• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Go_Ly_Dow

Finally got a decent denim shirt/jacket that I've been hunting for a while!

H&M UK for £25.

hmprod
hmprod
hmprod

Will wear it unbuttoned with a white t-shirt.

Just need some pointers on what it will go best with....jeans/chinos/trousers and colour?

Mansion i bought a ludlow suit for full price plus alterations 750 ish. I got the gray worsted wool slim suit with cough cough back let out.

You guys like jcrew ludlow right? Please i never spent so much on clothes :(

Finally got a decent denim shirt/jacket that I've been hunting for a while!

H&M UK for £25.

hmprod
hmprod
hmprod

Will wear it unbuttoned with a white t-shirt.

Just need some pointers on what it will go best with....jeans/chinos/trousers and colour?

that actually looks pretty dope. wear it like the photo, dark and cool.

Mansion i bought a ludlow suit for full price plus alterations 750 ish. I got the gray worsted wool slim suit with cough cough back let out.

You guys like jcrew ludlow right? Please i never spent so much on clothes :(
It's a good suit. Full price is a little steep (sale price of $500 or so seems more fair), but it's definitely going to get the job done and make you look good doing it.

What do you guys think?

I'm thinking about returning them and getting my money back, grabbing another pair later. These are too tight in the calf to lower thigh area. How much of a bitch is it to return items I bought online, more specifically ASOS?

Wait... you're not black?

Remind me to never take sneaker advice from you.

my whole world is shattered. Now Mac is going to come out and say he isn't a halfie.

So what is everyone's opinions on belts? Go with the good stuff or just something cheap that'll last and look good for x amount of wears and keep buying new ones? In the hunt for a nice black/brown belt.

friday

I finally had a bit of money to buy clothes so I bought 2 pairs of black pants. I had been wanting some black jeans for a while and levis had a sale going on so I though what the hell. Bought some 511s for cheap, but then I went to uniqlo next door. First I found some new slim chinos they have for fall which looked good and then I tried on their slim/tapered jeans. Looked better than the 511's. Took the 511's back and got both of the uniqlo pants.

I did not grab any of the airism underwear. Sorry bros I just didn't want to spend $13 per pair.

I am going to new york city to look for a suit jacket for a wedding. Suggestions on sales?

If you are down to search through a lot of stuff hit up Century 21. There are two in Manhattan, one at 65 and Broadway and another in the financial district . The one downtown will have the bigger selection. Prices are great, selection can be good too. The crowds are constant.

Joseca

Banned
I have worn Levi's blue denim jeans like all my life and I think it's time for a change. Which kind of pants would you recommend me to get? Something that goes with everyday t-shirts (because that's what I use the most haha) and not too colorful I think would be ok.

Btw, suscribed. I have not fashion sense :(

I have worn Levi's blue denim jeans like all my life and I think it's time for a change. Which kind of pants would you recommend me to get? Something that goes with everyday t-shirts (because that's what I use the most haha) and not too colorful I think would be ok.

Btw, suscribed. I have not fashion sense :(

You could be the next success in this thread.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I'm still looking for jeans to properly fit my big thighs and not be huge around the ankle. It's a never ending battle, one in which I'd rather not spend $200 on jeans.

My question, where can I find some good linen shirts in various colors that aren't super expensive? I have one I love from H&M but could never find others. They need to be shorter so I can wear them untucked as well. Slim fit preferably.

Basically I'm looking for good collared shirts to wear untucked with jeans for casual Friday at the office and that linen shirt is perfect and it feels nice to wear. Any other suggestions for shirts that would work in this situation are appreciated as well. (Keep them inexpensive).

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
you gotta spend money to make money my man. those thighs need some splurging.

I feel like at this point I'd need custom made jeans. I just want something a bit looser in the thighs but more like a straight fit around the ankles. It's so crazy that I currently wear the Levis tapered fit but have to get 2 sizes too big so the thighs fit well. They taper nice but they are still uncomfortable.

I feel like at this point I'd need custom made jeans. I just want something a bit looser in the thighs but more like a straight fit around the ankles. It's so crazy that I currently wear the Levis tapered fit but have to get 2 sizes too big so the thighs fit well. They taper nice but they are still uncomfortable.

Have you tried the Levi 511 Commuter jeans? They are 2% polyester so there is some stretch there.

IronRinn

Since fall/winter is approaching, I need a new peacoat. Where can I get a good fitted-style peacoat and not spend a ton? Got one from Uniqlo last year but it was too baggy and I should have got the thigh-level one not a waist-level one.

Also, scarf recommendations (below $50)?

You might want to look into picking up a pre-80s Navy-issue coat (pre-80s because they often used a nicer, Kersey wool and switched over to Melton and also they fit slimmer).

Here's a massive peacoat thread over at Style Forum.

One of the posters in that thread has a great guide to peacoats and measurements.

Lastly, Vintage Trends is a good place for older peacoats, and you can find discount codes easily. Just make sure the size is labeled. The measurements they take are off usually.

hiroshawn

Banned
im buying a Kanken back pack from Jcrew because they are doing the 25% off with FALLSTYLE code on orders over $150 and free shipping. The bag is $75 any other items you guys recomend? $75 or less.

a simple herscel or solid color jansport would be better. the prints are too busy for a backpack imo

Agreed. As a recent member of the Herschel "club" I find their backpacks to be pretty awesome. But if you're after tons of pockets look for the Pop Quiz line or another brand... I have the Woodlands line and there are 3 pockets, the main one, a small one outside of the bag and a "media" pocket.

Also, Woot had a sale this past weekend for the Timex Weekender watch. I found out about it 10 mins before my class at 9am and by the time I got out, it was all gone. :(

MegalonJJ

Banned
Hey guys, what would be a good place to get an affordable suit in London?

What's your budget?

(People will have different views on what's affordable to them, so if you have an idea of your budget/amount you're willing to spend, it'll be much easier :))

Cromat

What's your budget?

(People will have different views on what's affordable to them, so if you have an idea of your budget/amount you're willing to spend, it'll be much easier :))

Haha yeah you're right I should specify especially going by this thread.

I'm looking for something around 100 pounds, but I'm willing to go over if you guys recommend it.

Also I'm thinking of going navy or grey because I already have two black ones (one nice the other not so much).

Top Bottom