• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

A new denim brand based out of Vancouver Second Narrow has an interesting cut for one of their lines. The inseam twists around the leg so it creates a stacked look.

tumblr_inline_mws9oqDcqe1qg3svj.jpg

1466230_545893502166835_1859244400_n.jpg

That pair of boots looks very good.

The jeans in the other hand... damn, what an imbecile look. I can't believe there is somebody out there who thinks that massive excess of material looks flattering.

It's like you still need to go shopping with your mom, cause you don't know crap about correct fit.

Just got back from SLP, new blazer in hand. They already have a ton of SS14 stuff. I don't get it, just as it's starting to get legitimately cold and SS is already here. If there's one thing I truly hate about the fashion cycle it's how quick everything moves. I don't want a tank top damnit. Shits cold!

Just got back from SLP, new blazer in hand. They already have a ton of SS14 stuff. I don't get it, just as it's starting to get legitimately cold and SS is already here. If there's one thing I truly hate about the fashion cycle it's how quick everything moves. I don't want a tank top damnit. Shits cold!

You're supposed to plan ahead by one or two seasons.

catmincer

So I don't know where else to ask this and it's sort of related to fashion I suppose, but I got a decent bonus at work so I want to treat myself to a new wallet. I really like this Prada one and I'd assume considering the price that it'll be decent quality and not fall apart quickly, however before I throw down cash on it can anyone suggest something similar, that is decent quality. Yes, I want something in blue.

http://store.prada.com/en/US/man/wallets/bi-fold/2M1077_053_F0216

overcast

Any suggestions what to wear with dark green slim fit chinos? I just got a pair at Uniqlo.
I think that's a versatile color. A white button up seems like it would be great. I imagine a lot of patterns would look nice.

Somebody here will know better than I though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I don't know where else to ask this and it's sort of related to fashion I suppose, but I got a decent bonus at work so I want to treat myself to a new wallet. I really like this Prada one and I'd assume considering the price that it'll be decent quality and not fall apart quickly, however before I throw down cash on it can anyone suggest something similar, that is decent quality. Yes, I want something in blue.

http://store.prada.com/en/US/man/wallets/bi-fold/2M1077_053_F0216

I'm not really a fan of wearing wallets since the bulge in your pockets can look pretty unseemly sometimes. I'd suggest getting a money clip or a simple card holder.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Besides a white tee, what would go with dark jeans and brown leather boots (Similar to ones posted above)

overcast

Besides a white tee, what would go with dark jeans and brown leather boots (Similar to ones posted above)
Similar to what was said about the dark green. That's a combination that will probably go with just about any shirt. Red and orange might look weird, but that's about it.

50% off barneys warehouse right now. I was on the fence about some purple suede Ann Demeulemeester slip-ons but somebody solved that one for me.

jts

...hate me...
Guys I bought these boots online from Amazon (UK):

41V1Pr3tUkL._SX395_.jpg

So here's the thing. I wear sneakers almost exclusively, so I ordered my normal size kind of blindly, since I felt wrong about going in a store for the purpose of figuring out what's my size in these.

And with them on, they feel like an inch too loose. If I tighten up the laces it's not so bad at all and I can really walk around.

So... not having worn boots since I was a kid, is it acceptable to have them like this? Is it normal that they can feel loosy with the laces untied... or are they supposed to be snug as fuck at all times?

Unfortunately, returning them is not much of an option.

Lirlond

Boots are designed to be loose so you can get your feet (wider than your ankles) into the ankle holes, you then tie them so that they are snug,

ASOS has a 25% off discount going right now, for some reason can't get the code to work though. Anyone else try it?

Would be real swell if you'd post the code. :p

EDIT: Never mind. It's GETGIFTS and it looks like it expired at 6:59pm EST. Was planning on ordering several things from ASOS too; the 25% off would have been real nice.

My new SLP blazer. I'm not great at judging tailoring, so I'm gonna differ to you guys on this. I'm thinking about getting it taken in a little on the sides, so that's it's slimmer in the body, and maybe getting the sleeves shortened an inch? What do guys you think?

Oh, and if anyone truly cares, everything I'm wearing is SLP except for the shirt, which is Acne.

My new SLP blazer. I'm not great at judging tailoring, so I'm gonna differ to you guys on this. I'm thinking about getting it taken in a little on the sides, so that's it's slimmer in the body, and maybe getting the sleeves shortened an inch? What do guys you think?

Oh, and if anyone truly cares, everything I'm wearing is SLP except for the shirt, which is Acne.
I wouldn't touch it, honestly. Sleeves are perfect and if you take it in too much in the sides, it's going to start bunching in the back and pulling in the front, neither of which look good.

Of course, if you have a good relationship with any of your local tailors, I'd still recommend bringing it in and seeing if there's anything he can do to make it look even sharper. I always feel weird throwing on blazers right from the rack.

Side note, I'm jealous as fuck. I've been going on a black binge lately and I've decided to get myself a black blazer as well. That one looks perfect.

Yeah, I'll probably take it in to SLP just to see if, as you said, they could do anything to make it look even sharper. Complimentary tailoring there.

Glad you're finally seeing the black side Lucky. Of all the pieces I've bought in the past two months, only one of them wasn't black. I might have a problem.

I love how distorted my face looks in the second picture. Gotta love phone cameras.

Fashion GAF help me out! I mentioned in passing a few weeks ago to my girlfriend about wanting a Member's Only racer jacket and now she's hellbent on getting me one for Chirstmas, but I can't decide on the color. What do you guys suggest and how is the fit of the jacket? I've heard that it can be kind of weird.

MegalonJJ

Banned

Looks good, however (and I suppose this is preference) in the first photograph it looks like the lapel is bowing slightly.

jts

...hate me...
loose where? the shaft or width?
Sorry nude I didn't see your question. Length I'd say. I think there's like like 1/2 to 1in between my toe and the boot. Not sure since I can't touch it.

But tbh meanwhile I walked around with them all day. It was gud and comfortable. Turns out I was just freaking out a bit.

Top Bottom