• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Kraftwerk

I really like the JUUNJ lineup that ssense is pushing right now. I was going to buy a sweater , until I saw the 500 price tag.

Time to whore myself...... again.

overcast

better off getting keyhole sunglasses.
Really? I always thought the rim made those look way too much like a straight circle. I guess they are pretty close to what I posted.

tumblr_mk84n72ngF1qzfdvco1_500.jpg
Anybody know what shirt that is? Ugh I need that. Yes, this picture kind of made me want those glasses.

I need help finding an "everyday" shoe. Something iI could wear almost everything casually. Or just some brown leather shoes lol. I was thinking Clarks but I have two pairs already (beeswax and distressed grey) so I want to broaden my range a bit. Enlighten me guys, show me the way to men's fashion. And don't make my wallet cry too much.

It depends what your casual shoes go through. I seriously go through a pair of shoes a month between walking, going out, and other weird shit that I do with them. If you're going to keep them intact I'd suggest a pair of Lyle & Scott or Bullboxers. If they're going to get messed up like mine I'd suggest Superga's, Vans or maybe even some ASOS pimsols.

giga

I need help finding an "everyday" shoe. Something iI could wear almost everything casually. Or just some brown leather shoes lol. I was thinking Clarks but I have two pairs already (beeswax and distressed grey) so I want to broaden my range a bit. Enlighten me guys, show me the way to men's fashion. And don't make my wallet cry too much.
Monk straps.

sruckus

So GAF, I'm debating between some brown Vans or gray Vans. I already have gray Nikes I wear, but they're not as slim as Vans so my slim fit jeans get annoying sometimes fitting inside the sole and stuff. However, I also have some brown Clarks Desert Boots to cover thr brown so I'm not sure what makes more sense. Part of me thinks the brown will look great for fall, but then the gray would be universal...but again I have gray shoes already. What do you all think?

My current gray shoes are this model and look like it, except replace the orange and ugly blue with white.

overcast

It depends what your casual shoes go through. I seriously go through a pair of shoes a month between walking, going out, and other weird shit that I do with them.
Whoa. Damn man. That's insane. I probably keep mine and wear them for at least a year. But I'm a poor bastard, so I try to avoid buying shoes too often. Even though I desperately need them now.

I need that shirt that guy is wearing, so If any of you can find it... That would be appreciated lol.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I need that shirt that guy is wearing, so If any of you can find it... That would be appreciated lol.

It's from a UK company called New Look. Marked down older stock, though, and not likely to be available again.

Polka dot shirts aren't terribly hard to find currently, so just check Topman, UO, Macy's, etc.

Whoa. Damn man. That's insane.
I guess it is. The types of shoes I'll go through if a month or two generally cost the equivalent of $20 or less, though.So outside of the fact that I put them through hell they're also not built to last. I have 6 or 7 pairs of shoes that I've been wearing for most of last year and this year. They'll quality though.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
New favorite tee gives me the power to extend summer vibes for at least another two months. Contrast pocket + pale florals = perfect for me.

tumblr_mso253btX61qjbrwqo1_500.jpg

New favorite tee...

Wanted this shirt but there was only an XS left. I probably could fit it but imI'm trying to gain 20lbs or so...lol

I have like 20 pair of shoes, mostly sneakers (aka jordans) and while I like vans, I just want to try something different. I think I'll go with the lunargrands. Those are dope.

overcast

It's from a UK company called New Look. Marked down older stock, though, and not likely to be available again.

Polka dot shirts aren't terribly hard to find currently, so just check Topman, UO, Macy's, etc.
Thanks for finding it regardless. Yeah, I'm about to start looking for one. Short sleeve looks really good, so I'll keep searching for one.

Yes, http://us.asos.com/ASOS-Shirt-With-Polka-Dot/zlpl0/?iid=2737247&SearchQuery=polka%20dot&Rf-700=1001&sh=0&pge=2&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Navy&mporgp=L0FTT1MvQVNPUy1TaGlydC1XaXRoLVBvbGthLURvdC1QcmludC9Qcm9kLw.. Found a good one here.
I guess it is. The types of shoes I'll go through if a month or two generally cost the equivalent of $20 or less, though.So outside of the fact that I put them through hell they're also not built to last. I have 6 or 7 pairs of shoes that I've been wearing for most of last year and this year. They'll quality though.
Oh yeah, that makes a lot more sense.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
From the pic it looks like a thin print rather than legit flannel. If you live somewhere that is warm, alright, but otherwise I'd say get something hearty.

Edit: Found it and it is at least a proper twill. Just don't get a size too small for you like the ridiculous looking model there. Stitching around the buttons looks a bit shady. Not sure I'd go for it, personally.

Those seeking refuge are welcome to stay within these burgundy velvet and calfskin walls.

This sounds much better than a PS4 and Xbone, so I think I'll stay here lol. Do we also get free raw denim while we're in here?

Anyway, finally got my Timex Weekender. Here it is with a leather NATO strap I got off eBay.

Excuse the Instagram pic btw.

3de81f24168211e393ca22000ab5bacc_7.jpg

I'm thinking of grabbing an orange or tan strap to change on days where they'd fit but I haven't fully decided. It's like $20 bucks for a strap lol. @____@

friday

I got a tailoring quest.

Has anyone ever had a wool shirt jacket tailored? I have a nice heavy duty one from Woolrich that fits okay, but if I could slim it down a little and shorten the sleeves a touch it would be incredible.

I have the same, but worst issue with a Filson tin cloth shirt, but that one may be a lost cause. It has big sewn on front pockets.

I still have not sought out a tailor in NYC yet.

$30 on amazon. It's my daily beater.
nice, nice
I got a tailoring quest.

Has anyone ever had a wool shirt jacket tailored? I have a nice heavy duty one from Woolrich that fits okay, but if I could slim it down a little and shorten the sleeves a touch it would be incredible.

I have the same, but worst issue with a Filson tin cloth shirt, but that one may be a lost cause. It has big sewn on front pockets.

I still have not sought out a tailor in NYC yet.
chest pockets shouldn't matter too much, they can reshape from the sideseam. Sleeves can usually be shortened without issue assuming there isn't a sleeve placket button. Might cost anywhere from $15-$40 for this, though, so take that into consideration.

friday

chest pockets shouldn't matter too much, they can reshape from the sideseam. Sleeves can usually be shortened without issue assuming there isn't a sleeve placket button. Might cost anywhere from $15-$40 for this, though, so take that into consideration.

No sleeve placket buttons on either shirt. Cost is worth it.

Kambing

Kind of a lurker, but finally have a question...

Can anyone point me to a website that compares nice watches? Can't really seem to find it searching google. Budget is $1000 and i don't really care about the brand, ie, could be branded or not, just want to make sure it appeals to me. Would really appreciate it

Auron that shirt is beautiful but I can't justify that price tag.

Also yes we needs pics of dat leopard print to go along with turtle neck/silver shoes Mac.

Antagon

New favorite tee gives me the power to extend summer vibes for at least another two months. Contrast pocket + pale florals = perfect for me.

tumblr_mso253btX61qjbrwqo1_500.jpg

Awesome shirt.

Btw, remember the two pairs of jeans I asked about? Decided to ignore the advice and get the Sugarcane's anyway, Got them in a few days ago, soaked them last evening.

Love them, fit is great and I really like the fabric. Only downside is that you can't really wear it with a nice shirt, but it's really great pair of casual jeans.

Top Bottom