fine. From your links that BLKDNM jacket appears to be pretty damn shiny. I don't if it is just the light or what. I found this on the nordstrom website which is another example of the more simple or basic style of jacket I'm looking to get.

giga

So, I am going to need some serious help here, I am starting a job in a hospital soon, I will be an intern. Used to be kind of guy that will wear anything that looks "fine", didn't care that much.
I am looking to buy some dress shirts, dress pants, and ties. I am skinny, 5,11" height, and I am not sure what will suit me regrading solid color shirts or stripes, slim or regular tie?
Any general ideas? any reasonably priced dress shirts? I used to buy mine from express (1MX Fitted shirts), I want to try something else, or maybe just stick with those ?!
Budget? Express is crap, so forget about that.

Enron

Banned
I got some Nikes for cheap at Nordstrom but they're a little too big. When I tried to get a replacement online, the next available size was 2 sizes below what I need...

Am I fucked? There's like no way the Nike Outlet Store or another store would just let me switch a size would they...?

Zero chance of that. Just take them back to nordstrom's and keep a lookout for your size.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Anyone familiar with Woolrich slim chinos or slacks? Someone offered me a pretty nice pair in my size, but I don't want to bother unless they're legit slim since I'm such a tiny dude.

leakey

Picked up some new sneakers recently. Really digging how comfortable the Reeboks are
H6DMIVW.jpg
and the versatility of the Jack Purcells.

My absolute maximum budget would be $2k. But finding something for cheaper would be better obviously as long as I'm not sacrificing on quality too much. I'm looking for best bang for the buck. If that means a $1500 jacket then fine. From your links that BLKDNM jacket appears to be pretty damn shiny. I don't if it is just the light or what. I found this on the nordstrom website which is another example of the more simple or basic style of jacket I'm looking to get.

Lewis Leathers makes quality leather jackets for below that price range. Honestly, 2k gives you a lot of room to play with. Just go to a few luxury department stores and look around.

hm, if you're that flexible and looking for something leaning matte vs shiny, and simple, I'd poke around higher-end traditional leaning mens stores. probably some good sales to be had. that's a good price point to get a very nice jacket at discount. ie

http://www.yoox.com/us/41490106ME/item?dept=men#sts=sr_men80&cod10=41490106ME&sizeId=

http://www.lyst.com/clothing/ralph-lauren-black-label-a2-leather-bomber-jacket-black/

if this is your 'first' leather jacket and you want something you can wear with jeans, tees, dress shirts and trousers, a well cut a2 is hard to beat.

overcast

You have a Nordstrom Rack near you Foxdie? You can go digging aroud and find some nice stuff. Idk what your budget is.

1600 for a leather jacket, goddamn. Poor Fashionable GAF 💪

oh fyi there are a number of halston (made by caruso in italy, so at a minimum fully canvassed) tuxedos on ebay for about $300 right now. kinda want a grey number tbh. no small sizes, unfortunately.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Where's a good place to buy plain colored slim fit t's (crew neck-pocket or no pocket) on the cheap that wont fall apart or disintegrate after a few weeks? Need to replace my old ones for spring/summer and don't want to spend a lot of money.

purg3

slept with Malkin
the target mossimo athletic fit tees are probably the best price/performance out there. I have some that are a couple years old and still look fresh.

Cool, I'll check them out. Had to stop at target for some other stuff anyway.

Also I might be developing a boot addiction. Just bought 2 pairs of redwing boots this month. 1907 Moc Toe and muleskinner iron rangers.

Where do we buy shirts that don't have to be tucked in? Anyone know of any place where shirt length is short enough for this?

This also annoys me. I bought a couple of the "casual" linen shirts from Uniqlo, and they fit nicely except the shirt itself was far too long to be wore untucked. It's a shame because they'd be really nice shirts otherwise.

Stopped by target and saw they had some bombers for the spring/summer. Light poly in green and black. Looks great for $40, and they nailed the fit and detailing (knit cuffs/neck, silver toned hardware and a low profile sleeve pocket).

I think most of the v-neck crowd moved over to scoop necks. They'll come back into play eventually, but for now they definitely appear to be "out."
this is pretty true. I like a good v, but everyone seems to be into scoops, u necks or wispy loose things. then again i've kinda retracted into crew necks as I've become more dadcore in my aesthetic.

I don't think am about that life anymore
never was
, but I have resigned myself to getting a pair of the SLP army boots at some point in the near future. nothing else out there seems to hit the same notes.
That bomber looks nice! Been after an olive bomber for the winter.
yeah I was surprised given how its... target. but this is not a heavy bomber at all, very lightweight. they also had some of those band of outsidery colorblock windbreakers with a mesh back lining.

Top Bottom