• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Can anyone help me out? I want a burgundy field jacket. Reasonable price and quality (about a hundred bucks is my upper limit). Anyone know where I can find one?

burberry-brit-burgundy-red-sport-collection-heritage-field-jacket-product-1-5639544-081598023_large_flex.jpeg

Something like that. Any idea where I can find one?

Gaf I'm eyeing this watch. Thoughts? $350

I love it! But I'm too cheap to ever buy it.

NinjaBoiX

it's also $500
Ouch, that's a little steep for my wallet! I still want one though.

I got this as a gift for Christmas and I'm digging it, I love the funnel neck with the double button fastening:

Excuse the hairs, my mates cat used it as a bed one night, it wants dry cleaning too. I tried to find out more about the label "Your-Own", but google gets confused by the generic nature of the name!

Is there an online store or something?

They just always look excessive to me. Like the designer ran out of ideas and just said "fuck it, let's put some epaulettes on the shoulder and call it a day, I'm tired of working on this."

I much prefer clean shoulders but that's inline with the minimalist style I like my jackets in. To each his own.

Continuing my journey to finding a jacket like that...

m65-07.jpg

Burgundy jacket by 'Nice Collective'... however, it's out of stock. I guess they don't make it anymore. They have another burgundy jacket on their site, but I'm not a huge fan of it.

I'm looking at ASOS but I'm not having any luck.

zeopower6

I found two simple hooded burgundy jackets on sale at Topman (50 and 60 dollars instead of 100 and 130) but they ... don't feel right, lol.

Order got here. I don't know who that our legacy hat was designed for but it doesn't fit my head at all, guess I'll be giving it away. Everything else is sweet, CP's fit well and look good, hell they even smell nice. Sweatshirts is good.

zeopower6

This jacket at Topman is somewhat close

Yeah they have the burgundy jackets at Topman but I wasn't sure about one of them since it didn't have a model in the image... now that I look at them again though, they have the same item twice on their website! One is 10 dollars more than the other though wtf, lol.

Here and here.

The more expensive listing has the model in it.

And I like the collar detail in those polos. :D

NinjaBoiX

Yeah, the collar detail is what sold me. Really nice shirts they are.

Also, those two coats from Topman are slightly different. I had them side by side comparing, I prefer the hood on the cheaper one, but the cut and fabric looks nicer on the more expensive one. I'm torn!

I didn't actually other either yet, that was a pre-emptive post!

zeopower6

Yeah, the collar detail is what sold me. Really nice shirts they are.

Also, those two coats from Topman are slightly different. I had them side by side comparing, I prefer the hood on the cheaper one, but the cut and fabric looks nicer on the more expensive one. I'm torn!

I didn't actually other either yet, that was a pre-emptive post!

Hmm, the lining of the cheaper one's hood is different (plaid instead of gray?), and the more expensive one has a few more buttons. I thought any differences in fabric quality were due to lighting.

It is sort of strange that they have two items that are almost identical on their site lol

i don't know about those jeans. that wash is kinda a bit much.

I'm more concerned about that guy's legs.... they look like jeggings with how tight they are.

What is the polo brand with a V as its logo? Almost like a bird or a plane in the shape of a V. It could be really popular, I don't know.

Seen them around, slim fit too.

edit: hollister

Is this a good brand?

NinjaBoiX

i don't know about those jeans. that wash is kinda a bit much.
I think skinny jeans are horrendous in general, never been a fan. They are look great on girls (obvs), but I just don't get it on guys. Each to their own I guess.
Hmm, the lining of the cheaper one's hood is different (plaid instead of gray?), and the more expensive one has a few more buttons. I thought any differences in fabric quality were due to lighting.

It is sort of strange that they have two items that are almost identical on their site lol
Yeah, there isn't much in it. The more expensive one is cut straight across at the bottom rather than dropping down slightly at the back, and doesn't have the extra (superfluous IMO) stitching detail. Also, the fabric on the cheaper one is that shiny scratchy stuff, not a fan.

Hmm, I might just go for the more expensive one, the hood is the only thing I prefer on the cheaper one. I like fairly small hoods that prop themselves up. Big floppy hoods look a bit poo.
What is the polo brand with a V as its logo? Almost like a bird or a plane in the shape of a V. It could be really popular, I don't know.
Voi Jeans.
sPO08CQ.jpg

Or you may be thinking of Evisu:

jyuflk4.jpg

With the bird description I'm not sure which one you mean!

Edit: oh Hollister.

zjRr7VO.jpg

I can see that!

zeopower6

Seen them around, slim fit too.

edit: hollister

Is this a good brand?

It's sort of popular, but mainly because it's at malls and is affordable. It's in the same ranks and quality as the other mall brands. (Abercrombie & Fitch, American Eagle, Aeropostale) I don't really go there because the atmosphere reminds me of A&F and AE, A&F being the douchiest feeling of them all due to the timed cologne mist in their stores. Also Hollister is owned by the parent company of Abercrombie... I guess it's more of a youth targeted brand.

I think their logo is a seagull, A&F's is a moose, AE's is an eagle, and Aeropostale's is an '87'.

NinjaBoiX

^ Not a fan of those shoes breh, too formal and uptight for my tastes.
I don't like those Topman jackets :/
Yeah, my local Topman has them both in stock. I just tried them both on.

They are not good, I looked like I was off to my first day at school, will not buy. I'm glad I didn't just click order!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I need to update my shoe collection. I have pretty wide feet though so it's tricky sometimes.

Want something smart casual and could be tempted to buy a smart pair if I liked the look for the right price.

Also on the lookout for summer footwear.

Prefer sub £100 prices.

NinjaBoiX

what's your preferred type of footwear?
Trainers, sneakers and superfly kicks. Even when I wear shoes they're more like trainers. See post #4436 and #4437 for reference.

I do have a few pairs of dress shoes for formal occasions but I wouldn't choose to wear them unless the situation required it.

Trainers, sneakers and superfly kicks. Even when I wear shoes they're more like trainers. See post #4436 and #4437 for reference.

I do have a few pairs of dress shoes for formal occasions but I wouldn't choose to wear them unless the situation required it.

No chukkas? Red wings? Oxfords? Derbys? Brogues? Loafers?

Top Bottom