• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
Mere.MereCopperCharcoal.01.Mere_Copper_Charcoal.600.jpg

tumblr_lom5x98CeH1r05ngco1_400_thumb.jpg

Spray painted denim
Cubism_Moonstone-pigment-wash1.jpg

Amazing sweather
THE-MANTLE-NAVY-FRONT.jpg

Love the short long bottoms
nov_online_chron-24211.jpg

NOVA-JKT-FRONT21.jpg

mblitek

Copped this Scotch & Soda jacket today from work. Didn't really need it but also didn't pay anything for it so

Fits a bit big in the body on me, but fine other than that, making me some what glad I went with a 44 in my TOJ jacket (yes I'm still indecisive about that).

I like that. I'll have to check it out!

The world isn't ready for that.

Hahaha, too much awesome in one spot. It would be a fashion singularity

Edit:

There were only two pairs of the Allen Edmonds Dalton - Walnut in Sz 15 in all of North America! Of course they don't ship to Canada so I bought them from an Allen Edmonds in Phoenix, then ship them to my friend's Aunt's place then the goal is to get them to me! They better freakin fit.

Kwixotik

Anyone know where I can cop some good looking joggers for cheap? All the ones I like are like $80 and my poor ass isn't about to be spending $80 on sweatpants.

Goku

Banned
Hey Guys, I'm going to wedding to a wedding next month and I'm looking for a nice suite style. I want a nice original look. Something that deviates from the standard all black/ all grey suits. The blazer doesn't neccerarily have to be the same colour as the pants. You guys have any ideas? My body type is slim. Man this is hard :(

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Man I was just thinking about how I never see ripped jeans in relevant stores anymore. Feel free to respond with a "welcome to 2010". I just think its interesting.

Hey Guys, I'm going to wedding to a wedding next month and I'm looking for a nice suite style. I want a nice original look. Something that deviates from the standard all black/ all grey suits. The blazer doesn't neccerarily have to be the same colour as the pants. You guys have any ideas? My body type is slim. Man this is hard :(
You shouldn't be wearing a black suit to a wedding, ever. That's funeral attire.

Anyway, why not look into a nice blue suit? Something lighter than navy. There are a lot of cool blue shades out there nowadays. Outside of that, look into brown, preferably a heavy wool or tweed? If you live in a warm climate then tan could be acceptable too (though typically reserved for spring/summer).

I'm still trying to keep it versatile for you so that it's a worthwhile investment. Keep in mind, patterns are always a great way to spice up what would typically be a standard grey. Some sort of plaid for instance. Don't go all out with like a red blazer and light pants either. You want to look good but you can't upstage the groom. Save that for your big day.

Looks like I'm about to blow out the crotch on my power stretches.
The midnight power stretches? Already? Or do you mean the black? My red cores are just about retired so I know that feel.

Blacks, bought them last november.

What sucks is now I gotta get another pair of black power stretch because they're so brilliant in every way and midnight stretch because they fade so perfectly.

My black N&F's are the Solid Black Selvedge and I love them. They're identical to the stretch, minus the elastane.

I'll need to find a new primary denim to wear though once these red cores kick the bucket. They're starting to get a little too red for me.

Man I was just thinking about how I never see ripped jeans in relevant stores anymore. Feel free to respond with a "welcome to 2010". I just think its interesting.

join the slp life bro, and reel the rip.

speaking of which, i've never blown out the crotch on jeans. what am i doing wrong? how can i get some sweet ballrip action?

Zekes!

I'm thinking about trying APCs next year

My favourite fit of denim is a pair of Levis women's selvedge boyfriend jeans I got last winter. Both skinny and roomy at the same time, with a super narrow leg opening. I always said if I was to make a denim line, I'd make a cut based on them.

