• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I can't believe I missed this, but it was announced a couple days ago that Helmut Lang menswear was going to be relaunched under Alexandre Plokhov. Awesome!

0OoO0

Should I get this sweater from isaora? Anyone have any experience with this brand?

LL

I can get it for 40% off which brings it down to $195. Little bit expensive but I like the texture...

NinjaBoiX

Any idea for boots that are:

1. Very affordable
2. Not too boot-y and as versatile as possible
3. Available in Europe.

Loved my Boxfresh Chuks, so something kinda similar would be nice.

boxfresh-chuk-leather-lyp-dark-brown-16935401_set.jpg%3F%24m%24%26defaultImage%3Dno_pic

Open for anything though, so fire away!
I got these from my bro for Christmas. They're a similar style, but maybe more trainer than shoe, which fits your versatile requirement.

oOecGlS.jpg

kQbG6pi.jpg

The canvas strip around the top of the sole is a nice touch. Super comfy too.

Anyway, they're only Fred Perry, so I can't imagine they were hugely expensive. UK by the way.

Edit: In the interests of full disclosure, I just checked the box, they're the "Como" apparently.

Fashion GAF.

I need a new jacket, Something that will last me the autumn but do for me summer also (UK Summer to be fair). I have large shoulders so most jackets I buy I come off looking like a thug.

Nothing too expensive. £50-£70.

Any ideas?

Does anyone own anything from American Giant? I love trying out different brands of sweatshirts and I saw them profiled on ABC World News Tonight. Even for someone who loves to buy American, spending $80 for a zip up sweatshirt is stiff especially when there are USA Made winter coats for that price.

TheExodu5

Banned
I need help. I need a winter jacket that I can wear with dress shirts or a business casual look.

I usually wear a worn leather jacket with a hoodie for added warmth...and I think it would probably look rather silly.

alucrid looking good b
I need help. I need a winter jacket that I can wear with dress shirts or a business casual look.

I usually wear a worn leather jacket with a hoodie for added warmth...and I think it would probably look rather silly.
A simple peacoat should suffice, or something with a button front

TheExodu5

Banned
what's your budget?

Was hoping to buy under $150.

Found a jacket for $130. Not a peacoat but it was the only thing I could find with an okay fit...shopping in my size sucks. Think it'll do? It's wool and has a nice look to it, but I'm not sure if the bomber style dresses it down too much. Would have preferred a button front but this is all I could come up with on short notice.

(don't mind the price tag on the scarf or the recycling bin behind me :p):

why aint we got no new mac pics

also buy this

acne-silver-jacket01.jpg

one of the s.a's at the acne store was wearing that jacket. looked jank as fuck. for some reason, acne leathers feel really terrible in quality to me.

anyways, the scarf I drunk bought from saint laurent? for some reason, all the money i spent on it got returned to me, but the scarf is still en route to my house. so, awesome!

TheExodu5

Banned
Ugh....seriously wish I was able to find a proper peacoat tonight. Not sure if I want to keep this coat or not. I need something for tomorrow night. =\

Other problem is, no matter what I buy, I'm going to be freezing. -38C tomorrow night...so hopefully I'm not outside for long.

Alucrid

Banned
one of the s.a's at the acne store was wearing that jacket. looked jank as fuck. for some reason, acne leathers feel really terrible in quality to me.

anyways, the scarf I drunk bought from saint laurent? for some reason, all the money i spent on it got returned to me, but the scarf is still en route to my house. so, awesome!

did you have to shield your eyes from it for a second?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HELMUT-LANG...58563?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shorts&hash=item5af9b3aca3
“The back of the pants were slightly burned. Leather has some wear. Please look at images carefully ”

Everything about this is perfect.

Ugh....seriously wish I was able to find a proper peacoat tonight. Not sure if I want to keep this coat or not. I need something for tomorrow night. =\

Other problem is, no matter what I buy, I'm going to be freezing. -38C tomorrow night...so hopefully I'm not outside for long.
Well, if you aren't really feeling it, I would skip. $130 is a lot for a jacket you aren't really feeling, IMO. What kind of sizing issues are you having when looking for clothes, generally?

