• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Visceir

Been working out and trying to put on mass, my jeans are getting smaller and smaller for me and while I don't mind the way they look it does start to feel uncomfortable wearing them at times.

Current ones:
CAM00197.jpg

Tried on these Guess jeans at store, which felt quite nice but were out of my price range:

I'd probably buy them if I could find them somewhere for -20% off, but considering how my weight and thigh size will probably change by summer I think I'm just gonna delay the purchase until then. Last thing I want is to spend all that money and then have the pants not fit 2 - 3 months from now.

They spray paint on the liquid indigo to give it that subdued waxy feel and look. As far as I know they only did it to their pants and other clothing for F/W 2011.

Bladenic

Anyone use Gilt and Jack Threads? They got some amazing sales today. Are they good with shipping, and more importantly, returns/exchanges if something doesn't fit right?

Anyone use Gilt and Jack Threads? They got some amazing sales today. Are they good with shipping, and more importantly, returns/exchanges if something doesn't fit right?

I used JT for accessories. I got a watch that died after a week, they really asked no questions when I wanted a refund Shipping is trackable and quick

Cruz

Neo Member
its hard for me to have comfy jeans because i have big thighs from running and working out but its either tight tight jeans or loose jeans at the bottom :/

I think you guys need to look for apc rescue or nudie average joes or naked and famous regular guys. Basically the loosest fits they have. Stop trying to fight your thighs and squeeze into slim or tapered versions of jeans.

Dany

Banned
its hard for me to have comfy jeans because i have big thighs from running and working out but its either tight tight jeans or loose jeans at the bottom :/

I'm in the same situation, runner and workout and my thighs are big lol. I choose slim pants because hey, why fight it. plus all the ladies and/or fellas wont mind :p

If you wear a purple shirt with a black waistcoat/vest/whatever you call it in English over it, what colour should the tie be? Just black to match the waistcoat?

Lirlond

If you wear a purple shirt with a black waistcoat/vest/whatever you call it in English over it, what colour should the tie be? Just black to match the waistcoat?

You can either go Black(boring zzz), either the same colour as the shirt, but a different texture, or a different shade of the shirt, same texture. Or a third colour which compliments both.

Pocks

Been working out and trying to put on mass, my jeans are getting smaller and smaller for me and while I don't mind the way they look it does start to feel uncomfortable wearing them at times.

Current ones:

Tried on these Guess jeans at store, which felt quite nice but were out of my price range:

I'd probably buy them if I could find them somewhere for -20% off, but considering how my weight and thigh size will probably change by summer I think I'm just gonna delay the purchase until then. Last thing I want is to spend all that money and then have the pants not fit 2 - 3 months from now.

What boots are you wearing?

Got a fabric steamer. No more ironing pleb life for me. I cannot recommend it enough.

http://www.stevenalan.com/

20% off site wide when you use WELCOMEAGAIN20 code at checkout. Available on Common Projects, can get a pair for 320 or so, decent deal I think for the white/black color ways.

Sucks they only got the white achilles. I'll be damned if I ever buy white shoes again. Every time I wear them it's like I can't think of anything besides avoiding hazards. Nice to see people posting about sales and stuff though we need more of that here.

friday

I have a small hole forming on the backside of the knee area on my jeans, in the combs. Is that pretty normal and will it continue to grow? I wonder if I should go ahead and get them fixed before this becomes a worse problem.

lenovox1

Not even something like a v-neck? Im still not too comfortable without at least some kind of undershirt. Maybe I need to get over that haha.

It will show through.

I don't know if I learned it here, but I think grey undershirts don't show through. If you're worried about pit stains, that might be an option.

faridmon

OK, guys. I am in the market of buying a new Wallet. Mine just ripped off, so I was thinking one with a good quality and have some fashionable attribute. I was thinking of the Ted Baker's one.

Which one would you recommend?

UK by the way!

faridmon

ettinger, aspinal, paul smith; depending on how fashionable you want to get.

Ettinger and Paul Smith are just a bit tad too expensive for my budget. Aspinal looks like good choice and the price is sort of reasonable, but I don't know if I like the look of them. A bit too formal perhaps. I might go with them, if I happen not to find a good substitute.

As I said, Ted Baker have som fab looking ones such as those:

http://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Mens/Acc...oss-grain-bifold-wallet-Grey/p/109439-05-GREY

http://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Mens/Acc...GE-Bright-bifold-wallet-Blue/p/109499-14-BLUE

http://www.tedbaker.com/uk/Mens/Acc...d-card-wallet-Chocolate/p/108194-22-CHOCOLATE

the second ted baker looks nice; the first has way too much texture for such a small wallet (but could just be the pics) and the last is a little over-detailed.

NinjaBoiX

Faridmon, I got this one for like £16 from TK MAXX.

Vrj44kP.jpg

zd7DX11.jpg

Nice quality dark brown/burgundy leather, well stitched and very slim. I'm happy with it, I hate fussy, bulky wallets.

Top Bottom