Salsa

sis is in NY, she's gonna go through uniqlo, h&m, etc

im lookin to bring something over just to take advantage of it. Anything cool and cheap. I know nothin of US stores but so far H&M has some really nice prices and uniqlo is pretty crap

sis is in NY, she's gonna go through uniqlo, h&m, etc

im lookin to bring something over just to take advantage of it. Anything cool and cheap. I know nothin of US stores but so far H&M has some really nice prices and uniqlo is pretty crap
Those aren't American though. H&M is Swedish and Uniqlo is Japanese. At least get Levi's or something.

is there gonna be anything at those stores that you can't get in brazil (or wherever you are)? At least go to supreme or something with local flavor that isn't everywhere else on the planet.

from around 2002, last season the cotton/silk stuff was produced iirc. stuff randomly pops up on yoox, most of the jackets/coats/jeans on there right now are blatantly from the original label.

Goku

Banned
You shouldn't be wearing a black suit to a wedding, ever. That's funeral attire.

Anyway, why not look into a nice blue suit? Something lighter than navy. There are a lot of cool blue shades out there nowadays. Outside of that, look into brown, preferably a heavy wool or tweed? If you live in a warm climate then tan could be acceptable too (though typically reserved for spring/summer).

I'm still trying to keep it versatile for you so that it's a worthwhile investment. Keep in mind, patterns are always a great way to spice up what would typically be a standard grey. Some sort of plaid for instance. Don't go all out with like a red blazer and light pants either. You want to look good but you can't upstage the groom. Save that for your big day.

Thanks, nice suggestions. I myself am coloured I'd like to avoid the brown shade. What I like from your suggested colors:

Suits_Navy_Plain_Napoli_P2778_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg
Suits_Light_Blue_Plain_Havana_P3698_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg

Suits_Blue_Plain_Washington_P3484_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg
5Hv4Ck8.jpg

I'd like a more vibrant colour tie though.

Thanks, nice suggestions. I myself am coloured I'd like to avoid the brown shade. What I like from your suggested colors:

Suits_Navy_Plain_Napoli_P2778_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg
Suits_Light_Blue_Plain_Havana_P3698_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg

Suits_Blue_Plain_Washington_P3484_Suitsupply_Online_Store_1.jpg
5Hv4Ck8.jpg

I'd like a more vibrant colour tie though.

one and four look very nice. I might even think of getting myself a suit like number four when I lose a few more kilos.

I like them all really. But I don't like the pricetag lol.
Who makes them and how much? I think the first two are fantastic options, with the first certainly being more versatile. You won't regret buying a suit in that color.

EDIT: Oh Suitsupply duh.

overcast

What do you guys do to wear suits often? Legitimately curious.

Don't think I'll ever be needing to wear it that often. Luckily for me I have a blazer for certain events. I'm pretty young to be wearing them anyway.

Goku

Banned
Who makes them and how much? I think the first two are fantastic options, with the first certainly being more versatile. You won't regret buying a suit in that color.

EDIT: Oh Suitsupply duh.

I think all of them are 299 euro.

Don't think I'll ever be needing to wear it that often. Luckily for me I have a blazer for certain events. I'm pretty young to be wearing them anyway.

I don't wear suits often, just weddings and such. I usually wear the same suit to different weddings, but this one is high profile and I really need a good suit. I bought a 200 euro suit last year (discount drom 400), but I've slimmer now and that suits is kinda wide for me now, I want a slim fit.

giga

Finance and banking industry.

Fall is arriving. Can anyone recommend some nice henleys? I just got an email from Outlier that they have merino ones that look pretty slick, but I'm worried even XXL in their sizing would be too small. Do they even lift?

I really like my N&Fs but is there anything I can do to make them stop turning my white AF1s blue?

They've already been soaked?

Blackhead

Redarse

You're missing out man, you're never too young for a fashion-forward suit:

Fall is arriving. Can anyone recommend some nice henleys? I just got an email from Outlier that they have merino ones that look pretty slick, but I'm worried even XXL in their sizing would be too small. Do they even lift?
Isaora has a beautiful XL henley on sale.

bob page

3 times a week. Most people at my office just wear button down shirt + pressed slacks (+ tie maybe), but I like to opt for a suit because I never know who I'll run into.

When I visit my clients, it's an always-suit policy. Even if they're wearing polos & jeans.

Top Bottom