• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal gear 4 + Kojimas new game at Sonys press conference"Source:gamesradar"

Elios83 said:
They have sold 3.3 million units of MGS3.

Jesus, thats a lot more then I thought they did! Go Konami!
ps2banana.gif

Laurent

dark10x said:
I don't plan on "beleiving" the hype, but I DO plan on believing.
Me being frenchy = Me spelling english like an ass...

Oh and...

nomgs4.jpg

I said "Maybe a teaser"... So technicly, I still could be right...

Elios83

Of course it will be just a teaser.
They will show the new Snake model,new setting with really advanced phisics but nothing really concrete on the game I suppose.The first real MGS4 trailer will appear at this TGS or directly at the E3 2006.

Odnetnin

Banned
Laurent said:
But don't expect anything the size of Snake Eater's first teaser...

why do you continually troll MGS - between RE4 + MGS3, we have the 2 best games last gen.

and you don't know enough to say what will be shown - how long it'd be or what. :mad

Laurent said:
But don't expect anything the size of Snake Eater's first teaser...

That was a 1minute and 15seconds long this one is reported to only be 30secs. All i'm really expecting is something along the lines of what Elios said, the trailer showing off Snakes model in wherever its going to take place, which at the moment seems to be a city. Lock that in with a small clip of the MGS theme and i'm happy.

Khalid-S

MS also from what i heard has a Halo 3 teaser in hand ready for any potential threat from Sony's conference. :D :D :D

This is gonna be some E3...

n3mo_toad

trmas said:
Well, MS is screwed now ;)

because they never expected Sony to show off MGS4? riiiiiiiiight :D

All it would take in response is a Halo 3 Trailer. or a Splinter cell 4 trailer. There are pros and cons to going first at E3: You get the first impression, but it's your last impression.

Which, of course, would mean a new Zelda Revolution Trailer from Nintendo, and by tuesday, everyone would be like, "Metal gear wha? Halo who? Splinter eh?"

That's what I dream of.

Just kidding. sort of.

Fans are going to jump for what they want--for some people, the entire show will be about MGS4. for others, it'll be about whatever surprise MS obviously has in store. for the rest, it's whatever Reggie talks about. :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
All it would take in response is a Halo 3 Trailer. or a Splinter cell 4 trailer.

A Halo 3 trailer would be very welcome. SC4...not so much.

I think an MGS4 trailer for PS3 could have a larger impact than Halo 3, though. Halo 2 was good, but it did not satisfy a lot of the fanbase. Many people walked away from Halo 2 in disappointment...similar to MGS2. However, MGS3 managed to win a lot of MGS fans back and I'd imagine that, plus the lack of any real PS3 info up until that event, could have quite an impact. Halo 3 would also make a serious splash, but it might not have quite the same impact.

They'd both be HUGE, though, and I hope we get a chance to see both.

Laurent

Razoric said:
dude you're obsessed, get the fuck over it
I just don't get why people expects so much, so soon after MGS3's release. They clearly haven't developed MGS4 head to head with MGS3, and everyone except SSX seems to expect something that will blow them away... MGS4 isn't going to be game of the show, not this year...

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Laurent said:
I just don't get why people expects so much, so soon after MGS3's release. They clearly haven't developed MGS4 head to head with MGS3, and everyone except SSX seems to expect something that will blow them away... MGS4 isn't going to be game of the show, not this year...

I'd love to see it this year, but in reality, I believe you are right. I really am not expecting a whole lot, if anything...

Honestly, Sony conferences are typically quite boring and have almost always disappointed in previous years. Can't say I'm expecting anything different this time around.

Razoric

Banned
Laurent said:

who cares if we get hyped up over it... its our loss if they dont deliver. i just dont see why you have to damage control every MGS4 thread. you even made a graphic about it for christs sake. :lol

refreshZ

Laurent said:

How do you know? They might have got far enough to demo some of the MGS4 technologies and gameplay staples at E3. And that would certainly be enough to whet my appetite.

