• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
The jacket is too big for you.

Also, is that a skirt?

I think shorts over tights/skinny jeans is a harajuku thing.
Please don't dogpile me for not knowing the terminology. Harajuku/all black/ street goth ninja whatever.
. It's even in anime atm.

RJGXwfa.png

Man, that style is super hot in the streets right now. You guys need to get out more if this is the first time you're seeing the shorts/leggings combo.

In any case, not my style, but you seem to pull it off well Poody. Nice place too, obviously.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Man, that style is super hot in the streets right now. You guys need to get out more if this is the first time you're seeing the shorts/leggings combo.

In any case, not my style, but you seem to pull it off well Poody. Nice place too, obviously.

What if living in bum fuck Florida means I don't see it even when I go out more? lol

Poody looks p cool

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
i need to get some neoprene and satiny atheltiluxe joints but these neil barrett prices are killing me waaaaaa

You have a house and a family: you're already going about this all wrong.

There are Asian college dudes who live in our building, like, seven of them in a studio apartment but are all wearing Neil Barrett and cruising around in Maseratis. Makes my head hurt.

i need to get some neoprene and satiny atheltiluxe joints but these neil barrett prices are killing me waaaaaa
Bro just borrow some of your wife's lulus. It'll give you a better shape anyway.

What if living in bum fuck Florida means I don't see it even when I go out more? lol

Poody looks p cool
If you hang out at Disney World long enough you're bound to see some hypebeasts from Singapore in that style. No excuses, bro.

NinjaBoiX

Guys like ninjaboi don't even know what Rick Owens is, let alone know enough to critique it.
True, one should really research a designer's background, possibly read their autobiography before deciding if they think their clothes are cool or not.

How could you possibly make such a decision simply by looking?

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
The jacket is too big for you.

Also, is that a skirt?

seriously.. i want to know what brands you wear.

My furniture taste has changed throughout the years, from minimal to danish modern, to minimal-industrial.
here's the other half of my loft looks like

6bIKcuYl.jpg

Wait what? Modernism doesn't imply being rich. That is a neat apartment but I don't see anything that would make him rich.

I think nobody with money issues has a loft like that, either.

Anyways, I didn't read his post like he was bragging, more like responding to our comments regarding how great his place looks :)

NinjaBoiX

seriously.. i want to know what brands you wear.
I don't "wear brands" dude, I just buy clothes that I see in a shop that I think look good. I'm not hung up on being a label snob; it's juvenile and endemic of insecure idiots with more money than fashion sense.

I think a lot of people in this thread are far too preoccupied with bullshit posturing about "wearing" designers than actually looking good.

I don't "wear brands" dude, I just buy clothes that I see in a shop that I think look good. I'm not hung up on being a label snob; it's juvenile and endemic of insecure idiots with more money than fashion sense.

I think a lot of people in this thread are far too preoccupied with bullshit posturing about "wearing" designers than actually looking good.

Are you just going to flame anyone who posts stuff you don't like/understand?

NinjaBoiX

Are you just going to flame anyone who posts stuff you don't like/understand?
Cry me a river Snazzy Fox.

I posted on opinion on someone's pics and then answered a question he asked me. "What brands do you wear" is the kind of thing I'd expect a shallow airhead cheerleader on a high school teen drama to say. And it says a lot about a person's view on fashion if they'd ask that and possibly explains why they'd spend ridiculous amounts of money to look like an anime villain in hand-me-downs.

Cry me a river Snazzy Fox.

I posted on opinion on someone's pics and then answered a question he asked me. "What brands do you wear" is the kind of thing I'd expect a shallow airhead cheerleader on a high school teen drama to say. And it says a lot about a person's view on fashion if they'd ask that and possibly explains why they'd spend ridiculous amounts of money to look like an anime villain in hand-me-downs.

Just seems like you would get tired of being the sad clown of this thread after all this time.

SuperSah

Banned

Primark eh eh

NinjaBoiX

Just seems like you would get tired of being the sad clown of this thread after all this time.
No, it's my only source of amusement in this relentless struggle we call life.
Primark eh eh
One Wear Specials™.

I bought a shirt for a job interview from there last week.

I got the job, so maybe they aren't that bad!

(It was actually a really nice fit and the material felt good. £5 well spent.)

purg3

slept with Malkin
Not really spring/summer attire, but I don't care. I would wear raw denim and boots every day if I could.

New pair of iron rangers I ordered came in the other day. Working on breaking these in now.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Can't go wrong with Iron Rangers. I'm thinking about picking up a pair to go alongside my Wolverines and my Oak Streets.

I decided to go with these over the oakstreet roughout. But I've been eyeing up their trench boots for a while now. How's the quality compare to other boots? Also, I was just being impatient since the wait time for my size was a while lol.

I decided to go with these over the oakstreet roughout. But I've been eyeing up their trench boots for a while now. How's the quality compare to other boots? Also, I was just being impatient since the wait time for my size was a while lol.
The quality is there, for sure. The boots are made in small batches, hence the wait time, and steeper price. The silhouette of the Trench Boot is definitely slimmer than the Wolverine 1K Mile or Iron Ranger, which makes it look a little bit dressier from the start. Dainite soles are great too if you can get your hands on a model with them. Really solid boot but if you're looking for something that can take a major beating, then the Iron Ranger is the way to go.

overcast

Gonna agree with Ninja here. There is nothing wrong with quality. If you have money to pay for brands you think give you that quality that's cool. Thing is, Ninja said he didn't like the look. I mean we post our fits here and everybody has the right to critique or embrace it. Saying "what brands do you wear" is one of the more annoying ways to discard an opinion.

That being said I like the bomber.

MoodyFog

Gonna agree with Ninja here. There is nothing wrong with quality. If you have money to pay for brands you think give you that quality that's cool. Thing is, Ninja said he didn't like the look. I mean we post our fits here and everybody has the right to critique or embrace it. Saying "what brands do you wear" is one of the more annoying ways to discard an opinion.

That being said I like the bomber.

What brands do you wear tho

SuperSah

Banned
My ZX Flux turned up today.

Super super nice trainer, so comfy and very very pleasant to walk in and they look GREAT.

My first trainers for years outside of Converse and Vans and not regretting it

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Bought my first "nice" denim a couple weeks ago in LA (APC Petit Standards), just now getting around to having them hemmed. Already excited about the crotch blowout possibilities! [/halfjoking]

Was considering a pair of discounted Y-3 shoes today (Honja Lows) but they honestly felt kind of cheaply-made after trying them on, and I didn't care for the plasticy sheen the leather had. Meh.

Bought my first "nice" denim a couple weeks ago in LA (APC Petit Standards), just now getting around to having them hemmed. Already excited about the crotch blowout possibilities! [/halfjoking]

Was considering a pair of discounted Y-3 shoes today (Honja Lows) but they honestly felt kind of cheaply-made after trying them on, and I didn't care for the plasticy sheen the leather had. Meh.
Should've brought them to me, I would've gladly hemmed them for your free of charge.

You should be good for about 12-14 months with frequent wear before you have to worry about a blowout. Maybe 9 months if you're wearing them hard everyday. You never really know with APC nowadays though.

overcast

Is there a guide to raw denim? I was gonna cop a black pair, but I don't know what any of this shit means? Crotch blowout? Fade? After how many washes does the fade kick in? How often do you wash barring a spill/stain?

I was gonna buy the Gustin black ones in a few weeks probably.

Top Bottom