• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Post some stuff to help me out here.

mac was right with the floral, but he was going for the wrong type of floral

37533355VE_21_a.jpg
38361686PJ_21_a.jpg

full dries fit
lets do this

starting to get tired of SLP. every season, the same thing. he's even repeating looks! at least at Dior Homme Hedi switched it up every few seasons

You know what's funny is a lot of women want their men to dress nicer but manshion I think is a step too far for them. They just can't appreciate a guy in mesh shirts and floral pants.

I guess it depends on the woman.

Salazar

manshion's worst nightmare

Feels too much like a regression to the mushy food and afternoon nap days.

Not that those days didn't have something going for em. But hey. She gonna put a bow tie on you, Kaep.

Am prepped for indigo raid on Margaret Howell in a couple of weeks. She got a bunch of stores in London, it seems.

starting to get tired of SLP. every season, the same thing. he's even repeating looks! at least at Dior Homme Hedi switched it up every few seasons

he put wheels on his trainers though!

Am prepped for indigo raid on Margaret Howell in a couple of weeks. She got a bunch of stores in London, it seems.

ah you going to the sample sale later this month? i'll keep an eye out for your beard

overcast

Making a trip out to Michigan for the week. I'm not about this snow life guys. Warmest jacket I have is my bomber; gonna have to get creative.

This is really cool. I'm surprised no one is making shirts minus the collar, it looks good.
you can find band collars pretty easily, just not a band collar ocbd with a pocket. it's pretty funny, I assumed band of outsiders would make something like this... close! if all the costume designer did was remove the collar, you could probably have any ol tailor do the same. might be worth getting a cheap jcrew ocbd on sale and see what happens.

manshion's worst nightmare

I'm going shopping with her today. Let's see how this works out.

Feels too much like a regression to the mushy food and afternoon nap days.

Not that those days didn't have something going for em. But hey. She gonna put a bow tie on you, Kaep.

I know man I know.

The shirt is Band of Outsiders and the costume designer chopped the collar off, it seems. Looks like people here have already discussed this in a previous Her thread.

Reddit's MFA went with the DIY approach with some pictures.

I might do this today.

zeopower6

I saw it... didn't know they were asking for $5 billion from UNIQLO. We'll see how it goes.

And for me, the band collar seems to only work on certain people... but perhaps that's because I am just not used to it? We need to make them a thing so it's normal, lol.

Bladenic

Can anyone recommend any nice sneakers or tennis shoes? Generally wear sperrys in warm weather but wouldn't mind a nice pair of sneakers every now and again.

I saw it... didn't know they were asking for $5 billion from UNIQLO. We'll see how it goes.

And for me, the band collar seems to only work on certain people... but perhaps that's because I am just aren't used to it? We need to make them a thing so it's normal, lol.

I'm going to try because I like them.

lenovox1

Thanks, chief.

Anyway nothing more than $200 how's that? Usually I'd find something myself but I haven't honestly bought a new nice pair of sneakers in so long that I don't even know where to look.

With those criteria, I'd send you over to Karmaloop and JackThreads. Tons and tons of streetwear in that price range.

zeopower6

Since the question came up... I was wondering if the OP shop list could be updated and possibly categorized by what kind of 'look'/items are available at each of them? :x

Alucrid

Banned
Since the question came up... I was wondering if the OP shop list could be updated and possibly categorized by what kind of 'look'/items are available at each of them? :x

Eh, that's pretty useless since a lot of shops run the gamut in terms of what they carry. Price range would probably be better, if anything.

Thanks, chief.

Anyway nothing more than $200 how's that? Usually I'd find something myself but I haven't honestly bought a new nice pair of sneakers in so long that I don't even know where to look.
if you're willing to dig around sale-oriented websites and etc, you can pretty often get $300-400+ sneakers for about that price or lower. Yoox for example, has a few:

Emma Holmes
Helen Yoi
Doucal's
Marc Jacobs
Diemme
Gianfranco Lattanzi Creazioni
Leather Crown
Pantofola D'oro
etc etc

Too many to list really, styles and sizes all over the places. I'd check out Marc Jacobs and gianfranco personally, they're nice but low-key, versatile and wearable with regular dude broclothes.

http://www.yoox.com/us/44586729QN/item?dept=shoesmen#sts=sr_shoesmen80&cod10=44586729LL&sizeId=9

a good stealthwealth normcore sneaker

NinjaBoiX

Are trainers like this particularly well made or something? I don't understand why they charge so much. Because those look like the sort of trainers you'd get if you wanted to get some Nike running shoes but couldn't quite afford them. They look like cheapo knock offs, and I bet they're made in the same factory.

Kind of like that crazy $850 black hoody a few pages back that looked like a $10 Primark special.

I don't mean to be negative, I'm not trolling, I'm genuinely intrigued. I post in this thread because I'd like to think I dress fairly well and have an interest in fashion, but some of the stuff that gets posted looks incredibly cheap, but is astronomically expensive.

I get paying a couple of hundred for a really well made, smart looking coat or something (like the one mac posted) but I actually wouldn't want to wear some of this super expensive stuff! It often looks really tacky IMO.

Top Bottom