• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

My Dior Homme AW07 'Different Tensions' mohair sweater came in today. Such a good fit, super slim, but not in a 'show off your muscles' kind of way. I had previously bought one of the mohair sweaters in size small, but it was far too big on me. Size XS was the way to go.

Close up of the unique stitching that gives the sweater it's namsake:

image_zps25a6b3f4.jpg
(not my photo)

And me wearing the sweater:

For some reason, I look super bulky in this picture. Let me assure you, I'm not. Trick of perspective, I suppose.

Slowly but surely, I'm piecing together the DH AW07 look. Next stop - the boots.

overcast

I need some skinnier blue jeans. Mine don't cut it anymore. I have reverted to wearing my blue chinos, grey pants, tan pants, and black jeans. Sometimes you need a pair of regular jeans.

knowledge is power bro

and I didn't know they were still around, those yahoo groups. are they hedi exclusive or can you get some kva goods? cuz I still want one of those transparent blazers:

and some other amish kva-dior shit

yeah, dh from ss10-ss12 was some good shit. a completely different aesthetic then hedi-era, perhaps, but still some good shit. i'm actually part of a facebook group called 'Dior Homme Buy/Sell/Trade', which includes KVA era stuff. you could also try victimofthecrime.com, which was just started by some group members. i know i'm considering picking up an aw10 long cardigan right now, though i'm not sure quite how to wear it.

kaskade

ASOS is having a 20% off unidays for the next 48 hours. I think I might pick up a fisherman beanie. It's getting cold out.

yeah, dh from ss10-ss12 was some good shit. a completely different aesthetic then hedi-era, perhaps, but still some good shit. i'm actually part of a facebook group called 'Dior Homme Buy/Sell/Trade', which includes KVA era stuff. you could also try victimofthecrime.com, which was just started by some group members. i know i'm considering picking up an aw10 long cardigan right now, though i'm not sure quite how to wear it.

that almost makes me wish i had a Facebook account

friday

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I got a pair of $20 Uniqlo slim jeans two weeks ago and they are the best looking cheap jeans I have ever had. Puts Levis to shame.

Do these fit more like 511 or 510s (since you made the Levis comparison)?

Also, that might be the best OT I've ever seen, gaming or otherwise. Why are there astronauts with machine guns?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Hmm, I'm more of a 510 guy, but I do like that the uniqlos have spandex (which some of my Levis do and some don't; gotta love their inconsistency) and the price is certainly right for a trial purchase. Thanks.

over that OT?? seems harsh

He responded to an innocent question by calling the poster poor and telling him he could fill his entire house with money or something of that nature, don't remember the specifics.

Any recommendations for a nice fall jacket that could go with as many colors as possible? 150-300 price range would be my limit.

Another question, how do Nudie jeans run in size approximately compared to the Levi 5'11s? 31/31 in those, although of course on the length I have to go up.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
lunchbro is pretty hilarious when he's not shilling AE and Abercrombie. He should've been knighted for those posts, not banned.

f0rk

lunchbro is pretty hilarious when he's not shilling AE and Abercrombie. He should've been knighted for those posts, not banned.

It is the same character though. You want to knight a troll you've got to except him in all the threads not just the ones you personally want to take seriously.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
It is the same character though. You want to knight a troll you've got to except him in all the threads not just the ones you personally want to take seriously.

Quite true. Although with all this computery stuff, surely there's a way to encourage lunchbro and also bar him from posting in this thread ;)

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I'd like suggestions for a lightweight jacket. Anyone have any? I have a slim build, if that helps.

I like my Scotch & Soda canvas jacket; clean and uncluttered design, not at all bulky, and yet still sturdy enough to stand up to the rough Seattle fall winds and rain. Have tried on a few of their others recently (simply out of curiosity rather than interest in adding yet another jacket to my swollen closet) that felt quite nice, too.

Petit standard more taper
New standard a little bit of taper
Rescues straight leg, wider thighs
New Petit standard falls between the two
New cures a bit of flare at the end and tighter up top

Cool. I was in Nordstrom a few days ago and didn't know the difference. I'm going back tonight to try some on.

TylerD

Two months after moving to West Texas (Lubbock) and I have decided that there really is no point in buying any expensive designer stuff. My thick framed Hugo Boss glasses, well fitting polos, single color tees, slim fitting pants and raw denim make me stand out in a class above just about every other guy around.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Two months after moving to West Texas (Lubbock) and I have decided that there really is no point in buying any expensive designer stuff. My thick framed Hugo Boss glasses, well fitting polos, single color tees, slim fitting pants and raw denim make me stand out in a class above just about every other guy around.

...isn't that the point?

Top Bottom