• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

I can't even do it due to having a large neck. :(
If you can afford it, make a few (the ones for job interview or major life event) bespoke.

It's not that more expensive that buying a premium shirt off the rack.

Frustrated_me said:
Mistaken I noticed you change your laces on your shoes? Correct? Mind pointing me to a direction where I can pick some quality laces online for an affordable price?
Damn nice shoes you got.
Where are you located?
Quality laces are unfortunately not that easy to find.
i usually crash buy them at the supermarket or MisterMinute.
Most forum speak about Ringpoint or just buying lace (with a ridiculous premium) from luxury shoemakers (Weston, Corthay, etc..)

would you cop?
10229849_1203899_400.jpg

quoting for future reference

Sub it, man.

Eyeing these bad boys up:

http://i.imgur.com/LTmHls9.jpg[IMG]

:/[/QUOTE]

Might just be the pic, but that shoe looks fucking enormous. Like a child could sit inside enormous.

[quote="freenudemacusers, post: 105336731"]would you cop?
[IMG]http://cdn-images.farfetch.com/10/22/98/49/10229849_1203899_400.jpg

Absolutely.

i don't know how you can look in the mirror and wonder if you can rock shades or not

They're like regular glasses. Anyone can rock them, just gotta find the right pairs. Only they're dark.

that mint jacket is dope.

how did the philip lim feel? i tried on a $5 or something ridic dior homme leather a couple years ago and I was almost drunk enough to make a poor financial decision.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
The Lim jacket was pretty amazing, I won't lie. I call bullshit on the price:quality ratio of a lot of designer stuff, but that argument is objectively feeble in the face of good leather products. Also made my mind reel a little to imagine that Illith could just waltz in and pick something like this up on a whim. ;)

Should I get the mint jacket? It fit quite well and I really liked the uniqueness of the color. Bear in mind that I don't actually own a black leather already.

Xun

What's the collar like? Classic bomber style? Jacket looks great, fit seems good too. Good purchase.
I'll have to post a picture up later on showing the collar.

It's a really nice jacket, and the leather is great.

Really, really cool. I love that.

That's how a leather jacket should be, clean, simple, tasteful.

The whole outfit looks really stylish. Understated cool.

I'll say it

Clean blue shirt is the star of that photo
Thanks guys!

Also it's definitely my favourite shirt I'd say.

jesalr

This is a weird one. My mum is going to India for a couple of weeks. Is there anything you would recommend picking up from India for cheap? I know that (weirdly) leather is quite cheap there.

^european designer stuff will cost you about the same because of import duty and taxes in my experience but no harm looking!

this is not a realm for jokers

fyi they are still here along with some others

http://www.gilt.com/sale/women/eyew...5283-wooyoungmi-x-linda-farrow-wayfarer-frame

edit: they may be listed in women's but wooyoungmi is a menswear label. fear not manshioners.

nice, bought also despite buying some oliver peoples just a few weeks ago >_>

This is a weird one. My mum is going to India for a couple of weeks. Is there anything you would recommend picking up from India for cheap? I know that (weirdly) leather is quite cheap there.
well a lot of designers get embroidery done there so maybe a cool embroidered scarf or something

If you a very fitting shirt: ask your mom to have a few based on that one in a made to measure tailoring shop.
When i was in Chennai, i went to Raymond's, quiet happy on how it turned out for the shirt.
They were expecting me to gain a lot of pounds when i was going back in India, didn't turn out that way so i'm floating in the suit :/

Any tips for a very light jacket that could be worn in the heat with jeans? Summer coming up soon. Have a G-Star one that I really like but it's black so perhaps a bit more colorful? Finally lost all the weight I need to lose, and have been running for a while to the point where I'm approaching fit so I'm pretty confident about replacing clothes at this point. Will have to go slowly though given I'm a poor college student :p

In any case, budget is 200 but I have a 100 dollar Macy's giftcard as well. Store here isn't as nice as the one in San Francisco which is a bummer.

Any tips for a very light jacket that could be worn in the heat with jeans? Summer coming up soon. Have a G-Star one that I really like but it's black so perhaps a bit more colorful? Finally lost all the weight I need to lose, and have been running for a while to the point where I'm approaching fit so I'm pretty confident about replacing clothes at this point. Will have to go slowly though given I'm a poor college student :p

In any case, budget is 200 but I have a 100 dollar Macy's giftcard as well. Store here isn't as nice as the one in San Francisco which is a bummer.

Maybe something unstructured from J.crew in Linen?

the print is cool but the tank is meh.

re: brimmed hats, i think they look good if you have the right duds. you're in la, i'm sure they're everywhere.

also, i've warmed to slp. i dig the hyperluxe rockabilly shit.

zeopower6

The hat depends on what you wear with it. It can look rabbi-ish real fast.

I wish the tank didn't have that huge 9 on it... maybe if it were smaller? A shame because I like that print. Maybe the digitally printed botanical shirt?

On another note, was looking for their shorts, or pants as they call them. But that price tag? Come on now.

http://www.sotostore.com/store/dries-van-noten-prodo-pants-gol

Oo, Barneys has those shorts in now.

http://www.barneys.com/on/demandwar...t/Product-Show?pid=503264463&cgid=men&index=2

Salazar

it's above zero, the sun is shining and it's not windy. given it's march you gotta take what you can get!

Turned out alright, yeah.

Went to Garbstore. Bought another EG blazer.

Tried on some Needles stuff, but I straight out don't understand it. I know it's made from heaps of different shit, but it fits like it's made from heaps of different shit.

Turned out alright, yeah.

Went to Garbstore. Bought another EG blazer.

Tried on some Needles stuff, but I straight out don't understand it. I know it's made from heaps of different shit, but it fits like it's made from heaps of different shit.

post-normcore!

Maybe something unstructured from J.crew in Linen?

Went by their store and they only had one jacket in stock, just want to try things on at this point to see whether I'd be a small or medium.

Tried on an intense Scotch & Soda mint green leather jacket tonight. Fun.
Where'd you try it on at? Didn't see it on their site or at Nordstroms. Probably out of my current budget anyway if its leather.

I like the plum Scotch and Soda bomber quite a bit and it seems sufficiently thin, how does their sizing run generally? Have a winter coat of theirs but I imagine that's not the best comparison to make. Anywhere I might be able to try one on at? Nordstroms didn't have much of theirs, do have a bloomingdales close by though.

Top Bottom