• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

lenovox1

is TK Maxx like TJ Maxx?

They're owned by the same company (TJX).

Your tk maxx's ate so much better than ourtj maxx's. I remember dudes on ther forums shamelessly bragging about getting Alexander McQueen coats for $150 ;(

It's a total and complete toss up depending upon locality, but your speaking total truth. The most upmarket brand you'll find at my local TJ Maxx or Marshall's is Calvin Klein.

NinjaBoiX

Thanks Ninja. Now I know where I am heading to tomorrow!
(I hope TKMaxx Birmingham has it)
No worries. It was a diamond in the rough to be fair, a lot of crap to sift through. Have a good old rummage!
Your tk maxx's ate so much better than ourtj maxx's. I remember dudes on ther forums shamelessly bragging about getting Alexander McQueen coats for $150 ;(
You can get some nice stuff, but it's usually hidden amongst a lot of garish tatt. We get a lot of Billabong and Quiksilver in the UK stores. You know, because we all surf and stuff. :/

That wallet in question was marked down twice from £54 to £30 to £16. Steal!

Kyne

Yo manshion. Where's a good place to buy a slim dress shirt? I heard Express might have some.. anywhere else? (Not online)

And I'm talking like actual slim. I'm this weird size that fits just below a normal small.

I bought new navy khakis from Old Navy. They fit really well, but they're a bit billowy past the knee to the bottom. I can get these tapered a little, right? Would it look funny if I do so?

Salazar

Not feeling Paul Smith's Men's SS

VN6s6l4.jpg

Depressed androgyne peachiness ahoy

And a glimpse of Emma Watson in her 40s on the left

obin_gam

Next friday there is an office party. I dont know what to wear. It stands between one or the other for the time being:
A navy blue suit, with a magenta tie and magenta shoes. (I'm thinking just a white shirt for this)
or
A dark-sand colored suit with a black shirt, back belt and black shoes. No tie.

Is the blue option too summery to have in the winter? Are there other colors that would make either suit look better?

how long has helmut lang stuff been made in china? i went to their store in soho last week and all the new collection seemed to be made in china =/

nick nacc

Banned
Where can I find a light colored denim jacket!?! All denim shirts have dumb girly white buttons on them and no store I shop at (....just pacsun adn h@m) have any. I want it to fit me tight and it be high in the back like a motorcycle jacket or something. Heck I can't find a google image of exactly what my minds eye wants.... grrr

lenovox1

Where can I find a light colored denim jacket!?! All denim shirts have dumb girly white buttons on them and no store I shop at (....just pacsun adn h@m) have any. I want it to fit me tight and it be high in the back like a motorcycle jacket or something. Heck I can't find a google image of exactly what my minds eye wants.... grrr

I think they're out of season a bit. But you've got options. I did a quick mental scan for brands I knew that were like H&M and PacSun, and you might see something you like from their selections.

ASOS (widest selection)
Topman
Urban Outfitters
G by Guess
Forever21

lenovox1

What should I do to mix it up a little more though?

Steal a few things from the Bedouins when searching for pants or shirts. Keep it light colored and loose-fitting. Look for thin, natural fabrics that breath like (thin) cotton, linen, and (thin) wool. Nothing tightly woven, like denim, but your options are still broad. And as the Bedouins know, long sleeves and full length pants can actually be better for long periods of time out in the sun, as it prevents you for loosing too much water through evaporation and getting too much sun exposure.

Or you could go the opposite direction, and sex it up in the really thin, stretchy, synthetic, and athletic second skin kind of clothing.

Or you could mix and match.

Going to get my suit tailored this weekend for a wedding coming up, but I need to find a shirt/tie to go with it. I don't want to wear a white shirt underneath, no patterns (which i usually wear) either. My gf is the maid of honor so I'd like to avoid wearing colors similar to what the wedding party is wearing (pink, minty green).

Triad.gif

Would a navy suit, yellow shirt, red patterned tie be too much contrast? Or should I play it safe with just a light blue shirt and a dark blue tie?

Antagon

Going to get my suit tailored this weekend for a wedding coming up, but I need to find a shirt/tie to go with it. I don't want to wear a white shirt underneath, no patterns (which i usually wear) either. My gf is the maid of honor so I'd like to avoid wearing colors similar to what the wedding party is wearing (pink, minty green).

Triad.gif

Would a navy suit, yellow shirt, red patterned tie be too much contrast? Or should I play it safe with just a light blue shirt and a dark blue tie?

Sounds way too loud. I'd go with a white or very light blue shirt. Another option that works well is a soft pink, but I guess you don't want that. A yellow shirt is going to be very hard to pull off.

Top Bottom