Odnetnin

Banned
Razoric said:
who cares if we get hyped up over it... its our loss if they dont deliver. i just dont see why you have to damage control every MGS4 thread. you even made a graphic about it for christs sake. :lol

^ what he said.

dark10x said:
I'd love to see it this year, but in reality, I believe you are right. I really am not expecting a whole lot, if anything...

Honestly, Sony conferences are typically quite boring and have almost always disappointed in previous years. Can't say I'm expecting anything different this time around.

ahah I agree

Laurent

Razoric said:
I did the graphic about it in the first place to show how easy a fake MGS4 logo could be done... It's my job, I do it everyday with boring stuff, why not doing it with something interesting?

EGM92

tsp_gatmog said:
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Someone get this guy a towel stat!

MG4 today... PS3 ... so much more... I NEED A TOWEL! STAT!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
good news but MS is doomed because of MGS4 teaser? haha...

as much as I like the MGS series, that's pretty stupid to say

Razoric

Banned
Wario64 said:
good news but MS is doomed because of MGS4 teaser? haha...

as much as I like the MGS series, that's pretty stupid to say

If the MGS4 teaser is good enough to get the PS3 hype train rolling then yeah I'd say it could do a good bit of damage.

What the shit?! Just checked the thread again (sorry, Santa) and all the time have been DRASTICALLY changed. This sucks, I was expecting to get some news before I went to school. :(

Miburou

I hope they release a DVD of the trailer, like they did with MGS2. I must've watched that DVD at least 20 times (including well after MGS2's release).

Solid said:
Yeah, and FFXIII and GTA4 :lol

But even if Microsoft were to nab all 3 of those franchises, people 'round these parts would still put some Pro-Sony spin on it.

"Sony are great evaluators, they obviously feel those franchises are losing steam."

"Sony is going to focus on bringing new franchises this gen, no more sequels and rehashes!"

:lol

explodet

Good news.

On a related topic - I've been seeing a new Snake Eater commercial that's been playing recently - the game's been out for like 6 months and they're playing a new commercial?

explodet said:
Good news.

On a related topic - I've been seeing a new Snake Eater commercial that's been playing recently - the game's been out for like 6 months and they're playing a new commercial?

It's been circling around MTV every other day too

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I thought this was too good to happen but its actually true. Bore I read this I had very little interest to see what Sony would have at E3, but this news has got me so exited. I doubt we will get that much information, but for now, anything will do:D

MGS4 will be in teaser form, don't expect 15+ minutes 360-head-spinning like back in E3 2000 :)

But anyway - COWABANGA!!! Ocelot spinning his next-gen revolvers! Raiden with his cute ass in sweet next-gen grassss!

P.S: Tomorrow is the Version 2 release of MetalGearSolid.org too. Look foward :p

Laurent

What do you think the storyline will be based on? Naked Snake or Solid Snake? Prequel, sequel of Snake Eater or sequel of Sons of Liberty?

MGS4 will be cell shaded and star a 9 year old Snake. That will be the megaton. Who's with me?

P.S Can't wait to see this game. Just ordered MGS3.

Laurent said:
What do you think the storyline will be based on? Naked Snake or Solid Snake? Prequel, sequel of Snake Eater or sequel of Sons of Liberty?

Sequel to the MGS trilogy (after MGS2) but with new storyline and with "Snake" as a main character :)

I love MGS as much as the rest of you (which means I'm giddy to see the MGS4) but some of you really over-estimate the franchise. You think it would be that big of a blow to the 360? I just don't see it as being a mainstream game. I would think that some great Madden footage for 360 would easily overcome the MGS4 trailer for all the 'joe six packs' out ther that would be considering a 360.

I suppose it could be a device for determining the graphical divide from 360 to PS3...but again, do the casuals and the Madden-heads really care? I'm not so sure.

Top Bottom