• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Anyone doing anything big with their New Years Eve outfits tonight?

I tried looking for a black blazer for tonight but Nordstrom didn't have any in my size. Regardless, that's going to be my next big purchase once I can find one.

Jeels

got this coat. relatively cheap, and something I feel I can wear anywhere. thoughts?

jt-product

jt-product

BadTaste105 said:
Try Ebay? I spent a couple hours yesterday browsing through Asos, River Island and Cult 'til I stumbled into Ebay and ended up spending £58 on 4 different pieces of gear there. (Jacket, Sweatpants, Belt, Beanie)

Thanks, I'll try there!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Picked up a pair of Vans 14oz Maderos with some no shows for Spring, which is like five months away. I dunno. Obviously not my pic.

ibusgUjKiIj0Mf.jpg

I have that same pair. They're okay, though the flap thing at the back digs into my heel and makes it bleed. The grey color also dirties easily.

Antagon

Grenson has a large sale on their official site. Lots of models, large discounts, lots of sizes. Definitely worth a look of you like their style.

Good place to get some casual shirts?

Massively broad question I know but any suggestions will do - just looking for some inspiration away from the usual places.

Kyne

what's your first impression on these casual boots?

bboots_zpsc4b3059d.png

I don't have a lot to spend and I'm looking for something effective.

Salazar

Good place to get some casual shirts?

Massively broad question I know but any suggestions will do - just looking for some inspiration away from the usual places.

Sorry Viva - I got no clues. My most recent shirt purchase was a Margaret Howell light blue poplin number, and much as I love it, it was a fool move to spend that money on it.

EG Workwear jacket arrived. Love it. They weren't kidding about it being generously sized, though. A Small is pleasantly loose on me.

NinjaBoiX

Evol, I got a hooded bomber jacket by Peter Werth, it started to fall to bits within weeks. I might've just been unlucky, but hey, that's my experience with them.

EVOL 100%

Evol, I got a hooded bomber jacket by Peter Werth, it started to fall to bits within weeks. I might've just been unlucky, but hey, that's my experience with them.

Jesus, thanks. Not buying that then. For something that's originally 160 euro you'd think it'd have nice quality.

Yikes I'm not even sure what that is trying to be. Four buttons and that high button stance? Those lapels?

I like blazers with small and high lapels :(

It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

I don't know if any of you guys noticed but a bunch of the sites in the OP are having sales right now.

In fact on amrag right now our favorite animal print shirts are on sale.

Salazar

Jesus, thanks. Not buying that then. For something that's originally 160 euro you'd think it'd have nice quality.

I've only ever bought a floral UW shirt (which holds together and looks legit), but they have some acceptable jackets at the moment.

http://www.universalworks.co.uk/universal-works-black-barra-jacket-ginger-1
http://www.universalworks.co.uk/universal-works-carbon-hyde-jacket-in-japanese-twist-5
http://www.universalworks.co.uk/universal-works-charcoal-quilted-drayton-jacket-in-tomas-1

Kwixotik

I posted a few weeks ago saying I needed a suit. Someone linked me to a J Crew sale that I wish I'd acted on, but I didn't. Anyway, now I have a clear max budget of $400. Anyone know a good brand to look at for that price?

I'm looking for a standard modern fit, charcoal colored suit. Nothing fancy, as it's my first suit and needs to be versatile for different occasions.

giga

Got my outlier 60/30 loosies. The water resistance and four way stretch is so hot. In love.

I posted a few weeks ago saying I needed a suit. Someone linked me to a J Crew sale that I wish I'd acted on, but I didn't. Anyway, now I have a clear max budget of $400. Anyone know a good brand to look at for that price?

I'm looking for a standard modern fit, charcoal colored suit. Nothing fancy, as it's my first suit and needs to be versatile for different occasions.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...t=3&cgid=Suits&prefn1=lineID&prefv1=Blue Line

Got a white shirt from uniqlo. Gonna get that naked and famous selvedge duck canvas this month.

Spring comes rolling around I'm splurging deep on some designer sneakers and the usual t shirts shorts etc.

giga

Got a white shirt from uniqlo. Gonna get that naked and famous selvedge duck canvas this month.

Spring comes rolling around I'm splurging deep on some designer sneakers and the usual t shirts shorts etc.
OCBD? Uniqlo's are really good for the price.

aside from the edwardian collar, no reason why you can't channel that now bb

edit: just a jil sander semisheer cotton stripe scarf, nothing unusual or fancy. you can definitely find a bunch of similar shit on yoox/h&m/etc, or at a local hippie/fair trade clothing shop in your area.

EVOL 100%

Those look pretty nice, yeah. They're sadly out of my budget though, one I posted before was selling for 80 euros.

I had enough clothes anyway /pout

Could someone give me recommendations for sweaters and cardigans in the $50 - $90 range?
yoox bb. right now there are some bellwood and roberto collina sweaters from $60-$100. mauro grifoni and brian dales, too, but they're a little higher. there are a lot of other brands but I only have personal experience with the above.

Do you have the looks to pull that off?

That's not a look an average guy could pull off and not look foolish or "trying too hard"
it's really not that out there, it's just all high quality garments and well-fitting. I mean, we're talking about a knit henley, brown dress pants, and shined loafers, it's not like he's strutting around in a patent leather jumpsuit. trying too hard?

I was at a party once and the next day I woke up next to a chick getting pissed on by another chick. When I tried to leave the "room" I realized it was a closet and we were locked in there. Horrible day.

Haven't posted in a while but this was my last clothing purchase:

Got it for about $45 (after tax) though since it didn't have a price tag on it (it had the barcode but not the price itself) I don't really know how much it cost originally. The grey is darker than the pic (flash from camera, white door).

Top Bottom