• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

bms2993

Banned
So I'm a minimalist here. I want a wallet that is thin enough to fit in my front pocket and hold a few cards and a bit of cash if need be. What's a good one? This one?
rd1_black_black.jpg

Oxn

So I'm a minimalist here. I want a wallet that is thin enough to fit in my front pocket and hold a few cards and a bit of cash if need be. What's a good one? This one?
rd1_black_black.jpg

I have something very similiar to that

IMG_1621.jpg

These type of wallets take getting use to but once u do u dont wanna go back to conventional ones

I'm not a bird ninja.

I need to grab a button up that isn't too bland, but not some over the top print chit.

Edit:
Not sure whether to go tight or skinny on the unbranded jeans.
Wait a minute, 88 dollar selvedge denim? 34 length (which means no hemming for me). Shiiiiit, what's the quality like on these? If I want something like the Levi's 511/Jcrew 484 chino fit - should I go for tapered or skinny?

Edit: Wait just realized they were raw - ugh. Any recommendations for selvedge-lined but not raw jeans?

rd1_black_black.jpg
Tanner Goods also makes a really good option, if you want leather.
I'm not a bird ninja.

I need to grab a button up that isn't too bland, but not some over the top print chit.

Edit:
Not sure whether to go tight or skinny on the unbranded jeans.
The Skinny is a slim-straight, the Tight is a slim-tapered. Basically, do you want any taper in your jeans? Do you want tight leg opening? If you said yes to either of these, get the Tight fit. If anything, it might even give you a little bit more room in the thighs.

f0rk

What brands should I be looking at for leather shoes? Have these paul smiths at the moment that I really liked but the colour has already scuffed off the toe a bit and the sole is peeling. Willing to spend a bit

What brands should I be looking at for leather shoes? Have these paul smiths at the moment that I really liked but the colour has already scuffed off the toe a bit and the sole is peeling. Willing to spend a bit

Never buy designer for shoes. You are just paying for a brand name. Best to buy quality shoes. Look at Crockett and Jones. For me they are pound for pound the best money can buy. I like their designs, which not might not be to everyone's taste, plus the craftsmanship is excellent and you can get repairs done by them. If you take care of these shoes then they will last you decades. I own three pairs and will be hopefully getting a fourth pair soon.

3.jpg

1.jpg

I am leaning towards the second pair of oxfords, although the first are part of the superior Hand Grade line

f0rk

Cool I was looking at them as there were in some department stores but wasn't sure if they were actually worth the premium.

Cool I was looking at them as there were in some department stores but wasn't sure if they were actually worth the premium.

yes they are. apart from my dream of owning a fully bespoke shoe, a pair of G&Gs, and the Corthay Arca Derby, that you can see in the first link, I don't see myself ever buying another brand of shoe.

here are too great articles about mens shoes.

http://parisiangentleman.co.uk/2014/05/06/pgs-recommendations-the-2014-ready-to-wear-mens-shoes-review/

This basically talks about good shoe houses, 36 in total, for various budgets, including C&J.

http://parisiangentleman.co.uk/academy/4-things-to-look-for-in-a-good-pair-of-mens-shoes/

This talks about what to look for when deciding to buy a leather shoe.

If you are willing to spend a bit of money then take your time and look around at various brands and try on as many as you can. great leather shoes are one of the best investments any man can have and should not be rushed

Wulfric

Hi FashionGAF, what's your go to store for basics? I'm visiting Seattle in late August and I want to add a couple pieces to my wardrobe before I leave. I'm open to buying stuff (on a college budget) when I arrive as well.

For the most part, I stick to darker colors and greys. Most of my shirts are button downs with some graphic tees thrown in if I'm feeling casual. Add a pair of navy Converse and you basically have 80% of my outfits.

And are juniors allowed to link? There's some neat stuff at UNIQLO I'd like some opinions on.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Hi FashionGAF, what's your go to store for basics? I'm visiting Seattle in late August and I want to add a couple pieces to my wardrobe before I leave. I'm open to buying stuff (on a college budget) when I arrive as well.

We don't really have a particularly interesting array of mens clothing stores in Seattle, so I don't think you'll be missing too much if you opt to buy before coming here. :)

Wulfric

^
Oh, that's a shame. And were you the one giving me recommendations in LGBT OT? I feel like I've seen your avatar before.

Well, Uniqlo it is then. They just put up some Ghost in the Shell tees. I think I'll throw in an oxford shirt and see how that goes.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Ah yeah, I think I did :)

There's the typical stuff here: Macy's, Nordstrom and Nordie Rack, Barney's, Brooks Brothers, H&M, Urban, American Apparel, Allsaints, Zara... A few higher end boutiques (outside the downtown shopping area) round out the choices. How worthwhile they all seem may depend on the type of town or city you're coming from; it all felt pretty same-y to me after a short while.

Outside of maybe totokaelo (which is NOT budget minded) we don't have anything you won't find elsewhere. None of the low-cost stores sre particularly directional

I am not sure what people are seeing in that suit. looks boring as fuck.

pleats are great. I have never understood the hate for pleats. the pants on the right look like they could be decent, but they are being worn too low on the mode, and of course always look better with a full suit

jesalr

How have people's experiences been with Gustin? I really like the look of the Japan Silk Slub, but with UK delivery, it's about $180. Does that seem reasonable to anyone who's used Gustin?

d454f16baa0ab64e65ba75a1ec8cf183.jpg

Top Bottom