• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

LuffyZoro

I'm cut now :( Will start bulking after the wedding on november first. I'm quite surprised that my size isn't more common, there way slimmer people than I am. I don't find my body proportions out of the ordinairy to be honest. I'd buy a size 44 (euro) in a heartbeat if it weren't for that douche at SuitSupply who said I should go 42. I'll make a comparison picture between 44 and 42 tomorrow.

Man, I'm 38 American and really slim. I can't imagine a 32.

149894.jpg

or

769427.jpg

(mirrored)

or

760734.jpg

or

hmprod

?

Cheers guys. One day I'll ask a question on gaf and get a unanimous answer, not today though :p

I'm leaning towards the first pair.

The last pair only cost £4, but I wouldn't be wearing them much anyway so poor build quality shouldn't be a problem in theory. Will look in-store first :)

Yes, I bought everything already but the black jacket I brought back home to try on for size and opinion. So I'm going to get the brown one though. Agreed there. Besides a henley what kind of things should I wear underneath it? The henley has nice detail buttons on the cuffs too. Fits great.
I would think you'd be able to wear some casual button up shirts with that jacket. Could probably even throw it over a hooded sweatshirt on a cooler day.

This is me trying on a size 42 blazer, for size purposes(big image): http://i.imgur.com/LoEXU7c.jpg

A size 44 I do fit, but it's not as tailored as size 42, especially around the chest area.
Yeah, there's no way you're a true 32 American. Something must be off with their sizing cause you look to be at least in the 36 range.

Granted, there's only so much we can gauge from a photo. Douche or not, I'd trust the guy at the store. If you don't, go get measured elsewhere and see what they say.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Man, I'm 38 American and really slim. I can't imagine a 32.
It is partially being really slim, and partially being small overall. I haven't measured myself, but I'm 5'7" and standard american small shirts fit me, so I'm 34-36. Maybe more toward 34, but that may be according to how some shirts shrink, so I'm not entirely sure. I just know if I started lifting I'd have to buy all new shirts relatively soon. I've met guys who have my ratios, yet 5 inches or so shorter, so they are x-small, in the range you mention.

mblitek

I would think you'd be able to wear some casual button up shirts with that jacket. Could probably even throw it over a hooded sweatshirt on a cooler day.

/QUOTE]

Could you do a denim shirt, or are denim shirts no-no's? They had the jacket over a plaid brown/brown button up. What are other acceptable colours...or non-acceptable colours?

And what are some good pants besides jeans?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
You should be grateful. Even such simple things don't exist in wide. ㅜㅜ

asked in the sneakers thread but no one responded, does anyone know of a store that carries the New Balance backpack 501's? I want to try them on before picking up a pair

f0rk

What do you guys think about this for a short stay travel bag? I can't find any pictures of someone carrying it to get a good idea of the size

Mumei

So, I got a pair of Express jeans today (sale~), and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how prone they are to shrinking - and if they are, how you wash / dry them.

Thanks, FashionGAF~

Extra baggy shirt because I know how much lucky hates loose fitting clothing.

join #teamloose and be comfortable.
My blood is boiling just looking at that shirt.

What do you guys think about this for a short stay travel bag? I can't find any pictures of someone carrying it to get a good idea of the size
The big itself is alright but I don't like the camo print, and I'm typically a big camo fan. How about something like this?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
How do you guys take care of your shirts? Dry cleaning is too expensive in NYC (~$5 per shirt) so I usually get them washed + starched, but I just had two shirts ruined by my cleaners so I'm looking for alternatives.

Zekes!

Thanks ya'll for reminding me I need a new iron

am I weird for enjoying ironing my shirts at 12 am. Throw on some music and I just get in the zone sometimes

I'm having such clothing struggle right now. I want a leopard print scarf ($800) and black denim jacket ($1050) to complete my SLP leopard outfit, but then I also want one of the SLP flannel shirts ($700), and one of the scarves ($450). I was gonna sell my DH boots for the similar SLP ones ($1000), but I could put that money towards the other stuff and not have taupe suede boots, or I could just not sell them at all. And then today I saw this awesome Balenciaga padded varsity jacket with the 'Join A Weird Trip' picture sewed onto the back (~$2000), but then I wouldn't be able to get any of the other stuff. I'm also selling a bunch of clothes that should give me about ~$1200, so I should just barely be able to afford one of the options. I'm leaning towards the SLP leopard print stuff just because I already have the boots and leopard print shirt, but the varsity just seems to be so much more versatile. What do I doooo

lupin23rd

Having a nice corduroy sports jacket made but I know I'm going to find it pretty chilly outside by the time i get it, and so I'm starting to look into some sweaters.

Trouble is I'm on the short side of things (sub-5'5") and so not sure what some good brands are that would have smaller sizes (and not be TOO form fitting)? Uniqlo was pretty good while I was in Japan but I'm no longer there.

Don't mind spending a bit more although I like the idea of finding a good fit, and being able to buy multiple colors.

Not even sure what style I want... I'm partial to the crew neck but not sure the look works with a sports jacket? I'd prefer to just do a collared shirt than a collared shirt under a v-neck. I haven't even seen a turtleneck in any store I've checked out, are they dead? Or is half-zip the thing now? Am I missing anything?

I'm having such clothing struggle right now. I want a leopard print scarf ($800) and black denim jacket ($1050) to complete my SLP leopard outfit, but then I also want one of the SLP flannel shirts ($700), and one of the scarves ($450). I was gonna sell my DH boots for the similar SLP ones ($1000), but I could put that money towards the other stuff and not have taupe suede boots, or I could just not sell them at all. And then today I saw this awesome Balenciaga padded varsity jacket with the 'Join A Weird Trip' picture sewed onto the back (~$2000), but then I wouldn't be able to get any of the other stuff. I'm also selling a bunch of clothes that should give me about ~$1200, so I should just barely be able to afford one of the options. I'm leaning towards the SLP leopard print stuff just because I already have the boots and leopard print shirt, but the varsity just seems to be so much more versatile. What do doooo
Put 300 of those dollars towards buying me a plane ticket and I'll come help you make this decision in person.

Seriously though $800 scarf what. At least give us pics of the items in question.

So wtf is with leather shoes + no socks?
I think it's a great look for Spring/Summer. I don't like the look with suits, but it pairs well with a blazer and some chinos.

Top Bottom