And yeah, -30+ sucks. Not much to stave that off outside of a thermal-lined peacoat, monster down coat, or a shearling jacket, neither of which are in great supply or particularly low-cost. The internet can be a good resource for this kind of stuff, but that requires a bit of time.

Should I get this sweater from isaora? Anyone have any experience with this brand?

LL

I can get it for 40% off which brings it down to $195. Little bit expensive but I like the texture...
I've heard some mixed feedback, but I have no personal experience. not very helpful, I know. I dig the texture, too.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well, if you aren't really feeling it, I would skip. $130 is a lot for a jacket you aren't really feeling, IMO. What kind of sizing issues are you having when looking for clothes, generally?

Honestly, I kind of like the jacket...was just so unsure since it's a style of jacket I've never really seen, at least not in wool. Got input from a few girls and they really liked it so I'm feeling better about it now. :)

As for sizing, I'm a Small. 5'7 and 160lbs...shouldn't be this hard but most stores tend to stock Large and up...Medium and below is tough to find.

Now I just need a nice pair of boots. I really want to pick up a pair of Wolverine 1000 Miles...not sure if I can find em in town tomorrow though. What color would you guys recommend?

I don't think it looks bad, the sleeves are a little shapeless. I think it would be ok for casual-dressy use. Doesn't look like something that would keep you very warm in -30, unless you did some heavy layering. You sound like you'd fit in a standard eu46 pretty well, so tuck that away for future internet scavenging use.

Re: boots, I don't know where you live, but you should be able to find either wolverine 1000 mile or a similar red wing if you live in a metro area.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't think it looks bad, the sleeves are a little shapeless. I think it would be ok for casual-dressy use. Doesn't look like something that would keep you very warm in -30, unless you did some heavy layering. You sound like you'd fit in a standard eu46 pretty well, so tuck that away for future internet scavenging use.

Re: boots, I don't know where you live, but you should be able to find either wolverine 1000 mile or a similar red wing if you live in a metro area.

Well I'm in Ottawa...not the best place for fashion, but I'm sure I could find them if I knew where to look.

As for the sleeves, slimmer would be better? I'll get myself a nicer coat next year, just need to know what to look for.

looks like a windowpane peacoat; beyond that I couldn't say. A more traditional, upper-end menswear store would probably have something like this.
Well I'm in Ottawa...not the best place for fashion, but I'm sure I could find them if I knew where to look.

As for the sleeves, slimmer would be better? I'll get myself a nicer coat next year, just need to know what to look for.
Well there is this place

http://wolfandzed.com/collections/wolverine/men

And yeah, the jacket is the right size, just a bit on the blocky side. You could probably get it nipped/tucked without too much expense, just stop by an alterations place and get a price. Slimming the body/sleeves is pretty standard stuff.

TheExodu5

Banned
looks like a windowpane peacoat; beyond that I couldn't say. A more traditional, upper-end menswear store would probably have something like this.

Well there is this place

http://wolfandzed.com/collections/wolverine/men

Yeah only place I could find, but they only have them size 11-12 and in tan. =\

I guess I could see if they can order some in. Problem is, I'm not sure how they're going to fit. Size 9 is probably about right, but you can never be sure.

Picked up a pair of Vans 14oz Maderos with some no shows for Spring, which is like five months away. I dunno. Obviously not my pic.

ibusgUjKiIj0Mf.jpg

Also navy and grey sweaters from J Crew and a grey skullie since I lost my last one. And a pair of Chandlers from Warby Parker. Woody Allen chic, mother fuckers.

Fashion-GAF, where can I find solid t-shirts with a good fit. I usually buy them from Everlane, but I'm not digging the colors that they've got right now. It doesn't have to be solid, I just don't want it to be crowded with colors or over designed.
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom