• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

scarlet

Saw this at Bloomingdales today... If only I didn't buy my plane tickets to NY this morning...

7195520B-6068-4B68-9B8C-D19AAF68BF23-1819-000001678EFA1FCA_zps56668768.jpg

i need this!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So the temperature is dropping, and slowly but surely it is becoming clear that
Fall/
Winter is coming. Unfortunately my fall/winter wardrobe is kind of pathetic and I need to go out on a shopping spree soon. What are the big F/W trends this year that I should be aware of?

Kraftwerk

So the temperature is dropping, and slowly but surely it is becoming clear that
Fall/
Winter is coming. Unfortunately my fall/winter wardrobe is kind of pathetic and I need to go out on a shopping spree soon. What are the big F/W trends this year that I should be aware of?

Don't buy a Canada Goose jacket.

Oh man that shirt noicceee.

reminds me, are we ever gonna see a pic of mac wearing his new leopard print?

Auron that shirt is beautiful but I can't justify that price tag.

Also yes we needs pics of dat leopard print to go along with turtle neck/silver shoes Mac.

i need this!

That's exactly what me and the sales clerk on the floor were saying when we saw it. We both agreed that it was the best one out of all the Liberty shirts that they were featuring in store. Price is hard to justify for sure (both of my tickets to NY cost less than the shirt itself) but I do really like it.

That shirt is 285$ online lol what? 60$ more than in-store? madness...

Yeah, I thought this was weird too as that $60 difference is huge, especially if you don't live near either a Bloomingdales or in London.

To those who wear watches, face in or face out?

I've always wore my watches face in since I love doing that twisting wrist motion, it makes me feel legit haha. But with that new watch I got, I started going face out and it feels awkward lol. I'm so used to it being face in that I end up twisting my arm and looking at the strap or buckle. -____-

Also, $225/$285 for a shirt?! It does look really good and all but does it come with a Portuguese virgin along with it? Or is it made of carbon fiber that it won't fall apart even if you use it a thousand times?

To those who wear watches, face in or face out?

I've always wore my watches face in since I love doing that twisting wrist motion, it makes me feel legit haha. But with that new watch I got, I started going face out and it feels awkward lol. I'm so used to it being face in that I end up twisting my arm and looking at the strap or buckle. -____-

Also, $225/$285 for a shirt?! It does look really good and all but does it come with a Portuguese virgin along with it? Or is it made of carbon fiber that it won't fall apart even if you use it a thousand times?

Face out as I'll look at my watch when I type sometimes or otherwise because I'm just glancing at the time.

As for the shirt... It is part of a British designer theme going on at Bloomingdales - many of which feature Beatles-inspired pieces done by a number of well-known British designers. But I've seen usually dress shirts command that much money so though it's high, it seems in-line with other shirts, despite it being more casual I'd say.

Thanks. Also got some other stuff from her that I posted in the Sept. Pick-up thread on the gaming side.

Another tie and pair of socks to add to my every growing collection, but at least they have sentimental value to me.

Boken

Banned
Thanks. Also got some other stuff from her that I posted in the Sept. Pick-up thread on the gaming side.

Another tie and pair of socks to add to my every growing collection, but at least they have sentimental value to me.

what, those actually great!

use them

what, those actually great!

use them

No worries, I intend to. I have a couple of other pairs of PS socks, love them mostly for the fun colors/patterns while I have another McQueen tie in grey with purple skulls - often get compliments on it.

Probably will wear the socks & tie for either a special occasion or when I feel like dressing up for something.

This kid is all over the net. Its unbelievable how much money his parents/guardians must spend on him. Although I think its cool, I also think it could have quite a psychological impact on him growing up with regards to his mannerisms and the way that he carries himself. All the attention now is going to turn him into an arrogant prick later.

giga

Best casual watch (non sport) under 200$ ??

By sport, do you mean diver and chronograph watches? Dress any of these down with a leather strap and they'll work with casual wear. All automatic except for the first (and cheapest) one.

Seiko SNN233 - $120 (Quartz)

Orient Mako - $120 Black / Blue

Seiko SKX007 - $186

Orient Flight - $137

Orient Ray - $145

You can sometimes find these on sale for around $200. Not really casual, but an fantastic looking time piece:

http://orientwatchusa.com/er24005w
I love the Bambino, but I think it's a little dressy for casual wear. If I was going business casual or higher, I would definitely sport it though. Such a gorgeous dome. Also available in a black face: http://orientwatchusa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=bambino

Deal alert: the Timex Weekender is $15 bucks on Woot right now.

http://www.woot.com/offers/timex-we...il&utm_term=0_c5ca76da11-9d94235b88-293918885

The one with the purple strap is the one that has the easy strap removal AFAIK. The rest use the spring bars so there's an extra step if you wanna customize it with different straps.

Thanks for posting this. Bought one when I remembered that my dad use to repair watches so he has a ton of watch straps lying around their house. Practically a gold mine lol. I wonder what he has when I visit again.

Thanks giga, going to look for those Orients, damn nice.

Went on a spree today, said fuck it and bought some nice items...

Nudie Jeans button up shirt, really nice the fit.
7S2TgT2.jpg

Nudie Jeans slim fit, japanese denim.. Again awesome fit. (pardon my feet)
E6aHpLD.jpg

Marshall Artist Fall blazer. Thick and perfect fit for our cold weathers.
n3g2pNP.jpg

Yeah the pockets are woven with leather detail.. The bigger pockets close using magnets within the jacket. Same leather is also used for elbow patches. Really digging the look...

Looks completely ridiculous tbh.
But if you can pull it off...

Well,

I'd like to try to get out of my comfort zone: i've checked my closet and well there is very nice, safe but boring trench coat that make me look like some kind of Stasi officer.

Obviously i could just look like a doofus with it then off to ebay, but well i'll take my chances.

You think I could rock a cape mac?
let's work on slutty tees first

I can't find the levis Sta prest jeans anywhere. Not even online; specifically the 306s in white.

I like the idea of a cotton/polyester blend. :(
They look like standard twill chinos, surely you can find some in white from uniqlo h&m etc? Why cotton/poly, for wrinkle resistance? If that's the case, anything with about 5% stretch will pretty much do the same thing.

I can't find the levis Sta prest jeans anywhere. Not even online; specifically the 306s in white.

They're selling Sta-Prest Levi's again, but you'll only find them in indigo or as chinos, in red or light grey. At least that's what I've seen in-store.

White though... It might me oos or simply not made anymore.

Good luck.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Got super frustrated shopping for button-ups tonight. Seems because I'm so small and unwilling/unable to pay $100+ for a shirt, that my destiny is to wear nothing but plaid forever. :(

Thanks for posting this. Bought one when I remembered that my dad use to repair watches so he has a ton of watch straps lying around their house. Practically a gold mine lol. I wonder what he has when I visit again.

Thanks for the heads up. I went with white/brown for a more classic look in keeping with my workplace.

Nice. I've only had mine for two days but I've gotten good reviews about the watch. Funny thing is, they get shocked when it's a "cheap" Timex watch lol. They apparently have never thought that Timex can produce decent looking watches haha.

Try a Levi's outlet. I saw a pair a month ago at my local outlet but they had no size. I either had to shrink my waist down to 26 or sag them like a gangsta at 42. :(

Top Bottom