• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peggies

Gold Member
You were the chosen one.

not like this GIF
Nooooo, you break my heart
Sad The Lord Of The Rings GIF

Tschumi

It means member of ABBA. Specifically Agnetha. Come to think of it, Austria is relatively close to Sweden…can we be sure one of these isn’t you?

I remember in their last interview before breakup the blonde one snapped that she's more than legs or whatever.. can totally see how much she hates that outfit lol

Peggies

Gold Member
he's showing his powerful manipulations of the English language, I wager. A banger is the one who bangs, a bangette is the recipient. Bangee might be a more appropriate term there tho.
Aha, so it's not the female who likes to bang but the female who likes to get banged.

Hence "Peggies gets it". Wow, that's brilliant Richard Packer Richard Packer !

You're like...damnit I can't think of something witty and the baby needs his diapers changed...

not wrong the big lebowski GIF

Ionian

Thank the good lord I didn't grow up with access to any sheep.

Not a Welshman so.

Father had a farm, I was pretty used to it.

Fun story apparently you put an elastic band on rams balls when young and they eventually fall off. Apparently it's normal to for lambs.

Another farmer stopped off talking to my Father when the lamb kept collapsing when he was driving. (To a vet) The farmer just twisted and pulled. No balls now.

One sweep.

Sounds horrific but I was abroad when he got them all. The plastic band had the lamb collapsing in pain. The lamb was fine but matured super aggressive.

Came back and went to say hello. You don't fuck with rams, hit me so hard with a head butt as a hello (or get out of my territory).

Cockerels are the worst, he had a few in a pen ... the attack each other constantly and are in for the kill. They go full alpha-male. Those didn't last long. They just want to fuck the chickens.

I'm a city boy, having sheep, chickens, rams all killing each other. Was some experience.

Also never go to a herd of cows if they don't know you, once one speeds up the entire herd does. Death. there's a reason why they are isolated and only if they recognize the owner they comply.

Plus every farmyard needs a duck. Honestly ducks calm them down and rule the roost for other birds.

haxan7

Banned
Not a Welshman so.

Father had a farm, I was pretty used to it.

Fun story apparently you put an elastic band on rams balls when young and they eventually fall off. Apparently it's normal to for lambs.

Another farmer stopped off talking to my Father when the lamb kept collapsing when he was driving. (To a vet) The farmer just twisted and pulled. No balls now.

One sweep.

Sounds horrific but I was abroad when he got them all. The plastic band had the lamb collapsing in pain. The lamb was fine but matured super aggressive.

Came back and went to say hello. You don't fuck with rams, hit me so hard with a head butt as a hello (or get out of my territory).

Cockerels are the worst, he had a few in a pen ... the attack each other constantly and are in for the kill. They go full alpha-male. Those didn't last long. They just want to fuck the chickens.

I'm a city boy, having sheep, chickens, rams all killing each other. Was some experience.

Also never go to a herd of cows if they don't know you, once one speeds up the entire herd does. Death. there's a reason why they are isolated and only if they recognize the owner they comply.

Plus every farmyard needs a duck. Honestly ducks calm them down and rule the roost for other birds.
Man the ball thing sounds brutal.

Ionian

Thank the good lord I didn't grow up with access to any sheep.

Man you have to shepherd them into an enclosed space and they keep staying away. Lifting even one to clip their hoofs, it's dangerous unless you can get them on their back quickly. They are extremely heavy when they have a full coat of wool.

If you don't do it, they get gangrene. Treating that is horrible as they need to have their nails clipped. The gangrene spreads as they live on farmland. I remember the paste, could be either green or blue to disinfect them.

Lambing season, be expected to have zero sleep. I herd no matter what on a farm doesn't take human sleep into consideration.

It's basically go out in the middle of the night. Many die. They can have abnormalities and very many young cows and sheep die for that reason from childbirth. Once the season starts, you have to be super aware and it is massive work.

Ionian

Man the ball thing sounds brutal.

It was, the lamb kept collapsing in pain. Apparently it's what is done. The lamb was a house lamb, I think my Father simply left it too late and the hormones kicked in. The thing was tiny. I considered it horrible but apparently it was fine after. They had to get it out of the house, was attacking everything once the hormones kicked in.

I still have a tiny little furry (not that type) toy named after him, given by my youngest sister. Dunno where they ended up but pretty sure the call was made once it came to the cull to include them.

Lambsy had an extended life until they didn't.

Think about your next kebab boys! (I love Kebabs, used to buy mince meat from a local Halal place, they openly slit the throat while you were asking for mince, butchers were public. Had the backroom open behind the till).

Ionian

Who says I'm paying? Read my tag again 😉

Never watched the show, heard it was good.

Just rodents provide and are discarded by the females of the species. Same as with spiders, they eat their mate.

Also Hamsters much like many other rodents are prone to early death due to cancerous growths once they mate.

Then again cats and dogs will eat the weak of the litter so they can feed those who survive.

Make sure your bank account is non-binary or asexual. They'll leave you alone if you ain't feeling it.

Tschumi

I was so annoyed about trying to remove the hack from my wii u, so i could sell it for $40 and pay $15 to mail it, that i just took it to a technology bin at the local mall and dumped the whole thing, wii sensor, remotes,nunchucks, controllers, power brick, wii u remote power brick and all in the thing... Good riddance... Here's hoping they don't turn it on out of interest and see my mii account or whatever it's called

.. Funny thing is i played a few minutes of botw - grainy as sin on my 4k but i don't mind - as a kind of farewell to the thing and i finally thought i might be able to like it... Fie! Zelda is the balls, something about it just seems to be on another level of polish and creativity vs. similar games.. just my take ofc.. playing it on a bigger screen certainly helped, somehow... That old switch lite i had last year just felt like a vita with fewer, more expensive games...

i think I'm gonna play some Immortals: Fenyx Rising, or whatever it's called, to scratch this itch somewhat.. apparently Immortals released a Diablo clone expansion... No, not interested in buying it, but interesting to see such a drastic redesign inserted into a finished game...

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
My employer announced that we'll be getting 5% raises on top of our regular raises this year across the board, no doubt in reaction to how many people have left due to it being a worker's market right now. They're also going to award an additional annual bonus.

5% of my salary is like three months of my total living expenses a year. And this is before they tack on the 2% or so annual increases we tend to enjoy. Spicy times. Kind of glad I didn't jump ship now.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My employer announced that we'll be getting 5% raises on top of our regular raises this year across the board, no doubt in reaction to how many people have left due to it being a worker's market right now. They're also going to award an additional annual bonus.

5% of my salary is like three months of my total living expenses a year. And this is before they tack on the 2% or so annual increases we tend to enjoy. Spicy times. Kind of glad I didn't jump ship now.
I'm waiting to hear what our raises will be this year. Should know late March or early April. Bonus payout should be around 20% my salary this year which is great but less than last year. Next year is going to be dismal for bonus payout unfortunately. I got approved to be fully remote so I might stick around for the shitty bonus payout in '23.

Thaedolus

I’m getting less and less remote as time goes on. Unfortunately the high profile window office downtown means more visibility and need to be in long term strategy meetings and shit like that. Also, my team and I need to start tracking billable hours to sort of justify salaries, which means I need to find things to keep them busy.

On the flip side, paychecks since the raise have been awesome and I’m getting founder shares in a new entity which, if the smoke out CEO is blowing up my ass is true, could lead to a much earlier retirement than I ever thought

Peggies

Gold Member
If I had a penis I'd constantly put funny little hats or other decoration on it. Hilarious!

Well, I got a baby instead and make him wear funny hats all the time.
Edit: on his head!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom