• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal gear 4 + Kojimas new game at Sonys press conference"Source:gamesradar"

Metal Gear Solid 4 to debut tonight!

[16/05/05 12:05]
Footage from first PS3 Metal Gear to be shown at Sony conference

Metal Gear Solid 4 footage will be publicly shown tonight for the first time ever, gamesradar.com can reveal.

Clips from the game will be shown at Sony Computer Entertainment America's pre-E3 press conference, which takes place in Culver City, Los Angeles at 11pm (UK time).

As we revealed back in March, the game will be released for as-yet-unspecified next-generation consoles, although today's news suggests that the game will debut on PlayStation 3.

The game will be the first that isn't produced by Metal Gear mastermind Hideo Kojima, who is moving on to another next-gen project (details of which are also expected to be announced at tonight's Sony event).

We're in LA at this very moment and will be reporting live from tonight's Sony and Microsoft conferences, which will be closely followed by tomorrow's Nintendo shindig.

Expect an avalanche of news, analysis, screenshots, photos and - yes - footage direct from sunny California over the coming week...

according to this site

yes it is sweet!

its only 9,5 hours away:) untill we get to see sonys press conference

kojimas new game for PSP or PS3 thats my guess :)

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
I hope it's not just some stupid teaser. Though I don't really see how they could possibly have enough done since MGS3 for anything else.

Unless it's just a movie made specifically for the unveiling. I guess that'd be...quite exciting. Really hope they have something of real substance (I'm not making a joke here) from the actual next game though.

king zell

beleiv3 th3 hyp3

smiley-rock.gif

Mama Smurf said:
I hope it's not just some stupid teaser. Though I don't really see how they could possibly have enough done since MGS3 for anything else.

Unless it's just a movie made specifically for the unveiling. I guess that'd be...quite exciting. Really hope they have something of real substance (I'm not making a joke here) from the actual next game though.

I think a UK magazine reported that the team began working on MGS4 in November

How many copies did MGS3 sell? Is it really that big of a franchise? Wouldn't a new GTA game be more beneficial for Sony? Then again, what do I care, I love the MGS series. Hopefully, it takes place after MGS2 and features Solid Snake kicking ass once again. The team that makes the MGS games has to be the most impressive team ever because the graphics in MGS3 still rival and (in terms of fluid character animation) destroy the competition on superior hardware. :)

Doom_Bringer said:
Gameradar is a joke? Why? They are the same as Daily Radar but based in Europe!

Daily Radar was the first site to ever get media on MGS2. So +1million from them. I still remember the first pics, really bad caps of Snake shooting gaurds over the rail in the trailer.

123rl

cvkpaladin said:
How many copies did MGS3 sell? Is it really that big of a franchise? Wouldn't a new GTA game be more beneficial for Sony? Then again, what do I care, I love the MGS series. Hopefully, it takes place after MGS2 and features Solid Snake kicking ass once again. The team that makes the MGS games has to be the most impressive team ever because the graphics in MGS3 still rival and (in terms of fluid character animation) destroy the competition on superior hardware. :)

Who cares how much it sells? The MGS series is AWESOME and this is fantastic news for everyone who likes the series. MGS was my favourite PSX game, MGS2 was fantastic and the E3 trailers were maybe the most I've ever wanted a game. MGS3 IS the best story telling I've ever seen in a game. It's probably the most mature and sophisticated game I've ever seen (and, no, I don't mean mature as in blood and violence but proper maturity)

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Sheesh, and why would MS and Nintendo pack their bags? It's not exactly shocking that MGS4 is on PS3, the only question was whether it would be shown at E3 or not, and that has been answered.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Cautiously optimistic about this news.... how solid is gamesradar with their scoops?

Elios83

cvkpaladin said:

They have sold 3.3 million units of MGS3.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/10/news_6124024.html

Doom_Bringer said:

Well they were the ones who started the rumors about Nintendo going third-party with absolute certainty may I say a few years back, plus a couple of screwups gave them a bad reputation. But nowadays they seem legit.

Doom_Bringer said:

Like I said, they've reported forum postings as news and made themselves look silly on many occasions. And if i remember correctly Eurogamer.net had at dig at them for doing it. Even the forum moderators over there have said the main site is shit, and you know what they're right. :lol

I'd like to be proved wrong though! :D Go Sony! :D

Wax Free Vanilla said:
Like I said, they've reported forum postings as news and made themselves look silly on many occasions. And if i remember correctly Eurogamer.net had at dig at them for doing it. Even the forum moderators over there have said the main site is shit, and you know what they're right. :lol

crap :(

Top Bottom