• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Pls post your wonderoud thoughts in my dead bottled smells thread

;(

Also celebrating double denim day
IQxuAjP.jpg

Salamando

Suggestions on places to buy good quality casual button-down shirts? And/or good brands?

Looked up how shirts are supposed to fit, and realized how crappy my current shirts are. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be able to get 7+ inches when I lightly pull a shirt away from my chest... Means I got a lot of shirt buying to do, and figure I might as well do it right.

FStop7

Banned
So what's our thoughts on jogger pants?

I thought they looked like shit at first, but now it seems it's all over the place. Especially in LA.

Seriously dislike.

They look like something you'd wear while watching a Lifetime movie and quietly sobbing between huge spoonfuls of ice cream.

Also, LA has some of the worst fashion sense of any big city. It's stunning, actually.

i like joggers in the sport chic genre, a la patrik ervell and tim coppens. not a fan of the denim or khaki varieties. they're basically upstreamed athletic wear and should be treated as such, IMO.

i want to get a pair of leather ones but my wife won't allow me. ;(

obin_gam

Bought a new suit for the summer. It's linen so it wont be to hot :p
Store: Volt | Brand: These Glory Days | Price: Blazer $199, Trousers $99

You dont see it as well on the pics but the set is light blue. Also, the only "real" reason I bought the set was that the blazer has three buttons - I have always wanted a three button suit :D
I'll probably only use the blazer mostly, a couple of khaki or just brown jeans to that will be perfect.

NinjaBoiX

Looks sharp mane! Nice fit.

Though I think most people recommend only using one button, not sure if this is for two button jackets though.

obin_gam

Looks sharp mane! Nice fit.

Though I think most people recommend only using one button, not sure if this is for two button jackets though.
I think the "general rule" is that the bottom button should never be buttoned.

So from what I gather then: 1 button buttoned for 2 button-jackets, 2 button buttoned for 3 button jackets etc etc. (Although at the store only one button (the middle one) was buttoned on this one)

button

Suggestions on places to buy good quality casual button-down shirts? And/or good brands?

Looked up how shirts are supposed to fit, and realized how crappy my current shirts are. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be able to get 7+ inches when I lightly pull a shirt away from my chest... Means I got a lot of shirt buying to do, and figure I might as well do it right.
Depends what you mean by cheap.Express, Banana Republic, Jcrew and Gitman are all pretty good in my experience. A lot of people like Uniqlo too but I think they're too boxy and the fabric is too uncomfortable for my skin (or at least the linen shirts I tried on).

for a suit like that I would do the top 2. often you'll get what are called 3 roll 2 suits, where the lapel rolls over the first button, and it looks weird if you button that one, IMO.

there are also 3 roll 2.5 where the button gets partially obscured, not fully covered. don't let anyone catch you slipping.

and lyle for 2k I would look at burberry london. they have nice crisp summery suits. /waits for jetjaguar

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
So what's our thoughts on jogger pants?

I thought they looked like shit at first, but now it seems it's all over the place. Especially in LA.

Since I got the zanerobe I almost can't go back to jeans. They are really comfortable and look great.

Top Bottom